White Box | Teen Ink

White Box

February 13, 2019
By Anonymous

I am the girl surrounded by a white house filled with ambitions larger than rusty tools provided,

standing still as paper thin figurines stack walls of categorization encased with longing.

Emotions enclosed by white brick put together by a sandy grout.


I am the girl nobody paid attention to, like a white lily sprouted behind a rose bush, planted in a shadow but still able to grow from a sliver of sunlight.

Dappled shade provided but strong roots deep in the soil continue to extend.


I am the girl trained to prepare for what's to come by anticipating the rain.

Wishing to find precious silver in the dust below my feet,

a single copper penny is found between white crystalline pebbles.


I am the girl with a white reflection caused by the control that possesses a pristine image.

Like the ballerina stuck in a broken music box surrounded by infinite conversation,

filled with the desire to dance around the bright tones of a melody.


I am the girl climbing up a continuous white lace curtain grasping for a new reality.

Tangled between this white fabric I am concealed from the bitterness of the outside world,

falling forever down the white rabbit’s hole.


I am the girl with thoughts running in multiple directions and a personality filled with an uncategorized pallet of hues from burning fuschia to sparkling tangerine.

Vibrant thoughts encased in a white box.