Spirit in a Friendship | Teen Ink

Spirit in a Friendship

By Echo-Sweetheart, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Echo-Sweetheart, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"Time was my only enemy"- Eva Peron, 1st lady of Argentina

Sherrywood Avenue, that’s where my friend Hollie and I live, Sherrywood Avenue was a cul-de-sac. It was only two houses there and down two blocks is the meadow that had horse stables and on the other block was a farm where two elderly people lived and sold fruits and vegetables. My friend Hollie and I had been best friends since we met in horse riding camp when we were five.

July 21st 2011, I was riding my horse Pyramid with my best friend Hollie Farmer who was riding her horse Sonya. The wind was blowing in my face as I rode. I closed my eyes when I saw the gate in-front of me I felt pyramid riding faster, when I opened my eyes again we were over the gate. I saw Hollie’s horse Sonya stopped fast at the gate which made Hollie fly into the air and land in the pond two feet away from the horse range. I rode pyramid to the pond.

“You two were Fantastic!” I congratulated “Until Sonya stopped at the gate” I added.

Hollie moved her red hair out of her face and as she tried to talk water came out. She then spit the rest of the water that was in her mouth and took the fish out of her helmet.

“Oh like you and pyramid did it correctly” Hollie snapped.

“Actually, that was our first time doing the gate”

I laughed at Hollies jealous expression

“Oh shut it Theo.” Hollie spat as she got out of the pond to go back to the horse range.

We put our horses back in the barn.

“Bye Pyramid and Sonya, we’ll see you next week” we shut the barn door.   As Hollie and I got to my house, I saw my step dad fixing the station wagon.

“How’s it coming dad?” I asked him.
  He rolled out from under the car and smiled at me

“It’s actually coming well Theo, I assume by Labor Day it should be good and running.” He told me as he went back to his work.  I nodded as I went inside. My birth- father was killed in Afghanistan when I was four; it’s been 10 years now.  My mother Mary-Beth married my stepfather Aaron Dupree.

“Theodora, could you please go get me some vegetables and a watermelon from Mr. Hathaway’s farm.” My mother asked me.

I nodded and Hollie and I went to Mr. Albert Hathaway’s Farm. Mr. Hathaway is a ninety-seven year old man who has the energy as a Thirty-Two year old. Rebecca is ninety-two.

“Rebecca go and get the eggs please!” hollered Mr. Hathaway to his wife who was in the house cooking. Albert and Rebecca were married in 1935 when Albert was twenty-five and Rebecca was twenty; Eighty-Three years and they haven’t divorced yet. Somehow Mrs. Hathaway had always forgiven Mr. Hathaway.  Unfortunately Mrs. Hathaway hasn’t been her best for a

long while but she hangs in there.

“Hello Mr. Hathaway.” I greeted as Hollie walked in the farm behind me.

“Well hello there, Theodora and Hollie. What are you here for today?” Mr. Hathaway asked looking at us through his spectacles.

“Oranges, Apples, Pears and watermelon please” I told him.
Mr. Hathaway wrote it down and I paid him. Mr. Hathaway went to go get the fruits. When I had the bag in my hand, Hollie and I waved goodbye.  On the way back home, we walked into a huge puff of smoke.  It was Drake and his gang. Drake was a fifteen year old who got held back into the sixth grade.  It was funny that the rest of his gang-mates are actually five times smarter than he is but Drake can break your neck in a snap; He was strong and quick. 

As we walked, Hollie leaned against my ear “Let’s prank him, It’ll be funny. Their high and they’ll be chasing us but it’s a little bit funnier because they’re high”   I looked at Hollie. It was the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard, but Hollie dragged me along with her. Hollie and I got some apples from a tree nearby and we threw the apples at them. We ran for our lives as they ran after us, we ran past, Hope Ave, Walker Street and Lopez road.
We stopped running at the train tracks which were baron and broken off six miles up the road. 

I took a breath “That was fun-” someone held me back and then someone holding Hollie back by their arms around our necks.  Drake walked towards us and he punched our stomachs but Hollie blocked the punch with a kick and she threw over the boy that was holding her over her back and she put him down on the ground. She elbowed the boy in the stomach and round kicked him and she swung kicked the boy that was holding me and we ran for our lives into the streets. I didn’t see a car that was sharply coming into the turn and I ran out but Hollie pushed me out of the way and she got hit by the car, making her roll over the car as the driver continued to drive.

I screamed as I witnessed the accident and I ran into the streets and I went to Hollie and I saw Hollies’ head bleeding. I got out my phone and I called the ambulance and then I called Hollies’ mother and my mother. All three came to Lopez Road at the same time. They put Hollie onto a gurney and they put her into the ambulance rushing and Hollies’ mother got into the ambulance as well and they drove off.  I was so scared and so worried I couldn’t help but to cry.

