Why Is Playing on a Gaming PC Better Than a Console? | Teen Ink

Why Is Playing on a Gaming PC Better Than a Console?

March 2, 2018
By Tibben SILVER, Tirana, Other
Tibben SILVER, Tirana, Other
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When starting out in gaming, you can build a PC or buy a pre built PC from a electronics store. While buying a console, you are stuck with the parts that were preinstalled and you can’t change them and if you want to get a “upgrade”, you need to buy a brand new one, so with that let’s talk about why playing on a PC is better than a console.


One big difference between them is graphics, which are based on how powerful your gaming PC is. A lot of gaming PCs can easily outperform a console because they have better parts such as an i7 or i8 processor and a Geforce GTX 1080 graphics card. PC players can generate frames up to how much they want while console players can only go up to 60 frames, this gives an advantage to PC players because they have smoother gameplay and can enjoy the game much more. But if you want to have these powerful graphics and smooth gameplay you need to pay a price for it. Generally speaking, a gaming PC like that would cost you around $3,000 or $5,000.


Keep in mind, if you want to play online multiplayer you have to pay at least $60 per year on a console. Here you are spending money each year when you can save your money by buying a gaming PC where online multiplayer is free. When you are saving this amount of money each year, it is easier to upgrade your equipment.


When playing on PC the players have more variety of games, especially with the gaming platform called steam. This platform offers all games except the ones which are bought or created by other gaming platforms. Games on PC arrive earlier than console, take PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds it came out a  year early to PC. However, console players have game that are only exclusive to them especially PS4 they have games like Horizon Zero Dawn and UNcharted 4.


Playing FPS (First Person Shooter) games with a keyboard and mouse is way more comfortable than a controller. Keyboards and mice have this smooth touch with them, while a controller has this sluggish feeling when moving around. Also keyboards and mice have way more freedom in customizing your controls to fit your needs. With a controller you are practically stuck with the same controls. Nevertheless, some games are played much better with a controller such as Rocket League. The game is all about driving, which is a big plus for console players. Also it is not a problem for PC players because they can just use a controller to play.


For PC gamers freedom is not only just in controls they also have it in most games. Take Skyrim for instance, when you are done with the campaign (Storyline of a game) there is still much more to do if you download mods aka Game Modifications. Game Modifications can make a game look better, add more weapons, change icons, etc., with game modifications you can do anything you want. This is something console players lack, which makes certain game that only have a campaign to them get very boring early on. You finish the campaign and there is nothing to do anymore, of course there is still side mission and new game updates but when they are done they’re done.


All and all either you play on a PC or console it is almost the same but the only differences is sometimes just miner thing, plus let's be honest these miner issues are very little and won’t even be noticeable when playing a game. If you want to get rid of these issues and are willing to pay then I recommend you to buy a gaming PC. In my opinion playing on a PC is much better and if you are worried about money issues or something, the difference is not really that much.