Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

on Nov. 12 2013 at 10:32 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

Most of these simple poems that may or may not be low quality recieve so many comments because they are highly contriversial topics world wide. weather or not you believe this poem was produced with proper "craftmanship" or "creativity" and "originality", this females objective was to reach readers and others that have either felt this pain and conflict or can relate to this type of situation. simply put, I believe this was very succesful. Good job kid.

on Nov. 10 2013 at 1:10 pm
Nicole143 BRONZE, CENTENNIAL, Colorado

"I am haunted by humans" -The Book Thief

it is a cliché topic but the thoughts and style are very original and i love it 

forever210 said...
on Nov. 8 2013 at 11:17 am
forever210, Mckinney, Texas

"You must be the change, you want to see in he world."

~ Gandhi

I love this

beeurself550 said...
on Oct. 27 2013 at 2:17 pm
yeah ok, jerkwad, there are a lot of ppl who like this poem so forget you.  this is a really good poem and try not to ruin it for everyone else.  and remeber the golden rule, if you dont have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!!!

on Oct. 24 2013 at 6:23 pm
alex_gold SILVER, Southlake, Texas

'You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or even despair - the sense that you can never completely put on the page what's in your mind and heart. You can come to the act with your fists clenched and your eyes narrowed, ready to kick ass and take down names. You can come to it because you want a girl to marry you or because you want to change the world. Come to it any way but lightly. Let me say it again: you must not come lightly to the blank page.'

Stephen King

@ carlmarks15 You have obviously never been in a situation like what is described above. Christina made the topic her own and did a beautiful job with it. You are right, it is cliche, but it is also very original. I understand you are only trying to give constuctive criticism, but next time try being NICE about it.

on Oct. 22 2013 at 2:14 pm
PunkRockPrincess1031 SILVER, Spencerville, Ohio

"Is there a right way for being strong? Feels like I'm doin' things all wrong." ~SWS

I personally like how the writer uses a cliched topic (will not disagree on that) and makes it their own. Some people may not see the depth in this poem but because I am going through this exact same thing right now, the poem really got to me. Maybe the editors thought that since it was such a cliched topic, many people could relate to it. I liked this poem and am glad that it made it into the magazine:)

on Oct. 13 2013 at 11:42 am
micshea99 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good wirter. I love this!

rokkozee323 said...
on Oct. 10 2013 at 4:47 pm
rokkozee323, Cincinnati, Ohio
One of the most hackeneyed topics in poetry, "you're a jerk but I love you". I couldn't give you a 5/5 just for that reason, it is 100% unoriginal and cliche. However, the poem itself isn't even good. The rhymes are very mainstream, simple, and even childish in my opinion. But i just want you to know the only reason I rated this as 1/5 is because TeenInk won't allow me to rate it any lower. Overall AWFUL job. Good try though! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :)

on Oct. 9 2013 at 3:52 pm
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

And if one person can take away all of the joy of this poem getting into the magazine for that person, he/she has some serious problems.

on Oct. 9 2013 at 3:48 pm

I'm not jealous. I even said that it was a good poem. I just don't see how THIS poem was published in the magazine. Oh, and way to assume that I'm jealous. -_-

Ansi said...
on Oct. 9 2013 at 9:59 am
Love your poem. It was different but I loved it. Please do more! oh and what I loved it the most was the second verse.

Dea1605 GOLD said...
on Oct. 8 2013 at 7:49 pm
Dea1605 GOLD, Salvador, Other
Honestly, if the editors thought it was good enough to be in the magazine, why don't you just let it be? Imagine how happy this person was to see that his or her poem was published. Don't take that special feeling away because of your jealousy.

Taeve BRONZE said...
on Oct. 7 2013 at 2:13 pm
Taeve BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

Be You And Just LIVE LIFE !

What made you write this ?

on Oct. 6 2013 at 6:44 pm
But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good writer!(: Love this!

on Oct. 6 2013 at 1:33 pm
This is beautiful and so true when you're young! Love it!!!

on Sep. 26 2013 at 8:04 am
r_dharrr SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"There's nothing more beautiful than authenticity. There's nothing uglier than transparency. Your imperfections make you perfect."
-Demi Lovato

Lovelovelove it.

on Sep. 23 2013 at 8:35 pm
liliazia PLATINUM, X, Connecticut

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all."
-Oscar Wilde

I think....for the people who don't like it, just don't understand it. It's a good poem, but for some people it has no meaning. But maybe this girl has a deep meaning behind, which some people saw. And if you want to get published, go to the writers forum and ask for lots of votes on your work.

on Sep. 21 2013 at 1:03 am
NickieWickie BRONZE, Taoyuan, Other
I agree also. I know many girls feel the same way so the poem seems relatable and mutual, but I don't really see why I deserves this much attention.

Mkath SILVER said...
on Sep. 14 2013 at 8:16 pm
Mkath SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota

"Anyone Who thinks that Sunshine is Pure Happiness has Obviously Never Danced in the Rain"

I Know! I feel the same way! and then you also see those top rated poems on the first page of the website that are like 2 lines long and aren't really that deep at all  when there are so many other peoms that are longer and flow better and obviously had someones heart and soul poured into it and they barly get any attention at all!

on Sep. 9 2013 at 11:11 pm

Really? THIS has that any comments? THIS was published in the magazine? I mean, it's a good poem, but aside from the jerk part, there is just nothing special about this poem. So....please remind me how people see THIS as one of the best poems on the site, deserving such attention?