immigration | Teen Ink

immigration

By smileysdeadvalentine GOLD, San Bernardino, California
smileysdeadvalentine GOLD, San Bernardino, California

"you like audry hepburn,harry houdinni and croket you can't swim, you can't dance and you don't know karate face you'll never gonna make it" "i dont want to make it"

As we know, there is a big issue on immigration,there are people who oppose it but, they do not know the troubles immigrants face.
Being the daughter of an immigrant. I have seen the struggles there are with immigrants they come to the unitied states to work and provide a better future for their children and better living conditions it angers me to the core when people say immigrants are lazy, taking the jobs but they speak with out knowing. They forget that everyone in this country with exception of the native americans come from immigrants seeking the exact same thingthey have no right to judge and say things when they themselves come from immigrant ancestors.

i would like for people to see that we all come from immigrants one form or another.

Kyle Tierney BRONZE, Marcellus, New York
ya so come here legally and i have no problem. It is illegal immigrants that annoy me

lmmirzaeih said...
lmmirzaeih, Foster City, California
Asia, not Spain.

on Aug. 23 2010 at 5:56 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Even the Native Americans are immigrants. Most of them came from Spain. To say that we are a nation of immigrants is to say that all nations are nations of immigrants, thus no country has any soverignty.

What exactly is your point that this country was founded on immigrants? Do we have any soverignty, and are the borders simply metaphorical borders?

on Feb. 28 2010 at 1:34 am
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Actually I am an immigrant. ANd you are exactly right. The majority of us are very hard working people and you are also very right when you say we are a nation of immigrants. Yet, everyne seems to have forgotten that. This is a great article and I hope that more peple share your opinions. =)

on Dec. 2 2009 at 7:53 am
dtkane11 BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
I wouldn’t have a problem with immigrants if they immigrated to the right way. I don’t think that they should be allowed to stay if they ran across the border. As long as they did it by becoming a citizen I would have no problem at all.

NaTivE_BeAutiE GOLD, Ann Arbor, Michigan

~a woman looked at me and said, "You know, you really don't look Indian."So I smiled at her and responded: "Well you don't look stupid, but appearances can be awfully deceiving."~

couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you for supporting a people just trying to make a better life.

~Alena