Heroes | Teen Ink

Heroes

February 5, 2014
By arealist BRONZE, LITTLE RIVER, South Carolina
arealist BRONZE, LITTLE RIVER, South Carolina
2 articles 5 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.


Children grow up reading stories and watching movies that embrace the idea of a prince who goes on a quest to save the princess or a regular, insignificant person getting special powers. The idea of being stronger and having skills to exceed the normal human potential is fantasized and wanted by all children because of their silver-screen heroes and bedtime stories. When we grow up to find out that we are not just princesses in a story or we learn that there are no superpowers in spider bites, we pick new people as our heroes. Our new heroes are usually picked by our interest and what the media offers us to use as a role model. While these media stars are being admired for their high-rise lives there are people who exceed what is wanted by most people in society and make a real difference in the world, without being exposed to radiation to change their DNA.

Heroes are defined as men admired for their achievements and qualities. Creative and sharp minds are what have molded our world with advancements in technology, to broaden the possibilities of the world, not media stars. Without these creative and sharp minds we would probably be in a world without electricity and cars. A real life hero does not get paid millions of dollars a day for being famous, but they make lasting impressions on the world.

My definition of a hero is someone who doesn’t get caught up in society and helps to make a real difference in the world. If being a hero is defined my way, being a hero is a choice, instead of chance.


The author's comments:
This was my final English paper for my class and I was proud of it, so I put it on here. I hope this will present how society is changing from a teens point of view.