Found Poem | Teen Ink

Found Poem

By summerlovin2011 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
summerlovin2011 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- Audrey Hepburn

December cool breath, fire raw blue metal, paper’s white faces of silver light and their silenced sun whispered of a girl holding a car seat waving for days never to listen, absent of happy, murmuring from where leaves hear everything, yet you are the single heat that fuse light, air, pump blood into a girl’s heart, she waited waving to the sky to die.

this was a piece of work I submitted to my English teacher as an assignment. I went through many books and wrote down each source I took words from and put them into the style of a Found Poem.

EmmettHerculeLaFave SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." -Thomas Paine

Very avant garde, and its totally pulled off, which is hard to do. This one hits the heart and mind deep and to a subconscious level, which is the goal of avant garde pieces. Very well done.

SweetSandyFlower GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Not everyone has to go to college because ..hello!.. PIZZAS DONT DELIVER THEMSELVES!!!!

Wonderful use of words, very creative.

AgentOrange789 GOLD, Friendswood, Texas

"It's a saying they have, that a man has a false heart in his mouth for the world to see, another in his breast to show to his special friends and his family, and the real one, the true one, the secret one, which is never known to anyone except to himself alone, hidden only God knows where."
-James Clavell, "Shogun"

whooooooooooaaaa...that's the one word I can think of to describe this. haha awesome. :D