Modern Views | Teen Ink

Modern Views

April 15, 2015
By JessR SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
JessR SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Corruption of the views of this century are derived by the ones that are supposed to guide. Guiding is what they’re doing, but down the wrong path the guiding is going.

War, anger, hostility is what we are experiencing because violence is the only thing that can do the fixing.
Politicians say world peace, but that’s just a campaign while the fire doesn’t cease.
They want their way and will get it and after we vote we just have to deal with it.
The potential is underestimated of a crowd easily infuriated.
Fused by the violence and anger taught in the generation excited by danger.

Living life to the fullest is the thing to do. going too far is all new.
Limitations are breached and no one will stand for being preached.
When the line to be crossed was left in place, there was a generation of controlled poise and grace.
Now everything turns mainstream and one person is their own team.
No following the status quo because freedom is all we know.
Who cares about the price paid when all you care about is getting laid?
But when you’re sitting jobless, broke, and thirty living with your parents, you’ll no longer get by on being lively and flirty.

Society’s views of beauty ranges on where you live, but the one we live there is very little give.
Bigger is better, it means she is fertile and wealthy in tribal communities of Africa. Starving is better, it means to try too hard for someone who is materialistic in America.
That is how it is portrayed in magazines, you’re only important if you’re transported by limousines.
Don’t get me wrong, skinny is not always wrong.  
I get called out for being “too skinny.” That I need to eat more plenty.
That I don’t need to cut back or work out, but being skinny is not what I think about.
I don’t try to be, I’m trying to be healthy. This body is mine.
As your body is yours.
Mirrors are compulsive liars along with all of today’s media flyers.
Putting you down when you don’t fit the mold, expecting you to look as you are told.
But no one person should have the power to tell you what to be, but even when you’re told you’re perfect, it’s not what they want you too see.
How to get it through your head, I’m not sure, but with this belief I remain secure.
I am beautiful. You are beautiful. We are beautiful.