Run Faster | Teen Ink

Run Faster

April 13, 2011
By Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota
Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?


Running away from fear doesn't solve anything. It solves nothing. Instead it creates more fears for the future. Problems that can't be solved in a coffee shop, an office, or the bathroom. Problems that can be solved one way and one way only, face to face. Even then, the chances of it being solved is iffy. When you run away from a fear, you can keep running and not stop. You can keep running; with each step you make, you make yourself more of a coward. Running, running, running away from the problem which turns itself into your worst nightmare. Running and never stopping, your fear grows. You can feel it catching up to you. You don't know how to stop, your eyes are fixed straight ahead of you. You can see a dark corner, a dead end. The fear of the problem grows, you're panic stricken. You can't stop. You don't know how to stop. The idea of stopping is exasperating in itself. You crash into the wall, and turn around. You are going to face your fears no matter what. What will you do?


The author's comments:
" Inspiration is an excuse for lazy authors" - James Hilton