A Coloradians POV | Teen Ink

A Coloradians POV

By FlyleafFreak DIAMOND, Loveland, Colorado
FlyleafFreak DIAMOND, Loveland, Colorado

"I have faith in fools;self confidence my friends call it"~Edger Allan Poe
"In this world of infinite insanity, your friends are the best psychiatrists you will ever have."~Me

If you've ver lived in Colorado, you'd know is was sensible to not trust the weather man. Try as they might, they could never pin point our weather. A friend of mine once said, looking up at the sky," Only a Coloradian can wake up when it's 98 degrees and wonder if it's going to snow today." The weather ever changing, we have to make the best of what we got. If you have a tripped planned to the beach and it starts to rain, it changes to a day at home or out eating. Just like life, you have to roll with the punches. Talk a couple left hooks here and there. If you fall, just stand back up. You have to be able to take what life is throwing at you. It's not about how you fall, it's about the way you pick yourself back up. Brace yourself for the fiercest wind, the hardest snow, the sharpest rain, and the most scorching sun because life only gets harder. You have to grow form your experiences, and take whatever live gives you. Trying to go backwards or yelling at the weather doesn't help. Believe, all Coloraidans have tried. Be optimistic. That doesn't mean you have to walk around walk around glass eyed, pretending there's nothing wrong when disaster strikes. Pray to God he'll pull you through the darkest weather. If you ever looked back and only saw one set of foot prints, that's where he carried you. So, from a Coloradians point of view, take the weather, it's always changing, even when you're expecting it, you really aren't.

This is inspired by my religion and where I live. Go Colorado!

Genya GOLD said...
Genya GOLD, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."-Unknown Author

Either you can take the chances and deal with the weather, or you can migrate.

HannahHop said...
HannahHop, Fort Thomas, Kentucky

Hey, I was from Colorado and I totally understand what you are talking about when it comes to weather.

I liked the way you tied your faith into the setting where you live.  The piece was short, simple, touching, and sweet.

Good job!<3

on May. 2 2011 at 11:18 am
nataly123 BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
this is a nice way of seeing things, good lesson to learn

LunaLives GOLD said...
on Nov. 27 2010 at 9:23 am
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

Nice way to view things.

Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

Never trust a weather man. It's the only carreer that you can always be wrong and still have a job.

1COR13 PLATINUM, Anchor Point, Alaska

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimmi Hendrix

I like it. Especially the last four lines. Trust in God and he will always pull you through. Psalms 139: 10-LOOK IT UP IF YOU PLEASE

YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado

"Laugh, it keeps the world from falling apart"

Yeah...DO NOT TRUST THE WEATHER MAN!