The Manner in Which a Heart Breaks | Teen Ink

The Manner in Which a Heart Breaks

By zero_123 PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada
zero_123 PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

courage is not the abasence of fear, but the judjement that there is someting more important
Knowlage is what you get when you dont get what you want
Brick walls arent there to keep you out, theyre there to prove how badly you want whats behind it

What exactly happens when a heart breaks?
As chance would have it, I have three theories.
The first, and this I have experianced most resently, is the sudden and utter implosin of the heart. No, not explosin,
Implosin.
Where so many pent up emoctions and feelings rip right out of your chest and you scream them all out. These words will always be glass shards in your throught in this case.
After the plathora of venting is over, you are left with

NOTHING
inside. And, if we take that into account, the heart tecnicaly didnt break,bringing us to the conclusion that whial this form of pain is amoung one of the worst, is is possibule to heal from it.
My second guesstimaction is a run off from my first. Seeing as type "a"
of heartbreak left us without a heart,what would happen if we didnt start with one? In this sanario, we wold have to make a long trip to Oz to aquire one. However, in this ending, Oz takes half his heart back and leaves us with a dented pice of washed up tissue, worn by everyone he has ever cast his spell upon. This burden will remain with us untill we make the desision that we are -not strong enough- but less weak and dont want it anymore. This choice is wonderful and a part of the healing process. However, this heart was not ours to begin with, and we are once again left without one, bringing us to the conclusion that a heart can not break this way. That realisaction led me to my third and final hypothisis on how a heart breaks. I have discovered that everyone is born with a heart, a sole, and a certin awareness about themselvs giveing the acute knowlage between right and wrong. That being said, I now know in what mannor a heart breaks. The heart dosent shatter in one fluid moction. No. The heart dosent break by takeing a hammer to it; it is much to strong to allow itself to be degraded to such a death. No. The heart breaks as tiny little specks are chipped away. With every unkind word and glance, the heart slowly hides itself away,leaveing unwanted flakes of its courps as its trail. The heart dwindles, it dosent break.

zero_123 PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

oh my goodness, thankyou so much! that means so much, and i will take a look at your work for sure!

zero_123 PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

thanks love, your too kind

Z99a99k BRONZE said...
Z99a99k BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

"don' tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
"sometimes people put up walls not to keep others out but to see who cares enough to break them down"
"everything is okay in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end"

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID GOOD WITH THIS ONE AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER 1!!!!!!!!! :))

on Nov. 26 2010 at 10:48 am
alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
That was eally really good. Awesome. Definatly the best, most thought out powerful thing I have read here in a WHILE!!!! I like theory there :) i love how you progressed your argument. well done. kodus.