A place you turn too | Teen Ink

A place you turn too

By kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

Heaven, Hell the space in-between. Where do you think you will go when that inevitable day comes? Do you think you will be one of the lucky ones to be blessed with an after life in the amazing place of heaven or do you fear the eternity of pain and torment in hell? Or do you not believe in any, nothingness after your final breath, asleep with no dreams or no waking calls?
Every human fears death, maybe consciously or maybe not but its they’re driven into your brain its part of your human survival guide. The more you fear death the harder you try to live. But do humans more fear death its self, the way you end up there for example dying of cancer, a car accident, murder or even suicide. Or do you fear the after part the part that no one can tell you about, no one can describe?
For me it is the fear of after, my faith and my beliefs tell me that there is a heaven and a hell that the right people will go to the right place. God will not let the wrong people go to the wrong place. But my peers and popular culture tells me that there is no after life there is just a spot in the ground. A place for your body to lie in as you decay slowly being forgotten.
So which to believe which idea to fallow should I worry about my every action trying to get into heaven, praying about my sins and trying to right myself in the way of the lord so that I don’t spend my eternal life forever living out a punishment in hell. Or do I choose to do as I please living my life as I feel fit no care no worry until that last day that last breath when I realize how dumb I’ve been how scared I am of nothingness after this life.

I wrote this for english but I think it expresses me more then I ever thought it would.

kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

I like how much you are dedicated and I can see totally where your coming from, I can see all the proof and I know it might be true, I just sorta want there to be a heaven and a hell

kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

I like that idea, I mean I want there to be a heaven and a hell but I can see the proof behind there not being one

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

"Writing a novel is not merely going on a shopping expedition across the border to an unreal land: it is hours and years spent in the factories, the streets, the cathedrals of the imagination."

No, I am a Christadelphian. :) I'm sorry, I have been trying to continue what I was saying but my internet has been acting up and it hasn't been working! :( Maybe it's too long . . . but I will try to continue ASAP!

on Jan. 5 2010 at 12:23 am
SophiaOffing SILVER, Gret, Michigan

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
~Audrey Hepburn

How do you know all of that? Are you a JW?

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

That's great! (that you beleive in the Bible) Let me start off be saying that your friends were right when they told you that there is no heaven or hell . God made us from the dust of the earth, and thats all we are.
Ecclesiastes 3:20 says,
"All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return."
But that doen't mean that we just give up on trying to do what's right . . . there is a sure and true way to get eternal life!

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

That's great! (that you beleive in the Bible) Well, let me start off by saying that your friends were right when they told you that there is no heaven or hell . God made us from the dust of the earth, and that's all we are. Ecclesiastes 3:20 says,
"All go to ONE place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust."
But that doesn't mean that we just give up on trying to do what's right. There IS a sure and true way to get eternal life!

kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

yes I do believe that the bible is true maybe not exactly true but the basics of it yes.

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

Do beleive that the Bible is true? I'm just curious, because I have some facts that might interest you! :)