Do you really want to grow up? | Teen Ink

Do you really want to grow up?

January 31, 2023
By gus15 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
gus15 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you really want to grow up?


I am a kid who wants to move out, but wants to keep the guidance and direction given to me.

A kid who hates school, but wants a career that will satisfy my life choices and finances. 

A kid who wants a million pets, but struggles to take care of a rodent.

A kid who wants a future with someone, but gets bored and leaves within months.

A kid who wants a huge house, but can't keep her room clean for two days.

A kid who wants to go to college, but doesnt want to be away from home.


A kid who hates stereotypes, but wants to stay up to the standards that others make.

A kid that has time to get ready in the morning, but sleeps in 10 minutes before the bell rings.

A kid that has a beautiful wardrobe, but dresses homeless.

A kid who cares about grades, but gets straight c’s.

A kid who hates people, but wants to be popular.

A kid who hates public speaking, but wants to get writing published.

A kid who draws endlessly, but can't keep up with an art class.

A kid who wants to go to the mall every weekend, but spends all her money within a day.

A kid who has the world given to her, but then gets called spoiled by people she doesn't know.

A kid who was considered “weird” in 5th grade, and now struggles to even talk in front of people.

A kid who is terrified to lose her childhood, but wants to move on with her life.

A kid who wants to be mature, but takes after her dad too much.

A kid who wanted to be a psychologist, but dropped psychology classes to relieve stress.


A kid who has struggles in the past, and still struggles now.

A kid who had a terrible high school experience, but considered it the best time of her life.

A kid who used to go to disney every other year, and now saves up for gas.

A kid who used to freak out over McDonald’s, and still does.

A kid who didn't have to worry about bullies, but now can't wear a certain shirt because of a day in june.


I am a kid who is scared to death of growing up, but I have no choice.


The author's comments:

this piece is about my personal conflicts in my past present and future