That's Unfortunate | Teen Ink

That's Unfortunate

By peaces92 SILVER, Hampton, Virginia
peaces92 SILVER, Hampton, Virginia

“The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Life is truly a journey. I have been through soo much already at the age of 17...and the sad part is that at the age of 17, my journey is nowhere close to it's ending. To me, I have seen the ups, downs, and even the "in-betweens." Yet, my parents continue to say "you haven't seen anything yet...just wait until you get older." How much worse could life possibly get??? In the past years of my life I have felt the worse about mself. I let the thoughts, words, and opions of others concerning me determine the way I felt about myself. People and this society made me believe that I was fat, ugly, weird, undesirable, lonely, lame, and a bad friend. Now while I had my moments of believing that I was none of these things, Most of the time I believed that I was all of these. I wanted to stay strong and not show emotion because I felt like people would take insecurities as weaknesses. And that is exatcly what they were - weaknesses. My insecurities stopped me from being myself and doing many of the things I desired to do. What do I do when the love of God, my family, and friends just isn't good enough??? What do I do when all the encouraging words in the world can't uplift me?? Sounds like I need to be in the kneeling position. Prayer truly does work, but what people don't realize is that you also have to have faith. And another thing... everything doesn't happen soo quickly. And don't try to blame God for everything..questioning if he's really there and if he cares and hears your prayer. God is not the only one that has to be working. If you want something accomplished, you have to work towards it too.

my life inspired me to write this piece. simple.

Lucy-Agnes PLATINUM, Clarksville, Ohio

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Justice Antonin Scalia

You're right - with God and our cooperation, all things are possible, even getting through the hardest of times. Stay strong and hope, and never forget how precious you are to God! He has carved you in the palm of His hand and spilled all His blood for you. I'm praying for you. :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazing. I hope you know you have a talent and greatness in you; because you do. I know life can sometimes suck and be hard, and we sometimes wonder how worse life can get; but like you said in your article: we need faith too, and it's not only God who has to work too; it's us too, who need to work too. You are a very talented and wonderful person and writer; don't forget that. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^ It is powerful and just amazing.