Faking Celebrity Deaths?!?! | Teen Ink

Faking Celebrity Deaths?!?!

By HonestyUpheld BRONZE, Chico, California
HonestyUpheld BRONZE, Chico, California

"Adult world plans to understand
The midnight walks, funny signals to talk
'Let's fight the day, it's war' we'd say
Hold out your lone hand and rise up against!"
-Summertime Record, English ver. by Jubyphonic

1. This is not a diary, just random things I think about. I will not be whining about my day on this.

2. If I offend you, suck it up. My intent is not offend anyone, so don't take it personally. If you do, that's your issue.

3. Your hate comments will either be ignored or laughed at.

So I've been thinking lately...the thing wrong nowadays is that everyone is obsessed with death. Yeah, sound familiar, Skyrim geeks? But Jon Battle-Born had a point, only this time it's regarding the real world. Now, I'm no one to talk; I'm just as edgy and darkness-loving as the next emo homie, but it's starting to get out of hand. It's gone so far as creating articles of false deaths of famous people. But why? Maybe it's just for gags, or because that particular sick person wishes the star dead (okay, I'm being a bit hypocritical here as well; I despise Megan Fox and sometimes wish she would crawl in a crap-filled hole and die go away), but, I mean, c'mon! Creating them a fake death? You're just causing anxiety and concern for all their fans who might actually believe it.

I feel like we can do so much better than that. Really, guys, you have GOT to have better things on your hands. You may not have a life, but I do, and I don't want it plagued with any more negativity that I'm already breathing in by the gallon.

That's about it for all of my philosophies. Thank yours truly for the awkward abrupt ending. Good luck.

Yours truly,

HonestyUpheld 

Just a note on all these fake celebrity deaths ¯\_(?)_/¯