Love | Teen Ink

Love

By Kyle Miller BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
Kyle Miller BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It's a feeling everyone has. But true love, now that is reserved for very few people. There's the people who think that they have felt it, and those who know it. The only difference is that the people who think they've felt it don't really know what it is. Everyone has their definition of what true love is, and people may think it's difficult to understand, and that's because it is. Everyone has said that they love someone, when they just mean it as friends. To 'love' someone, all it requires these days is liking someone in a friendship-type way. People say it every day to their friends, so it's not special anymore just to say 'I love you.' It is special, however, when you have found someone and fallen in love with them. If you're 'in love,' then there is a special feeling for another person on a romantic level. This feeling of being 'in love' is what true love is. Therefore, not many people have really felt what it's like to be 'in love.'

When you do find that person you can fall in love with, the person who's truly right for you, you'll know it. It's like you see them, and immediately nothing else in the world matters. Everything disappears, except for that person. Whenever you see them, you heart seems to skip a beat, then speed up. Your breathing gets faster, and you lose sense of what you were doing. You completely forget all the people and things around you, and can only think about that person. When they walk away, you stand there stunned for a few seconds, and don't know what had just happened. It's simple-you just fell in love.

Now, after seeing that person, you know that no other girl matters. You will have lost interest in other girls, because you've found the right girl for you already. You won't want to flirt for fun anymore. You will wait for that person, until you can talk to them. Until you can get to know what's in their life. It may take awhile, because they might already be in a relationship, but you got to have confidence in what can be, and hope that she sees that you're right for her. Once she does see that, it won't take long for her to start feeling the same way about you that you feel for her. This can take forever, but if you're sure she's the one who had made you feel like nothing else matters, then it's worth the wait. You will feel like you've waited forever, for something that was really worth it.

Once you do get her to realize this, then the sparks start. That's when you start talking and you figure out that she is so amazing, and that you and her have so many things that you can talk about. You can make stupid jokes and laugh about them, without worrying that they may mess something up. You can be your complete self around her. And she can do the same with you. You get butterflies in your stomach every time you hear her voice, and every time you think about her you smile. You always think about her, so you're always smiling. Every time you're around her, you feel complete happiness and every time you're away from her, you can't wait for that one time that you are together again. You live not in the past, but in the present, looking forward to the future you can have with her. She's the person you go to when something is wrong, and the first one to see you after you've succeeded in something. She's the thing that matters most in your life, and you would give anything up for her.

She knows you love her when you just randomly grab her hand, just to make other girls jealous that they don't have you and she does. You walk up behind her and grab her by the waist, then whisper into her ear and kiss her. When you send texts that just have a single word, and she smiles and knows exactly what you mean. When she falls asleep on your chest, and wakes up with you smiling, looking at her. When you go to the movies, and she puts her head on your shoulder, you instantly put your arm around her and hold her in tight. When she snuggles into you, you pull her head up and kiss her, and tell her you love her. When you call her, and just sit on the other end of the phone listening to her voice.

And when you look her in the eyes, arm in arm, kiss her softly, and tell her you love her, and that she's the one you want in your life. She will know that you're the person she can come to when she's crying, and you'll make everything better. When she does, tell her she's the most beautiful girl on the planet, and you're so lucky to have her. Listen to her talk, and agree with what she's saying. Never lie to her, and tell her every day you love her. Compliment her, but don't do it too much. When she's all you think about, let her know that. When someone upsets her, show them why that's not ok. Always protect her, and keep her safe.

Let her know you love her and she's right for you, and everything else will work itself out.

JusHereTho said...
on Apr. 22 2020 at 11:42 pm
JusHereTho, Cavespring, Georgia

You become the most dangerous when you learn to control your emotions. - Anonymous

why don't people do this?

on May. 23 2013 at 8:02 pm
Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

This is great! I love it. It's really well written.   Also, TeaCat, I'm 15 and have had 1 real crush.

on Mar. 8 2011 at 7:19 pm
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

You're soooooo lucky to have met someone you love! : ) I am  already 13 and I have only had TWO real crushes in my whole life.

It's very depressing.

on Feb. 23 2011 at 1:16 pm
anonymouse222, CC, Texas
I agree with her! this is amazing!

on Jan. 27 2011 at 5:40 pm
DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Sarah Michelle Gellar- [on the importance of reading] I love books. I\'m constantly afraid we\'re moving into this digital era where books are going to go away, and to me books are the basis to everything in life. Reading is how we function.

This is the most sweetest article I have ever read in this category :3 Well written and very meaningful, every boy friend should treat there girl friend that way, and I'm happy my boy friend does >.< :3