Our Environment Today | Teen Ink

Our Environment Today

February 20, 2012
By CalHernandez15 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
CalHernandez15 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Our environment is getting worse day by day, and we are suffering for other peoples and our mistakes. It’s getting harder and harder for our families to stay healthy with all the bad things we are around every day. We are affected by our environment, and more people are getting sicker and sicker. This could affect our families and our future one day.


We might not be able to see all of the bad things in our environment, but they are for sure there. “Although certain groups are most vulnerable, toxic substances in the environment affect very person, every day and are the responsibility of all of us.” (Environment). This supports my opinion about the cause because it is saying there are deadly substances in our environment that we are responsible for. We are getting sick and dying because of the bad things we as people are doing to our world. “These health problems killed around 15.000 more victims in the year that followed. Approximately 100.000 people still suffer from chronic diseases consequences to gas exposure, today.” (Environmental). This is also stating the things in our air are killing us. All of this dangerous toxic is causing people to get diseases and killing our people we love. If this keeps going on, our families will struggle to have families and this will cause our world and environment to be catastrophic in the future.

All of the bad things are preventable if you just take the time to think about it. “Most cleaners use a chemical called perchloroethylene” (PERC), which can pollute the air in your home. Use water instead. Most clothes labeled as “dry clean only” can be washed with water.” (Environment). There are many things our teens and families can do to help prevent diseases. We could hand wash our clothes, ride a bike to school or work instead of a car to prevent pollution and could hurt the environment. Teens need to do this because they are the worst about it. All they want to do is hurt the environment and don't second guess themselves. We need to change that so our home and economy make the world a better place.

There can be a solution to helping our environment. If we reach out to people who don't care about our environment, we could change their point of view of things. We could tell them how bad things are in our world and that could change what their prospective on things. What could you do to help our world? And how could we join together as one country to help our world and make it a better place for all of us to live?