Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

By Trent4234 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Trent4234 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

From the city that started as Trent’s Town to the now Trenton, New Jersey.  Also from the Celtic word meaning Strongly Flooding.  From the town by the River Trent is also an origin.  Like the number 21.  A crystally dark ocean blue.  Maybe a dark green like the leaves of an evergreen.  Calm like the water.  Going with the flow like leaves in the wind.

There was no real reason that my parents chose my name.  Other than the fact that they liked it.  Although me and my two brothers all share a name with a city.  They say they didn’t name us after those cities.  It's just because they like the names.

The name my parents chose.  Maybe after the city of Trenton maybe not.  A bustling city full of life.  Lots of different cultures.  Since it has a lot of New York and Philadelphia influence.  A place where the people love baseball like I do.  Even a minor league game for the Trenton Thunder will have the stands packed.  The stands flowing like the ocean with people moving around in.  Chaos at some points.  And in others, it is then calm.

Trenton, NJ.  While full of life, it’s probably a place I wouldn’t go to.  I would prefer lots of space and more wilderness.  A place that is relaxing.  Yet fun.  Dark green leaves and pine needles.  A blanket of snow covers the ground as we go out into the wilderness.  Like The place that I go with my Papa to Hunt. 

My Papa. A person that I wish to be and wish I resembled more.  My Papa is so reasonable and kind.  He is someone I strive to be like, but won’t.  He’s great at a lot of things.  Talking with people.  He can keep a conversation going for hours if he wants to.  He is the biggest outdoorsman I know.  He’s in his 70s but, he’d be hunting, fishing, and hanging out with his family all day if he could.  He’d also be watching sports all day.  Just like me if I had the opportunity.

I would not change my name if I had the opportunity.  My name suits me and it would be really confusing to me if I were to change it because I’m so used to my name.  Trenton just rolls off of the tongue quite nicely.