How to Find a Soul Mate | Teen Ink

How to Find a Soul Mate

January 2, 2016
By MindOfCC GOLD, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
MindOfCC GOLD, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
12 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


First, I would like to note that I am not an expert on the ways of men and/or women. I don't know what goes on in everyone's heads, and I can't read minds or know opinions. This is just my own opinion.

Now, on to the juicy stuff.

What is a soul mate, anyway? you might ask. Well, to put it simply, a soul mate is someone you have serious chemistry with. You go together like apple pie and vanilla ice cream. You are able to put up with each other for an entire lifetime. That is basically what a soul mate is, or how it should be.

Do soul mates never fight? A soul mate does not have to share every opinion with you. You two will disagree with each other on many, many things. That's just how humans work. However, you are able to resolve disagreements quickly and easily, and you still love each other tremendously even during an argument. Soul mates love each other because of the areas in which they differ, as well as the areas in which they are the same.

Who is a soul mate? A soul mate also does not have to be someone you just, to put it bluntly, sleep with. Soul mates are more than that. They will hold your hand during tough times, they will be your shoulder to cry on, they will trust you with every ounce of their being, and they will never leave you. It is a relationship that will never end, a bond that can never be broken.

Where do you find a soul mate? A soul mate is not someone one usually finds while browsing dating sites. Usually, this person is sitting right before you. You are the best of friends, you've almost never had an argument, you tell each other all your secrets, you are together all the time, and you trust each other completely.

If you are already in a relationship, how can you tell that this person is your soul mate? He/she will make an effort. This person will work hard for you, he or she will clear all of his or her time for you, he or she may act a little clingy, and he or she will go out of his or her way to make you feel loved and special. He or she will be the one person you stay up until three in the morning texting before you realize how early it is and fall asleep. You two feel comfortable around each other all the time. And, of course, you love each other.

Love, I think, is the strongest emotion. It overrides pain and hatred and anger, smothers all negativity with this feeling of comfort. This is the one quality soul mates have that best friends do not.

So next time you text bae, keep this information in mind: is he really worth it? Does she love me as strongly as I love her? Could this person be my soul mate?