Puppet | Teen Ink

Puppet

By xXxLovelyEurixXx GOLD, Brandon, Florida
xXxLovelyEurixXx GOLD, Brandon, Florida

“I hope she’ll be a fool—that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” ~ Daisy Buchanan - The Great Gatsby

I am your puppet.
I must do as you say.
You pull my strings and I must obey.
I am your china doll.
You turn the key and I dance to the music.
For all to see.
I am your pawn.
In your big chess game.
You take the credit
I take the blame.
I am your play thing,
Until you get bored.
Then what will all of my pain have been for?
I wish I could escape you.
But the rope is tightly wound.
I am lost inside myself.
Will I ever be found?
I hide in the light.
Yet no one sees me.
You hold me captive,
I will NEVER be free.

Sauronauk BRONZE, Brandon, Florida

"Real friends stab you in the front." -Jonathan Davis

Rooms full of deranged and demented patients lined the halls of the mental institution. Cires of pain and hopelessness filled my ears as I was guided down the white walkway. It was that time again. Experimentation time.
  I was pushed into a room at the far end of the hall. I looked around. A table covered in torturous devices and needles was shoved into the corner, and a chair sat in the middle of the floor. Helplessly, I began to weep with fear. I started to struggle inside of my straightjacket, trying to free myself.
  The dorr opened and a doctor came in, along with two of the largest gaurds I had ever seen. The men grappled me and threw me into the chair, then restrained me with straps connected to the seat. I shrieked for mercy all the while, but my sounds of terror were ignored and disregarded.
  As the doctor put on his latex gloves and medical mask, he whistled "I'm A Little Tea Cup" out loud. Horror flushed through my body as he turned to face me. He stared at me, unblinking through thick, round glasses.
  "So! What shall we begin with today?" the doctor asked rhetorically and with a hint of excitement. I kept begging them to let me go, to no avail. He picked up a needle full of a clear liquid and squirted a small amount into the air.
  One of the gaurds walked over to me and wrapped a large rubber band around my bicep, then tapped my vein and ambled back to his position near the door. The doctor came over and placed the needle on my skin. "To keep you awake" he said with a smile, then proceeded to pierce through my vein and inject the fluid.
  My eyes shot open. Adrenaline rushed through me.

on May. 13 2010 at 10:09 am
RoughStuff GOLD, Tampa, Florida

"Death comes to us all; we can only choose how to face it when it comes." -Robert Jordan

Awwwee, i like that one.. Definitly sounds like something you would write.

on May. 12 2010 at 11:52 am
.Escape.From.This.Afterlife. GOLD, Short Hills, New Jersey

"bad blood is more satisfying to spill across the floor..."

Wow...that was really amazing.  Nice work!