Who's right? Is anyone? | Teen Ink

Who's right? Is anyone?

By Inkmusic GOLD, Renton, Washington
Inkmusic GOLD, Renton, Washington

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
~Terry Pratchett

I don't really have a problem with religion. I don't have one myself, but I am totally fine with having one. I think that what's wrong with Christians is that they don't respect other people's faith and beliefs. They say that theirs is the only true religion, the only one that's right, and all the other religions are wrong. Trouble is, all the other religions say the same thing. So who's right? I'm not going to be the one to find out. I think that when we die, we go depending on where we want to, depending on our religion. If we're a Christian, and we were bad, we go to hell, of course, but it's wrong to think that if you're not a certain religion, you're going to burn in their hell. I'm more of a person who believes in the Earth, and being good to it. After all, it's pretty much all we got. Maybe in the future we'll be able to go to other planets, but that's not really the point of this article, is it? Remember, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just saying that I think religions should be more tolerant of each other.
Like Muslims and Christians. Their religions are very similar, and all their holy places are in....one spot. So why do they always argue if they're so much alike? Not that i'm saying they're the same--I know there are a lot of differences as well as similarites, but I'm no expert.
I hope that you've enjoyed this article or it's made you think. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

"We've been studying religion in Social Studies and it really made me think about how strange some religions are."

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

"If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."- a Bumper Sticker
"If Obama was the answer, it was a stupid question." - Another Bumper sticker

One reason Muslims and Christians argue is because the Muslim religion says that anyone not a Muslim is an infidel, therefore a second class citizen, someone who, to some Muslims, is perfectly okay to kill. Christians are taught to spread the word of God, but to be accepting. That doesn't mean accept anything they do and say Yeah, you're going to Heaven, but to accept not everyone will believe in God.

on Jun. 21 2010 at 10:50 am
ThePhantom BRONZE, Brooklyn, Ohio

I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes religions can get to involved in quarrels and lose sight of the bigger picture. But the simple truth is that every person is a sinner(self evident) and in order to be redeemed needs a savior. When examining the evidence one can observe that the only “person” who has paid the price is Jesus Christ. I sometimes wish there was another way but he is the only way and it is a free gift so I don't have much to complain about. I hope that someday you can look at the evidence and see that he is the only redeemer.