We’re Too Reliant On Social Media: A Satire | Teen Ink

We’re Too Reliant On Social Media: A Satire

By ambercnels BRONZE, Castle Rock, Colorado
ambercnels BRONZE, Castle Rock, Colorado

People may know social media as one of the greatest sources in the world, right? People may know that social media can help us communicate and interact with others, but if you look up, nobody's really talking. Nobody is really giving each other eye to eye communication which is becoming very sad. Everyone is buried into their phone as they HAVE to answer that Snapchat.  People are getting triggered on social media and becoming miserable as if they had a mental illness for 5 years. The only energy that passes through electronics is negativity. The only way to get positive energy is to get rid of all social media all together. Our addictions could be tamed and we would never be sad again. Without social media, we would probably have more sunshine and rainbows than we usually do. We would also have no antidepressants or any mental illnesses. Unfortunately, according to "Satirical Essay on Social Media.", “Today’s society is faced with the continually growing problem of electronics and social media.” This is important because this shows that we are on technology too much. We should just get rid of any sort of technology. Without technology, everyone in the world would be happy. If we get rid of all things that include the internet, we will have a much better working environment. Our society would be greater if we lost all those followers and likes. If we just get rid of all electronics and devices, we would all honestly live healthier. We should go back old school and actually talk to each other face to face. We should never communicate on a cellular device again. Positive energy comes from having no social media, and everyone deserves to be happy. Alright guys thanks for letting me show off my essay and make sure to give this a BIG thumbs up and follow my Instagram for more! GTG TTYL!