My past. | Teen Ink

My past.

By Myskymystar BRONZE, Kuwait City, Alabama
Myskymystar BRONZE, Kuwait City, Alabama

I think of the past almost every time I close my eyes.

I think of old friends, old memories and the person I used to be.

I think of how naive, shy and frightened I was to the point where my voice was unheard.

I miss people who probably forgot I existed and moved on with their lives however, it is not their fault it is completely mine because I am so stuck in the past it is kind of pathetic and sad.

They say you will forget with time , but I strongly disagree because the only thing I forgot about is how to enjoy the present instead of the past.

I miss the English teacher that favored me in class and I miss the fragrance I wore in middle school and this is why I purchased a new bottle all the way from New York to Kuwait and it got shipped by a plane.

The problem is that on the bottle it says “ top fruity notes of raspberry, grapefruit and pear”

But the moment I sprayed it all over my new body I smelled the memories that I crave to relive all over again , I smelled the innocence I once had.

I saw my friends faces and listened to their giggles and laughter , and it made my heart fill up with pain.

I remembered my crying face , my runny nose and my streaming tears down my face all that because a bully messed up my brain.

I remembered the McDonald’s kids meal we got in English class ,and I remembered my friend’s mixed berries juice in our middle school class.

I remembered it all as if my memories just got unlocked by a some sort of magic spell .

I am 100% sure that I’m glued extremely hard to the past so please I beg you to soak me in alcohol, vinegar and acetone because google tells me this is the only way to get the glue removed.