Wishing you were here again | Teen Ink

Wishing you were here again

By RinnyG. SILVER, Manhattan, Kansas
RinnyG. SILVER, Manhattan, Kansas

I'm tall enough I can touch the ground!

Once your born, you start to die...

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

Sometimes I dream, of us together,
Running down the street.
A screaming and a laughing,
I see you chasing after me.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

Often times I think of you,
During my sleepless nights.
Tossing and a turning,
Rekindling forgotten frights.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

But now that you have left us,
Going to another place.
Leaving all your love behind,
With us, you leave your grace.

Wishing you were here again,
So I could see your smile.
Wishing you were here again,
So we might walk another mile.

Ok, so those of you whom have read my work, this is another poem about Ian. For those of you who haven't, Ian was my best friend. We lived across the street from each other from the time we were babies, until we were about 10 yrs old. He moved across town and just didn't seem to fit in right. Ian became really depressed and committed suicide on March 18th 2007. I would really appreciate any kind of constructive critism you all have, and if you new Ian, or have lost anyone else in such a way, I feel your pain. It was hard on us all, and for some of us, it still is.

on Feb. 23 2012 at 9:44 am
falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i lost what a friend that was like a sister... this poem really gets to me. its  really good and when you can bring tears to a readers eyes, you know you've done  a great job:) keep writing :) check out Dear Vanessa by me... it tells a story..:) great job!:)

on Nov. 10 2011 at 10:18 pm
BrittneyLynn BRONZE, W. Richland, Washington

"One who saves another, has saved the entire world."

I lost a friend to a drug overdose in 2009 and this poem makes me think of his sister who is my best friend.

She misses him every single day

Great job, wonderful poem

Roisin GOLD said...
on Mar. 23 2011 at 2:36 pm
Roisin GOLD, Peabody, Massachusetts
chills* , my bad.

Roisin GOLD said...
on Mar. 23 2011 at 2:35 pm
Roisin GOLD, Peabody, Massachusetts
This gave me the cills. Really good job(:

RinnyG. SILVER said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 11:19 pm
RinnyG. SILVER, Manhattan, Kansas

I'm tall enough I can touch the ground!

Once your born, you start to die...

Thank you so much.  It has been a while since I lost him, but it still hurts sometimes.  I totally agree with you about learning how to deal with loosing the people who are close to you.  Again, thank you.  

Rinny

on Feb. 17 2011 at 11:42 am
Love_Kills_the_Blind PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado

"Never regret anything, at one point its exactly what you wanted."

This was an amazing peice of writing. And the background you provided for it only made the poem stronger. I'm sure you're tiered of hearing this but I'm so sorry for your loss. But through death, I think we really discover who we are and grow as people. Some people dont know how to deal with the overwhelming stress of loosing someone close...but this poem shows that you are wise enough and strong enough to honor Ian's memory and push forward. Ink is forever and this poem, as well as his memory, is in ink. Again, beautiful writing..I can't get enough of your stuff!

RinnyG. SILVER said...
on Jan. 1 2011 at 8:47 pm
RinnyG. SILVER, Manhattan, Kansas

I'm tall enough I can touch the ground!

Once your born, you start to die...

Thank you, but I have to tell you, it was about two and a half years after Ian commited suicide before I could put anything onto paper.  I hadn't thought about him for a while and there were kids outside and something just reminded me of how he and I used to play, and inspiration struck me.  It took me about 15 minutes to write "My Friend Ian," and that was the first of my poems.  Just wait, I know how hard it is to go through something like this, but one day you will be able to really come to terms with what happened and those feelings.

<3 Rinny

on Jan. 1 2011 at 7:48 pm
Unknown_listener PLATINUM, Lehi, Utah

Love me and the world is mine <3
I don't heart you I circle you because circles last forever!
"I can get hearing aids, but you'll always be an idiot !" by: Grandma

this is really good work for anyone who can read between the lines it has alot of strong emotion. keep on writing you have a great talent and could go somewhere with it if you choose. never stop believing in your self. the impossible is possible if you believe it you can achive it! check out some of my work..

on Dec. 17 2010 at 4:37 am
ThereIsAlwaysHope GOLD, Belfast, Other

'Miles to go before I sleep'
- Robert Frost

this is amazing... i recently lost a close friend to suicide and... i couldnt even come close to putting my feelings down on paper. i admire you for this poem, i really do.

RinnyG. SILVER said...
on May. 12 2010 at 5:58 pm
RinnyG. SILVER, Manhattan, Kansas

I'm tall enough I can touch the ground!

Once your born, you start to die...

Thank you, I was going through a rough patch when I wrote this, I started this around the time of Ian's birthday and we were singing "Wishing You Were Some How Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera in choir and some how I blended them together.  This piece is probably one of my favorites because of that. 

I will definately look at your work too.

on May. 12 2010 at 10:05 am
jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

this is just...wow. i LOVE this :) it is brilliant! i love the sadness and the nostalgia you put in from your past. i can relate to this so easily. i have gone through this same thing. you did a great job converting all the pain into a beautiful piece of art :) 5 stars. i added this to my faves :) would you mind commenting on some of my work please?