Maybe Just a Fairytale | Teen Ink

Maybe Just a Fairytale

By tabithajean GOLD, Post Falls, Idaho
tabithajean GOLD, Post Falls, Idaho

Put it on paper!

I stood deathly still beside the car in the church parking lot. Driver's side. The headlights glared at the figure in front of the door of the building. He seemed normal. He called us to him, explaining we'll be safe inside. My friend headed in his direction. I couldn't tell who it was, but I felt a strong bond with them as if I would die if anything happened to them. I knew it was a male. When he stood before the tall figure, its head began twisting. Slowly unwinding like a skrew. I couldn't take my eyes away from the sight. Once the beings neck was a 12 foot tall machine, he grabbed my friend. I made a peircing scream that made my blood boil. In the blink of an eye, I was staring at a bunch of dead monsters ripping open my helpless pal's mouth. Blood pouring, then I'm in my bed. Sweating and crying, it was just a dream. I heard my mom getting ready for work.
4:30A.M.
"Lock the doors when you leave please," I asked.
"Ok!" she replied.
I heard the back door shut. Too scared to fall asleep, I walked my blanket to the living room to lie down on the couch. I looke toward my front door, unlocked. I ran to it and twisted the lock. Then i searched the back door, unlocked as well. This really irritated me, I wanted to scream and yell at my mother. She might as well have fed me to the zombies. I swore to myself that my appetite for horror mocies happened to now be full. Never will I watch another scary movie again. Turns out my hunger for adrenaline is stong, because I walked to the computer and watched Dawn of the Dead online.
When I hopped into my cousin car I started thinking. I've had a similar dream before. A few weeks priviously. There were dead creatures chasing me in the gym of the church. With an unknown friend at my side. Maybe this is a sign that the church is a fake. Maybe it really is just a fairytale that people take way too seriously. I mean, all my nightmares take place at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I've been having a lot of nightmares that take place at my church and it finally got to me.