Life | Teen Ink

Life

By Theoneandonlywriter SILVER, Spring, Texas
Theoneandonlywriter SILVER, Spring, Texas

"They say the captain goes down with the ship. So, when the world ends, will God go down with it?"

You wake up, darkness surrounds you.

“Where am I?” Asking yourself.

You look around to see a deep and dark tunnel, with a bright light at the end.

“Am I dead?” You’re suddenly grabbed by a mysterious hand.

You get pulled right out of the tunnel.

Hospital lights blind your small, sensitive eyes.

Looking up, you see a mysterious woman holding you, a heart warming smile she gives you.

“Could this be my mother?”

Memories go as time passes. Two years after, the same woman watches you as you emerge from the floor for the first time.

A man and a woman both smile as the first words escape from your tiny mouth.

A few years pass, getter older. Your first day at school.

So unfamiliar you are with this place.

You began to learn basic knowledge.

Soon, you’re walking down the stage to get your diploma.

The man and woman you call, “Mom and Dad,” watch you with proud smiles and tears.

Years later, you’re walking upon the same familiar stage for a college graduation.

Your parents are in the crowd, smiling, proud of you, as they grow more wrinkles on their faces.

Memories fly, you see the smile of a beautiful person that you dedicated your life to.

Marriage is occuring. You look into the crowd to see the same two familiar faces.

Joy fills their heart, but, this time, they are no longer together.

Two people fall in love, two fall out.

Years later, life is born. The process is repeating itself, you can’t help but to be in awe at this beautiful phase of life being born. You swear your life to do anything to make this child happy.

Time passes, growing older. You receive a call bearing grim news. The mother you grew up with, the beautiful woman you first saw as you came into this world, is now gone. Following shortly after is your father…

Time flies by, your skin becomes saggy, hair turning grey. Every moment becomes irrelevant, you figure out life is just an endless cycle. Everyone is once born, everyone passes.

Many years later, your spouse, the person you dedicated to spend your life with, never awakes from their slumber. As everyone you ever knew, has now passed. You realize, life doesn’t hold any meaning to you anymore. You’re next to go.

Waking up one day, looking down that deep tunnel of life. After coming out, another unfamiliar face of a woman is glaring at you with tears in her eyes

Could this be my mother…..

This is one of my most favorite poem that I wrote just a few days ago, please enjoy.