Obsolete | Teen Ink

Obsolete

September 9, 2018
By Yayfluffy BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Yayfluffy BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Heart over height



Friends are the best people in the world right? You usually trust them with your secrets or personal life problems. They’re your go to person when things seem impossible. There’s this saying that goes “ friendships last forever.” Sorry to be the bear of bad news, but it’s all a lie.
I had a couple of friends in middle school. We’d always be together whether it was athletics, passing periods or lunch. Having knowing them for 2 years they felt like family at that point. Then, the end of 8th grade came running around the corner. I had gotten into CCA, while my other friends were going to be attending Stevens. Come last day of school we all got together and said we would keep in touch. This year, they packed their bags and left. Communication was lost between me and them. They started excluding me from the group and replaced me with other people. I’d check up on them once and a while to see how they were doing, but it was always one way. It hurt seeing them go on in life without me. I decided at that point that I needed to let the dead weight go and tell them I couldn’t be their friend anymore. They acted like they didn’t know, but I stayed calm and still was polite to them even though I was bottling up all my anger.
It’s infuriating, because I see it all the time with girls, even guys. Being the quiet person I am, I’m aware of my surroundings and I hear a lot of stuff. Many people act like they’re the real deal when they talk. Problem is, they can’t back it up.
Observing my environment and past experiences, I learned some things. For one, not all friends are gonna stick by your side. People are always gonna walk in and out of the door. This leads to another lesson about trust. Don’t always believe what people say. My past experiences made me stronger and more independent, which is one thing I’m proud of.