The Great Gatsby: Revenge of the Dead | Teen Ink

The Great Gatsby: Revenge of the Dead

By MarcoDina408, San Jose, California
MarcoDina408, San Jose, California

Author's note:

I was bored.

I didn't really know what to write and I rushed it. 

Nine years after Gatsby’s death, Tom and Daisy found a new home in San Jose, CA. They started a family and left everything back in New York. Daisy still thinks about all the happy moments she had with Gatsby but then she remembers that he lied to her since the beginning and wants to forget about him. Daisy has identical male twins named Noatak and the other is Zaheer. They are both eight year olds and currently are in third grade. Daisy doesn’t work and stays home taking care of her sons. Meanwhile, Tom is working at his own company of genetic engineering. Tom is still very rude and hits his wife but he Daisy still loves him because she is a fool.

December 1st, Tom and Daisy are decorating their enormous mansion. They have a huge Christmas tree outside in front, it has many lights colored, blue, red, and green. There is a lot of snow outside, everything is so white. The floor is very slippery and hard to walk, makes people fall easily.In front of the house there is a lot of snowmen and Santa Claus with his deers. There is a river behind their mansion. There is a huge waterfall too at the end of the river. The mansion is really high up on the hills, there is not that many people that live there. Their neighbors are never home because they are too busy traveling around the world.

December 2nd, Tom goes to work at 6:00 am and goes back home at 10:00 pm. He works Monday through Monday every week. Daisy makes coffee for Tom before he leaves to work. “Thanks, honey,” said Tom. Daisy stays home with her kids, they’re both 8 years od and are homeschooled by a teacher, Mrs Baker. She is very close friends with Daisy after Gatsby had died.

Zaheer is a very athletic kid, he runs very fast and doesn’t get tired easily. Noatak is also very fast and but gets tired faster. They play tag with their mom and Mrs Baker. Noatak is it.

“You can’t touch me,” screamed Daisy.

Noatak is breathing heavily, he is very tired but will not give up. He sprints very fast and touches Daisy on her back and starts to smile, “Tag, no tag backs,” said Noatak while laughing. “I’m not playing anymore, I will be cooking the food,” said Daisy.

Mrs. Baker goes to her house after playing tag. Noatak and Zaheer are still outside playing tag. Zaheer is running happily to the river so he could get away from Noatak. It is very dark and the only thing you could hear is the sound of the waterfall. It is also very cold but they don’t feel it          because they are running and their bodies are in heat. Zaheer runs through the trees where is very dark while Noatak is chasing him. “Ahhhhhh,” screams Zaheer. He sounded very scared like if he sees the devil.

“Are you ok?,” says it in a quiet voice nervously.

Noatak doesn’t hear anything so he runs back to the house looking for his mom. He opens the door really fast and leaves it open because he was in a rush. “Mom, I can’t find Zaheer,” Noatak says it very quick and nervously. “What, how?!?!” says Daisy. “We were playing tag and then he disappeared by the river, I heard him scream before he disappeared,” said Noatak. Daisy gets a real big flashlight to go outside looking for Zaheer in the darkness, meanwhile Noatak is in the house watching cartoons. Daisy finally arrives at her destination and searches for Zaheer everywhere. It is very cold, freezing like. Daisy doesn’t feel cold it all because her blood is extremely boiling.

“I need a leech to suck my blood off because this is making my blood boil!” Daisy said feeling very worried and angry. Daisy rushes to the waterfall and looks down to it and sees nothing because it is very deep and dark. It is if like she was wearing sunglasses in the summer. She goes running back home to call Tom to arrive home earlier. She calls Tom but then the lights go off. It was 10:00 pm when the lights went off. She went upstairs to look for Noatak with her flashlight and doesn’t see him in his room. Daisy searches every possible place he can be and she doesn’t find him but his room window was left open while the curtains moving because of the wind. She goes to check the power box and notices that someone turned it off so she quickly turns the power back on. Daisy now assumes that a lunatic took her children and something bad was going to happen. Rom finally arrives in his blue car and walks in the house just to find Daisy crying.

“What happened, what happened?” said Tom very worried.

“Our children are missing!” screamed Daisy while tears all over her face.

“Nani?” said Tom very worried.

The power suddenly goes off again and Tom starts to get really anxious. He starts to sweat and inhales heavily. Meanwhile Daisy is still crying thinking about her kids. They hear someone walking upstairs slowly approaching to Tom and Daisy. It sounds like an adult walking slow to scare someone. The mysterious folk is making his way downstairs and they first see his shoes, black dressing shoes. Then they see black pants and they now see a man wearing black flannel suit! The person that everyone thought he had been dead is now resurrected!

“It’s Gatsby!” Tom screamed angrily and anxious.

“I can’t go without getting my revenge,” said Gatsby while smiling. Gatsby and Daisy make eye contact. Gatsby stares at her with an angry face, he does not seem very happy to see her. Daisy is terrified by the looks of Gatsby’s look.

“How are you still alive? This is impossible” said Tom.

“Nothing is impossible,” said Gatsby while smiling.

“I had a bulletproof vest when George tried to eliminate me, I already knew you were plotting to get me off this world. I was taken by my secret bodyguards so they could help me plan this out. We made a fake funeral and Daisy or you didn’t come to my funeral. I am here to get my revenge, you took everything away from me. Daisy, you always betrayed me.” said Gatsby.

Tom quickly punches Gatsby with a left hook on his left chin. Tom and Daisy start running to the river and split up. Gatsby stood up and is chasing them, he stops at the at the waterfall and sees Daisy standing there. Tom is nowhere to be found. Gatsby grabs Daisy from the back and doesn’t let her go.

“Let me go Gatsby!” screamed Daisy while screaming and crying.

The place is very quiet, you can only hear the waterfall and the argument.

“Not after everything you did to me.” said Gatsby.

“I’m sorry for not attending to your funeral, Tom didn’t let me go, he forced me to go with him! Let me go, I don’t love you anymore.” said Daisy while crying and trying to get out of Gatsby’s arm.

“It’s the end, sweetheart. I loved you so much but you always betrayed me. Like I told you on the first day, if you’re not for me you’re not for anybody, that little heart of yours is mine and I’ll do whatever I want with it.” Gatsby said while picking up Daisy and throws her to the waterfall.

Gatsby is finally relief and he remembers of all the happy memories he had with Daisy. He decides to throw himself. He stands up in front of the waterfall and falls down the waterfall while looking up. It was equivalent to what happened at the pool but this time it was real.

The end.