Txt Messaging; Wave of the Future? | Teen Ink

Txt Messaging; Wave of the Future?

June 23, 2009
By HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine
HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine
7 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Text messaging, or as most know it, texting, is no doubt the most popular way to communicate among American teenagers in our fast paced society. Communicating quicker and easier is one of the benefits of texting. When you text, letters become words such as, "R u going 2 the movies?"

I think that teens also prefer texting because it does not require starting a conversation up on the telephone and, no weird pauses or silences. Many adults however feel that texting is bad for kids and teens because it yields sitting around and doing nothing, but texting you can actually be more active than talking on the phone. For instance, say you and your friend are riding bikes, you can stop, text, and then resume riding bikes rather than have to hold the phone you your ear and try to talk and drive at the same time.

No doubt, texting does have its drawbacks. Texting while driving is more than likely more deadly than talking on the phone and driving at the same time. So we as teenagers, and America's future, must keep boundaries that keep us safe, yet allow us to communicate in a fun and active way. :)


The author's comments:
Me Llamo Brett