Does water baptism saves ? | Teen Ink

Does water baptism saves ?

Does Water Baptism Saves ?

What is Water Baptism ?

It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to the believer's faith in the final resurrection of the dead.

now that is said let's get deeper does it required for salvation ?

Baptism isn't an act that gets us into heaven - it is faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord that offers that assurance.  Baptism is an act of obedience that should be an immediate part of our acceptance of the gift of grace offered by Jesus Christ. But it does not mean that one who truly gives their heart to Jesus on a death bed, in the heat of warfare, or in a crashing airplane, will be kept out of heaven because they failed to be baptized. let's take an example should we , look at the thief on the cross  next to jesus he said remember me lord  did he have the time to go baptize No he didn't. for those have an objection let's  take a look in the bible , look at luke 23 : 29- 43  

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

True faith in Jesus Christ and His work on the cross for our sins is sufficient for salvation . Christ has already done everything. By definition, His grace doesn't require any additional "works" by us. That being said, Jesus Christ commands us to be baptized (Matthew 28:18-20), and therefore, all believers should be baptized. Immediately following Christ's command, the Book of Acts describes the practice of administering baptism to almost every group or individual who believed in the preaching of the Gospel by the apostles (Acts 2:37-41; 8:5-13; 8:35-39; 9:10-18; 10:34-48; 16:13-15; 16:30-33; 18:8; and 19:1-6).

water baptism -  What does it symbolize?

According to the Bible, the symbolism of baptism declares that three things happen to believers who are baptized: (1) they die with Christ to their old self; (2) they rise with Christ to become a new creature; and (3) they are incorporated in their new life with a living community which looks for the coming of the Lord (Romans 6:1-11). Contrary to what some denominations teach, it seems obvious that a Christian's baptism must necessarily require a responsible decision to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and therefore, must be delayed until an age of reason or discretion (knowing right from wrong within God's perspective). 

In short, Jesus Christ commands baptism for His followers. Although the act of baptism does not cause eternal salvation, it seems that any believer who refuses baptism should truly examine his or her conversion. 

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age'" (Matthew 28:18-20).

Now lets talk about how one's get save

A person can get save by believing in jesus believe that he die for our sins  believe he was rose again on the third day  lets get in the bible now

Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

what does it mean when it said whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved.

It means once you call upon his name he will save you

Ephesians 2:8-10 -

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

it means that we don't have to work to get save but as it said in his words that it is  the gift of God 

1 Corinthians 15 : 1-4 

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

this is how you get saved by believing that he died for us , you must admit that you are a sinner for no man is perfect that every man born with sin 

by ending things off lets say a prayer trust that you  will get saved 

Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and that I deserve hell for my sin. Please forgive me of my sin and I trust in Jesus alone as my only way to get to Heaven. Please come in my heart and save me and take me to Heaven someday when I die. Amen.”

i trust that my article will reach to thousand of people and that they will get saved and repent of their sins i'll be praying for you and  your family.

the reason why i wrote this article is because many people believe that water baptism saves which it doesn't so i decided to spread the truth of the way one's get saved 

about me I'm a 15 yrs old teen and i came from SVG i have two siblings and i like to write poems this was my first article i wrote for poeple to see and I trust that it would reach thousands of people in world