Focus on what you have | Teen Ink

Focus on what you have

June 7, 2022
By AmeenaBakhtZada2025 PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
AmeenaBakhtZada2025 PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
22 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Emma was not happy from her life. She had some issues in her life and all the time she would think about it, avoiding her life's blessings.

 

She worked in a school as a teacher. One day she and her colleagues were talking to each other as it was off of students and as per the ritual of them they were sharing about their families, problems, experience and others things which they felt like sharing.

 

One of her colleague Anna was talking about her previous school's experience that there principal spoke about her to another teacher that she would sack Anna if she was not compelled due to home economics. 

When Anna heard about it ,she got hurt so she left that school and joined this school. Then she told them about her family.Her mother was in bed for 2 years and she has been looking after her. One month later her father fell down and one of her leg was broken and the doctors said he is so weak if they gave him treatment and operate so he could die.On hearing that she refused for the treatment as she didn't want to lose her father and she started caring for her parents by then.

 

When colleagues heard that they got so upset so one of colleague advised her that get some things to her father for selling at home so that he could earn money and be prevent from overthinking too.Anna replied smilingly that when her father was perfectly well ,he would also not earn for the family.As She was the elder after her one sister so she and her mother would go to work outside and elder sister was looking after home and younger brother would work in a shop and earn 100 rupees in a day and in this way they lived. 

They got more upset for her then another colleague asked about her home either she has her own home or on rant they are living.She said they are living in a old and broken house of her paternal uncle, they have to pay their bills and are living terribly at there as it was so horrible to live and they asked many times to uncle to rebuilt ground floor for them as uncle was well off but he refused and said "I have already done whatever I could do ,now don't expect from me anymore".

 

After hearing all her problems Emma got lost thinking about her life as for few days she was being upset from her life and her problems.She came to know her problems were too little in comparison to Anna's problems and she was suffering alot from many years but still she was strong and looking confident and happy.

She felt ashame as there was not any serious issue in her life and she was being ungrateful.

 

In her life there was problem but not as big as Anna's had.she was upset from her job , as she was teaching and her students were so mischievous,all the time they abused and fought with each other, they didn't have good ethics and didn't focus on their study, Even she tried a lot but not being succeeded to teach them ethics , that was the thing which kept her upset and many times she thought to left her school but what if ,if she had to suffer from that problem again in others school and also she would think that she ran from her problems as she didn't have courage to face them,if she would do so.

And she rethought that when she goes home she takes rest since her home is comfortable , airy and well built.Her lunch is ready when she goes home, she just takes lunch and sleeps for many hours,In evening she goes to language center, when she comes home, dinner is ready.She is served dinner after dinner She uses mobile and sleeps.

When She had a look on her life ,It was not tough,She was not suffering from any serious issue.She was living a very nice life.

 

She was thinking when Anna is in school she has to suffer from such students' behavior and at home she also has to suffer as she has sick parents at home and also all other issues including financial issues.That thing is so terrible for her that all day she is suffering and doesn't find a single minute for rest.

After that Emma wished may all Anna's problems be solved and she gets a happy and peaceful life.

And she decided that she is not going to be upset any longer about her little little problems.She will focus on the things she has rather than what she doesn't have.

She will enjoy the beauty of her life,If God has given her peaceful life so she will feel this peace and try to keep it sustain.