Crucial Nightmare | Teen Ink

Crucial Nightmare

By SSAbeG GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey
SSAbeG GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey

"Within the good people around us, they have demons within them too."

As you close your eyes, everything turns black. Nothing to be seen and nothing to notice.

The moon falls behind the mountains and many creatures begin to awaken.

Ghosts, ghouls, and monstrous figures roam the lands. Our heads somehow create these things.

Their roars grow and their footsteps get louder each time. A cold sweat forms on your body.

Beckoning light won’t help. Neither will confidence. They will show up somewhere for sure.

Fear begins to appear in our emotions, and you cannot control it. You feel caged in and trapped.

This develops and tears you down. You’re a born survivor, aren’t you? So, can you stand up?

The euphoria isn’t a calm place to be all the time. It may contain those very same feelings.

Monsters lurking in those same shadows where you once were, tracking every move you make.

Living this hideous nightmare. Treacherous actions have to be made within a split decision.

A wrong path may lead you to a random location in a non-existent world or universe.

Following you makes a bright aura, following others makes that aura go dark.

The beautiful eyes in the distance, a monster’s eyes inside your head. Why did you change?

Misshapen, distorted figures roaming the forest in the night. How many of them are there?

Can’t you tell how much fear is stuck? You want to release a scream, but your voice is gone.

Tears fell down your face and I held you tight as the shadow crept closer and closer.

As my eyes jolted awake, I sprung out of bed. Finally, I realized it was all a nightmare.