2019 GATSVI Entrepreneurship Essay Contest Business Pitch | Teen Ink

2019 GATSVI Entrepreneurship Essay Contest Business Pitch

March 31, 2019
By TylerFanyo-Tabak BRONZE, Catonsville, Maryland
TylerFanyo-Tabak BRONZE, Catonsville, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." - Gerard Way


If I could be the CEO of any company, I would be the CEO of ExxonMobil, an American multinational oil and gas corporation. The way I would use innovation to disrupt the status quo is by creating a subscriber system for gas and distributing it to customers.

On average, in 2013, people spent 170 hours that year on filling gas. We can only expect this trend to continue.

As the CEO of ExxonMobil, we would create a system, where people can subscribe to our company for gas. Although not in use anymore, milkmen would bring milk to houses. My idea works somewhat the same way. So, a person would subscribe to my company, ExxonMobil, and this would be done online or at a local ExxonMobil center. They would specify their address, the size of the fuel tank and extra fuel tank, the type of car they have(year and model), and they would have to report how many miles they travel a day for work. Their car would be assigned a number code and would be given a chip to place in a specific location near the gas cap. They also would subscribe yearly and the price of subscription would be determined by how much gas they need to fill the fuel tank. They would also specify when they want the gas to be filled, for instance, when the fuel tank is ¼ full, ⅓ full, ½ full, etc. The gas would be distributed at around three in the morning according to your specific time zone.

How would the gas be distributed? A person would be driving a truck. They would pull up to a car and they would have a laptop or phone that would be distributed to them by ExxonMobil. It would tell the employee which car needs gas. Then, the system would tell the truck what type of gas the car needs. The truck would have four hoses that would rotate out from a reel. The gas types would be premium, mid-grade, regular, and diesel. These four hoses would be specific to these types of gases. The truck would also have a system that keeps the hoses locked within the truck, but it would unlock the type of gas the specific car needed. The employee would then bring the hose to the car and the car would sense when the hose is near the car. My Toyota RAV4 senses when the car keys are near the car. You cannot start my car without the key being very close to it. When the car senses the hose, the fuel cap will pop open while the car stays locked. The truck will know when the nozzle is attached to the car because when the nozzle attaches to the fuel cap, there will be a magnetic switch that sends a message back to the truck as a way of communication. If the truck can verify the code on the car through the chip, then it will pump gas. Once the car is full of gas, the hose would pull back on the reel. Also, if you want gas that night or anytime, you can go to our website and communicate this.

This idea could potentially save a colossal amount of time every year for commuters. Imagine waking up and knowing that you don’t have to worry about gas being in your car because it is already there. Imagine not having to stop for 10-12 minutes or so to fill up your fuel tank. With this idea, that would all be possible. ExxonMobil could save space, money, and make a profit quicker with this system. I would bring the idea of distributing gas to the customers as a way to disrupt the status quo, which would be getting gas from a gas pump. Instead of the customer coming to a distribution center, the gas would be distributed to them. This would potentially benefit 76.3% of the nation.


The author's comments:

Hi, my name is Tyler Fanyo-Tabak and I am a junior at Gilman School in Maryland. I want to grow up to be an entrepreneur and run my very own business.