A Very Important Lesson | Teen Ink

A Very Important Lesson

June 7, 2016
By tiger101 BRONZE, Tirana, Other
tiger101 BRONZE, Tirana, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was very young I wanted to become a great soccer player in the future. To get good I went to soccer practice. At soccer practice, there were many soccer players who wanted to become like me so I needed to work very hard to be better than them. For the first two weeks, I didn’t start with hard practice right away because my trainer told me that it would be bad for my muscles. After two weeks, I started training very hard because I wanted to be the best. I did this practice everyday and it made me a very good soccer player. One month later, my coach told us that we had a match and that I was going to be in the first lineup of the team. I couldn’t believe it and I was so excited that I was going to play.


The game seemed very easy to me and it ended up 4 to 0 for my team. I scored 3 goals and my best friend in the team scored one. This happened in all of the matches that I had, my team always won and I scored a lot of goals.
On Friday my team had the final match and if we won we would win the tournament.I was so excited about it and I couldn’t wait until Friday came. I practiced every single day very hard for that match and I was pretty sure that we were going to win.


Friday came and our game was starting to get close. For one hour the game was going to start and I have to say that the other team was also really good, but not as good as us. The game started and the other team sure wasn’t like the other ones because they were much better. Their defense was kind of unbreakable and we needed a quick plan on how to pass through their defense. The first half of the game ended and we went to our benches. My coach came up with an idea on how to pass through their defense and he was explaining it to us. When the second half started, we knew what to do and as soon as we could we were going to score our first goal. We used the tactic that my coach told uss. My friend and I were towarding the goal and the tactic was that the guy who was in defence was going to cross the ball towards my friend then he was going to cross the ball again to me so I could head the ball. This is what we did and it wasn’t that easy as it seemed, but when I scored it gave me and my team such a special feeling because we scored in the final match so it was a pretty special goal. I was so happy that I scored and in the same time I couldn’t believe it. The other team got very angry at us and especially in me because I was the one who scored the goal. The game started again and as soon as I got the ball, three defenders from the other team tackled me. I screamed a lot because my leg was hurting like never before. It never hurt that bad in my life since I was at a very young age, but this was worse. When I was very young I almost broke my  leg and it hurted a lot. Now because this was hurting more than when I was young I started thinking that I broke my leg. Everyone gathered around me and helped me get immediately to the ambulance. I kept screaming and the pain wouldn’t go away. Then they immediately sent me to the hospital because they knew I had something serious.


In the hospital the doctors told to my parents that I had broken my leg. My parents told me this and I couldn’t believe and bare with it because I wouldn’t be able to play soccer anymore. I started crying and I didn’t want anyone to talk to me because in the same time I was also angry. The next day my teammates came to visit me at the hospital and they told me that they didn’t win the final. They told me that if I wouldn’t got hurt we would have won. My coach came too and he felt very sorry.


After weeks and weeks past, I started thinking that I wouldn’t be able to play soccer anymore and I just wasn’t liking soccer anymore. My foot got much better and I got my cast off. I could play soccer, but I didn’t want to anymore because of what happened. One day my coach came to see me, and he told me why I wasn’t going anymore to practice. I explained to him that I wasn’t liking soccer anymore and my passion for it was gone because of the match when I broke my leg.


“ You can’t just give up because of a game, you need to try again and again until you achieve what you want” my coach said. Then I was starting to think and what he said was right.


The other day I went to practice again and I started liking soccer again.