Wishing For You My Enigma | Teen Ink

Wishing For You My Enigma

By BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado

"You'll find the right guy someday. One day he'll come along, sweep you off your feet and you'll be fine." -Noah D.

You can't be serious... When, where, how, and most of all WHY??? Stupid child's dreams... You've lead me into another trap, one that seems believable, real, and destined to happen. I found a note last night----it has your name on it, with a question I never asked, never had the courage to. I want to talk to you, but our lives never seem to stop for a breath of memories-like we used to do together... How did I manage to come to this? My mind blanks, my dreams shift from their course I set them... to you. You're all but a hundred feet from me, but yet, I still can't bring myself to pick up the phone, make the call; write the letter, give it over; find the words, make the eye contact, and tell you. Somewhere along this twisted road called life I tripped, and fell---did I mention I fell hard? I've told myself time and again I'm over you... but sitting here listening to music I know it's not true. These songs bring up the dreams that you made possible. They bring up memories, of fights, of games, of moments that I'm able to cherish when you don't know I do . Your voice rings in my head and tells me stories, and memories... most of all your face comes into picture and your lips move to where I can feel the breath of your whisper, like we used to do in the morning when others were around and we didn't want them to hear--- they move and say,"Never forget, always remember." You torture me... it's a bittersweet feeling because you're teaching me that I need to stay alive and maybe that dream of you and me will come true... I have doubt, but I also know that there is hope. Smiling until you see that you're the reason I am all I try to be.

-Gorilla-Back

He's so indifferent at some points, and others... it's like he thought I was a treaure; but now, we're total strangers...