Byssus Torta | Teen Ink

Byssus Torta

February 14, 2019
By Kaylaguzman329 BRONZE, Canutillo, Texas
Kaylaguzman329 BRONZE, Canutillo, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is impossible the word itself says IM-POSSIBLE"


In an underground world far away was a man turning 17. He is a fairly rich and handsome person.

He went around town knocking the socks off people, no one knew the reason.

Torta did not believe in the gods therefore he thought he could get away with anything.

Little did he know that he was wrong oh so wrong, the birds wasted him from behind their wing.

The black birds went to the gods and told them what Byssus had been thinking.

With anger in their mind they sent their bravest mortal fighter, she was his undoing.

She knew that torta’s biggest fear was being locked up somewhere people could see him.

Her mind was spinning thinking of a solution; it had to be somewhere dim.

“A movie theater!”  She thought aloud, “I need a blank screen”, she had an idea.

The girl sent a note for him to go to the movies, pretending to be torta’s friend Ikea.

Byssus got the note and hopped with joy, could this be the day he stopped scaring?

He got dressed up and left to the theater, where the fighter was waiting.

Torta got a bad feeling and went back for two knifes just in case.

The girl used a recording of Ikea’s voice and led him to a place just of his taste.

He followed and sat down in a seat right smack in the middle of the theater.

“Oh wonderful day, wonderful day” he said, “Would I finally get my chance with her.”

The girl went behind him and wrapped a cloth around his head.

He ran to the end of the room and used his knifes to free his trapped head.

He chased the girl round and round, until she sat in a dirty corner.

He paused and knew she was trying to trick him and cut two lines.

One on each side of her head, she yelled and tried to fix it with some ties.

After she finished she went after him and led him to her trap!

A blank screen was waiting to trap him, there was a string waiting for the smallest tap.

Just as she planned he tripped on the wire, and the screen fell on top of him.

Trapping him in its arms, the screen was a little too big for him so she made a little trim.

He yelled and yelled for her to let him out or he would kill her in horrible ways.

He threated to tie her down and let an axe slowly cut at her body, a way he plays.

She did not pay attention to him for he was only a teen.

She finished cutting around his body, making sure not to rip the screen.

She tied the screen to the wall of the theater so people could watch him be frightening.

Oh what fun she had putting him away, but how sad that her ears are now dangling.

The gods felt bad for her ears and gave all humans the same shaped ears.

Byssus torta was left to live on the screen forever, sealed away in tears.

The girl a mistake she tore an edge open and didn’t see it! Could Byssus torta escape!


The author's comments:

It is somewhat of a myth.