untitled at the moment | Teen Ink

untitled at the moment

By Zobst1 GOLD, Buffalo, New York
Zobst1 GOLD, Buffalo, New York

"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic." -The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde

Street lights have your shadow glued to the ground. I haven't even noticed that it's dark out.
Your eyes are stuck on me and your heart is bursting with beauty and warmth.
I keep my eyes on the ground, admiring your silhouette from a distance. I always dream of love.
For you, there's nothing more you could want. While I want to change my life entirely.
You hope to see the morning sun soon. As I keep holding onto the darkness.
Every now and then you brush your burning hand against mine. My hands are always freezing.
Your voice brings me strength with every word. Maybe, one day my voice will be as strong as yours.
Time moves too quickly in your eyes. Every morning I wake up, I wish time would push past me.
War is a horrible thought that you refuse to think about, at all costs. Honestly, war involves people
who are just like me fighting for the same things I want. Things I want more than life itself.
You like to listen to the wind whisper in your ear. While I regret ever meeting music.
One time you dared to press your soft lips to my cheek. I pulled away, but felt the happiest I had felt in a while.
You have the loving family that everyone dreams about. I have no one, but myself.
Watching your garden grow is one of your favorite hobbies. I only wish I would change, like your flowers do.
Life for you is joyful and carefree; filled with elated peace. Life for me is a disaster; emptied of everything happy.
Your life is perfect. You just wish that I would let you in. My life is scarred. I wish that I could let you in.

Part one of a 'series.' Might be edited; please tell me what you think! :)