Feelings of a Pakistani! | Teen Ink

Feelings of a Pakistani!

August 23, 2014
By ScarletIce4695 GOLD, Karachi, Other
ScarletIce4695 GOLD, Karachi, Other
13 articles 1 photo 57 comments

Life is a mixture of failure, disappointments, fear and what else, but one thing that we cannot deny is that despite all of this life is beautiful and filled with magic. We can say that not every experience of life is admirable or likeable, but we can say that we can learn from every good or bad experience of our life, and this is what the important part is: to learn from the mistakes of the past.

Failures and victories are a part of life, but i don't think that just because of some failures and hardships that appear in front of us towards the path that leads to our dreams, we should stop walking to the road that leads to success and our destiny. The country that i currently live in right now was built by sacrificing lots of lives, destroying lots and lots of families and i don't know what else. But my elders walked on the road to freedom and independence. They wanted a seperate nation in which to live freely. They wanted to be successful in the race of life and they wanted for their childrens not to suffer from the same hardships that they suffered from. They didn't want their childrens to be the slaves of hindus and probably the British.

I can't deny the fact that it was their control over the sub-continent when the british took over, nor could i deny that they could have stopped the british from taking over, because as the emperors they had the power to stop the british. But they didn't stop the british bacause possibly all they cared about was money and royalty. They didn't educate their people the way they should have. They didn't prepare their armies the way they should have. Instead all they did was built fancy buildings and mosques. I can't say that they didn't do any good work but i can't deny that they did do some pretty bad work and made some pretty lame decisions.

But the birth of Quaid-e-Azam changed all that. He worked for the sake of Muslims and granted them with independence, with sovereignty, with Pakistan. This country was built so that Muslims may live freely in a country of their own. But then wrong sort of people were elected as government, wrong sort of people who cared for money and just money, wrong sort of people who didn't learn from their past, from their history. Then corruption took over and then this country which was supposed to be a symbol of freedom, instead of moving forwards started moving backwards. I'm not saying that there is not talent in this country because there is talent, what there isn't is the recognition of that talent. People who call themselves Pakistanis are always going around criticising it, and blaming others for all the bad things, but i wonder that if they didn't do anything to stop the violence and bad things from spreading then what right do they have to blame others and criticise the country in which they are responsible for spreading the bad things?

Pakistan is supposed to be a democratic and a sovereign country but i dont think that it is anymore a sovereign or democratic country, and all because we didn't learn from our past. But i guess there is still time for someone to stand up and end all the violence and make my beloved country a symbol of freedom and success, Insha Allah!! Geniuses, stand up and make your country proud to have you as a part of it!!!