Your Love | Teen Ink

Your Love

By ___averylynn_____ SILVER, Waterford, Michigan
___averylynn_____ SILVER, Waterford, Michigan

Look closely at the present you are constructing. It should look like the future you are dreaming. - Alice Walker.
What you wear is your billboard. So, what are you advertising?

There are lots of types of love. I think the purest one is the kind that takes your breath away. It’s unspoken, until someone says the inevitable and unavoidable. The words “I love you”. Sometimes it sneaks casually into conversations. Its just kind of a magnetic feeling you get in your stomach. It’s the effortless kind of love. The kind that doesn’t take a lot of preparation or planning. The kind that happens; the kind best friends have. It’s sometimes there from the beginning, hiding in all the layers of the relationship. Sometimes it’s hard to form words about the other person because you’ve never thought about it. It just happened. You just slowly and effortlessly fell into love with them. You can always tell love from crush by the way you look at each other. A crush’s eye attention span lasts a few questions, then you both blush and look away, flattered. Love is when you can just look into their eyes, and you feel like you are staring into their soul. It lasts forever, and never feels awkward. Its like your eyes are intertwined, and they are talking their own language. Love is equality and honesty. Love is real and passionate. Love is just being raw with someone, even when it’s hard. It’s being vulnerable and letting them see beneath your skin. It is letting someone see the corners, unlock the doors and reorganize the closets that get cluttered too often. It’s feeling beautiful, and wonderful, while being HUMAN. With feelings and thoughts. Not an object. Not some disposable thing that will change next week. Love physically hurts sometimes. It sometimes drains everything from your hurricane of thoughts. But it also trumps sadness. It trumps hurt. It patches holes that have been open wounds for a while. It fills your heart, and fixes the pain. Love is putting every part that people pick apart, back together. Love is looking at someone and feeling infinite. Feeling at peace with everything you are. It’s not looking at them in separate parts, but whole. It is accepting every flaw that they have, and seeing past it. It is not some materialistic thing. It is not liking the same things or looking good together. It is about dancing in the rain. It is learning to see past faults, and to help connect the pieces. It is someone to help put the puzzle together. It is about being different, and no matter who or what they are, they are yours. And you accept every single inch of them. It is lying on the carpet and laughing about nothing. It is just BEING. No words needed. It isn’t black or white, it’s shaded. Its something so beautiful it hurts. It is truthful and comforting. It is something everyone longs to have. It is something enviable. It is something real, and it is wonderful. It is love, and I’ve been lucky enough to experience it.

You would know who you are.

Longlegs GOLD said...
on Jul. 25 2014 at 9:32 am
Longlegs GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
Awesome! You wrote this very well.

on Jul. 21 2014 at 12:36 pm
lostidentity SILVER, Hulmeville, Pennsylvania

If i cannot use my words, I will use my lyrics.

this is absolutely amazing. it explains my boyfriend and i perfectly. thank you so much for allowing me to exprience this and find someone who can put how i feel into words. i love this, 5 stars my darling

on Jul. 20 2014 at 1:27 am

Thanks, it's about someone who is special to me. I just wrote what came to my mind.

on Jul. 20 2014 at 12:12 am
Authorintraining88 GOLD, Somewhere:p, Massachusetts

You are the universe experiencing itself

This is beautiful, you are truly talented.