Poison | Teen Ink

Poison

By eternal*sunshine SILVER, Seabrook, Texas
eternal*sunshine SILVER, Seabrook, Texas

I do not speak. No tear falls from my eye. I act like nothing's wrong but inside I'm screaming. This nameless rage fills me. It burns like fire, and all I see is red. My sight no longer clear, I look with death-cold eyes. The life within drowns in that fire, I am offered comfort, but only want revenge. It is a poisonous thing to be filled with so much hatred. It scares me how much I want it. I am afraid to give in to this feeling; afraid of what I might become. There is so much anger it sickens me. My throat is dry and I am burning inside. This cold hatred reaches up from the pit of my stomach and grips my heart in its steely hand. Within me is a darkness that no light can scatter. I am filled with a poison that cannot be cured. I am enslaved by this poison and I can never be saved.

coretha GOLD said...
on Sep. 19 2009 at 8:52 pm
coretha GOLD, Houston, Texas

sweet things come in dreams...(cj franklin)

thats so scary....

but i feel like that at times too sweetie

great work

check out my work

on Aug. 3 2009 at 2:04 am
Thanks, this is one of my better poems, even though I'm not happy with the events that inspired it. Sometimes it's easier to resolve an issue by writing it. Either way, this poem helped me move on.

on Jul. 28 2009 at 11:32 pm
I wrote this poem at a time in my life after a friend of mine-who I had known for almost my entire life-and I had this huge falling out. After our fight I realized how she had not really ever been a true friend to me and after realizing how she would lean on me for so much but never be around when I needed her. I just couldn't control the anger and hurt I felt.

on Jul. 25 2009 at 4:40 am
Hay_Wire PLATINUM, Independence, Missouri
oh.. i know that. im so sorry. it seriously does hurt you. mentally, and physically. whatever it is, i hope you can find some control. its a scary feeling. great writing ,and description.