Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By Root_Runner BRONZE, Ellerslie, Other
Root_Runner BRONZE, Ellerslie, Other

"There is no humanity in industry." Unknown

Someday the Earth will fall and crack
And stumble right upon its back
With none of its two legs to stand
With no place soft for it to land

Its breath will be short, and its heart will beat slow
All the kingdoms will reap what they sew
No Hell nor Heaven, No God nor Demon
Will interfere with this mess humans made, now screaming

For the Earth is our Mother and our Father as well
Ignorance of this has made their own hell
All things are on purpose, no choices are made
As all burn the fruit, the forests, and the glade

One makes one faith, for plenty to follow
Leaving our spiritual instinct all empty and hollow
Laws and regulations, rules to obey
Many which are broken, many forever stay

All the petty moments that humans obsess and share
Are as small as dust, and as light as air
In the universe as we know it, no other life but ours
Our black-hearted earth turns forever
in it's cower

Not all hope is lost, not all lives must be spent
No need to rebel, no need to “repent”
Just to learn as nature does, with speed and precision
Ignorance is a choice, and true wisdom is your decision

This piece seems dark and depressing, as we slowly relate to the subjects explained. Then the ending gives you a glimmer of hope. I was inspired by all the things I thought needed a little detail. I hope the reader of this poem sees that beauty doesn't lie in restrictions or guidlines...but freedom. And that freedom can truly only be achieved when you look past the mundane, and indulge in open-mindedness.

on Dec. 20 2010 at 9:16 am
BeTwEenDrEaMiNGaNdCoMiNGTrUE PLATINUM, Howell, Michigan

“If I speak in the tongues of angels, but have not love, I'm only a resounding noise , If I have the gift of knowledge, And if my faith moves mountains high, But have not love I am nothing… Though I know the One, Who holds the stars in the heavens, In the palm of His hand, If I give all I possess , To the poor and the helpless, I'll still gain nothing, Without love… Love's patient, True love is always kind, Love does not envy, Never brags, it's never proud, Slow to wrath, it keeps no records of wrongs against friends, Love forgives… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-5,7)
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” John 15:18-19
"The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these the spirit blooms..." ~ George Santayana

I respect your view, and it is a very well written poem, here's something I just think you should consider.... The faith to believe in something bigger than you, and that perhaps the world and maybe even you were created instead of 'just happening' takes a lot of openmindedness to accept as a truth....  'Religion' is not designed to be condemning or ignorant, rather a release, and a safe haven...

kms777 GOLD said...
kms777 GOLD, Winn, Michigan

"learn from your mistakes but regret not a thing"

wow that was great i mean your inlightening people on a very important subject and the last line could be the most remarkable quote. i hope you'll read mine and tell me what i need to work on to write like u!!!

on Dec. 9 2009 at 8:35 am
hurting_real_bad SILVER, Conneaut, Ohio

“Yes I love him. I love him more than anything else in this world and there is nothing that I would like better than to hold on to him forever. But I know it's not for the best. So no matter how much my heart is going to break, I've got to let him go so he can know just how much I love him. Maybe if I'm lucky, he'll come back, but if not, I can make it through this.”

In all honesty this is the most amazing poem I think I've ever read. This gave me chills i felt its impact! Keep it up ur amazing!!!!

on May. 4 2009 at 12:39 am
MisunderstoodBeauty BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
really uplifting poem

on Apr. 2 2009 at 6:36 am
xXxFallingTearsxXx GOLD, Cottonwood, Idaho
Wow. i loved this poem. it was beautiful. keep up the excellent work!

Jess/poet said...
Jess/poet, Montreal, Other
Feels like u put a lot of effort into it...

Keep it up!!!!!

TayMar GOLD said...
TayMar GOLD, Copley, Ohio
Awesome job!!

ri0t said...
on Jan. 11 2009 at 7:26 am
nice

on Jan. 11 2009 at 2:02 am
I think this is a very nice piece, it inspired me to introduce my unborn child to the arts. Wonderful Job!! Keep up the good work!!