To the Butterfly | Teen Ink

To the Butterfly

By Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas
Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion overall." -- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe

My Love,

You are only sleeping. And though I dread the moment I must wake you from this slumber, I will not dread the first breath you take. I will not dread the flutter of your wings as you take flight, nor the piercing gaze of your steel eyes. I should only dread interrupting you, as you look so peaceful. All of your power cloaks your body with it’s warmth, just like a blanket, while even passersby know of your frailty. But fret not, my love, you are safe. I have failed you time and time again, but let your worries cease. When you wake . . . when the morning dew graces the leaves . . . when the sun shines white hot in the sky . . . My love you are new. You are pure. You will breathe again. I may have caused this immortal slumber, but I will see to its end.

-Death

This one reminds me of how people make mistakes that they are unable to pay for. Unfortunately, when one can't hold the blame on their own, someone else gets caught in the crossfire, and not everyone will survive it.

on Feb. 27 2015 at 12:39 pm
Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas

Thank You!

wilds PLATINUM said...
on Feb. 26 2015 at 8:00 am
wilds PLATINUM, Newfane, New York

Brave is not being fearless but being able to overcome those fears you have

well done. Can you read mine please and tell me if it needs work? TeenInk.com/poetry/all/article/770241/Is-it-really/