Jaxon's House | Teen Ink

Jaxon's House

By Jamesonlaughlin, Indianapolis, Indiana
Jamesonlaughlin, Indianapolis, Indiana

Author's note:

This is just a creepy story this has not happened in real life.

Jaxon’s House 
On a cold Thursday nig loween and three kids were out pranking people past 9:30 after no one was out trick or treating. There was a house that was abandoned in the neighborhood Downhill Drive. The three kids Zade, Riley, and Jordan used to have a kid in their friend group named Jaxon. The abandoned house was Jaxon’s house until he moved to Wisconsin. So, Riley and Jordan dared Zade to go into the house which Zade was like that is easy. So, the kids were like 5 minutes away from that house, so they all hopped on their bikes and biked over to the house. On the way their they had to ride through the graveyard. Jaxon’s house was right behind the graveyard, so they had to cross.  
As they enter through the first gate, Zade says “I feel like something is watching us”. Then Riley says, “I just heard something, fast bike away guys”. As they bike away, they said hurry let's get their fast. After a minute of biking away from the graveyard. Jordan’s mom texts him and says there was a crime in the town where all the kids lived. The small town they lived in was called Robertsville, Indiana. After they were thirty yards away from Jaxon’s old house. Right as they pulled up on his driveway, then Riley and Jordan say “go Zade go in”. He was like why not. So, he walks up to the door and opens it.  
It is now 9:56 pm and Zade walks up on to Jaxon’s driveway. Then he takes a left to go down a flight of stairs. Those stairs lead to the basement door. Right as Zade got to the basement door he opened it and said, “Here we go”. The door was an old one, so it made a very squeaky noise as he opened it. He walked in and closed the door behind him so nothing else would come in and scare him. First his friends dared him to go to the attic. So, when Zade was making his way up to the attic he heard a very weird noise from all the way upstairs.  
As he walked up the basement stairs he goes to the middle floor and is still hearing the noise. Zade is very creeped out but he still walks to the middle floor stairs as he doesn't see his friends at the point where they are supposed to be. So, he thinks they ditched him but why would they leave him they are his best friends. Zade is super confused but Zade said to himself “why leave now if I'm already in”. So, he walked up the stairs to get to the attic. He opened the attic ladder. As Zade walked up the ladder to the attic he heard the door open. So, he sprinted into the attic and hid in the corner. He hears footsteps in the house. Suddenly the ladder falls from the attic. He is hiding in the corner as he sees 2 grown men come into the attic. 
He doesn't recognize the men that he saw. “I wonder what they are doing” Zade says. Zade felt a text come through to him from Riley and Jordan in a group chat and it says get out of there because there were two men that just came in the door. He also said the car he pulled onto the driveway was a white van. So, when the two men got on a phone call with someone Zade made his move. The two men left the ladder door open so Zade quietly stepped down the ladder. Right as he reaches the ground the two men look back and see him. Zade notices and he runs. As he is running, he checks his phone for text and sees none, so he texts the group chat and says meet up in the treehouse that they made behind Jaxon's house about 4 years before Jaxon moved. 
After Zade started to run he saw Riley and Jordan running to so that was a good thing. But he also saw the other people coming out of the house. So right as the three kids reached the tree house and they saw the people that were in the house get back in their car and driveaway. Zade wanted to go back in to see what was in the attic that those people were looking for. So, this time all the kids went in and didn’t leave anyone outside the house. Right as they got up to the front door, they opened it and walked in. 
When they opened the door, they heard the door make a loud squeaky noise. As they walked in the door, they hustled up the stairs to see the thing the two men were looking for. As they got up to the top of the stairs the opened the attic ladder and went up to the attic. As they got in the attic, they looked around to see interesting stuff that the two men were looking for. Riley went to the corner of the room and there was a box. It was a safe and there was a passcode. Riley thought of Jaxon’s favorite numbers. They were 16, 10, and 26. The first thing he tried was the code 10, 16, and 26 but that didn’t work. So, he tried 26,10, and 16. He tried it and it opened.  
The first thing he did was call over Zade and Jordan. They came over while Riley opened it. He found what was in there and said to himself “why is there a bunch of money here, why didn’t Jaxon’s family take this with them”?  They took it out and all counted it out before telling anyone that they found a bunch of money just sitting in a safe. When they finished counting, they all said how much money they had. Zade said 350, Riley said 210, and Jordan said 100. So, they added that up and all together and got $660. So, Zade got a call from his mom saying you need to come home now there is two men that escaped prison and apparently, they went to Jaxon’s house to steal some money. Zade said back we are at the house and I looked directly at the guys but they didn't see me. So Zade said guys leave the money and lets all head home.  
But as they went home, they passed the graveyard and heard a deep voice say you better run. As they biked away fast, they entered their neighborhood and all of the kids were shook about how many scary things happened in there journey to Jaxon’s house.