When I got home, I sat on my bed thinking, hoping and praying that Hollie is going to be okay. I looked at my clock it was 4:55 in the evening, I went downstairs and over-heard my mother on the phone. “What? I’m so sorry about your lost. Will she be alright?” my mother replied
   ‘Was it about Hollie? Is Hollie okay?’ I thought to myself.  I went towards the kitchen as my mother flapped her hand at me for me to stop walking.
My mother hung up and sighed. “Theodora, I’m so sorry, Hollie passed away. She couldn’t breathe and she just passed. I’m sorry sweetheart” 
Tears ran down my cheeks as I listened. Hollie and I were best friends since our church’s equestrian camp   when we were five. I just couldn’t believe Hollie died.  The thought of it just too much to bare, I couldn’t control myself and I cried and collapsed on to my knees sobbing. My mother patted my back, trying to soothe me.  I just couldn’t get the image of Hollie in a casket out of my mind. My mother brought me some tea and soup which always calms me.  Two weeks later, we went to Hollies’ home-going; after the testimonies, I was the first one to look at Hollie the last time. 
I broke down into pieces “You’re my only friend Hollie! Who’s going to beat me at soccer and then brag about it? Who’s going to take care of Sonya huh? Who?” I cried hysterically as the ushers in the church walked down and helped me back to my seat. 
After the Home-going and burial, I sat there looking at the coffin in the ground. The cemetery owner was putting in the tomb-stone. I watched as I got up and went back to the family car. When I got back home to Franklin Tennessee, which was where Hollie was born. I went to the Range and I took off Hollies’ picture off of Sonya’s stable. I petted Sonya and put the picture up on the Riders of the past wall which was on the side of each horse stable. I put it in Sonya’s stable wall and I took Pyramid out and I rode her on the acre. “Theodora Elizabeth Margret-Rose Wilmot! Come here please” called my mother. She only calls me by my full name when she wanted to talk to me sternly or something to announce. I rode pyramid over to my house, and I got off of him.
“Yes mom?” I greeted
  “Go into the family room please? Your father and I have something we need to tell you and your brother” My mother said; I went into the family room and sat on the couch and so did my brother. 
“We have something to tell you, It’s something big and it’s something that you two might enjoy” My dad introduced.
  “We’re having another baby!” my parents announced excitedly.
  My mouth dropped, I couldn’t believe it. It was bad enough that I had Kyle, though it would be cool to have a younger sister. After the news, we had dinner, I got up to call Hollie but then I remembered about her death. I sighed then I washed the dishes and then I went to bed. 
I saw Hollie on Sonya and I was on Pyramid, Pyramid trotted over to Sonya and Hollie. I smiled at her, “Come on Theo let’s jump over that gate.” Hollie cheered.
“Alright” I said.
We had a race and our horses jumped over the gate and the mud puddle, but Hollie and I fell off of our horses and landed in the mud puddle. We were laughing as we got up on our horses again and continued to ride horses, but then a storm was headed the way and we put Pyramid and Sonya back in their stables and went home.

I actually heard Hollies’ voice she was saying “Theo, Theo. Wake up”.
  My eyes popped immediately open and sat right up and looked around the room. I thought I heard – Nevermind. I thought I lie back down and saw Hollies’ face and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes back up and saw Hollies’ face.
“HOLLIE?!” I sat straight up and looked and saw Hollies’ face.
“I-Is that you Hollie?” I asked.   “Hey Theo” Hollie smiled. 
I rubbed my eyes and looked up “Your dead! Aren’t you?” I questioned
“Unfortunately; But it’s not that bad. You don’t have to deal with bullying, and being grounded and living stuff like that.” Hollie beamed
“I can’t believe this is happening.” I choked holding my head. I got up thinking I was just hallucinating or an allusion, I went into the bathroom as I was washing my face and when I looked into the mirror I saw Hollie. 
“If you’re really Hollie then what happened on my first musical debut in third grade?” I asked.
“You tripped on your dress while singing and you landed into the orchestra and you got your head stuck in a tuba” Hollie smug expression flashed in my vision.
My eyes widen.
“It’s really you Hollie!” I yelped as my father walks by the bathroom and looked inside, looking at me like I was crazy.  “Dad, Dad! Hollie is right there” I exclaimed, pointing at the shower door.
Aaron looked up at it and saw nothing and he looked at me and sighed. “Theodora sweetie, I know Hollie was your best friend but there is no way that you can see her and she can’t be here, now her spirit is in the air but you can’t see her” Aaron addressed.
I shook my head “No! I can really see her! I can really” I exclaimed once more
.  “Go to bed, it’s late.  Everything will be fine in the morning”
He said as he pulled me into my bedroom and I got in bed.
“I’m Serious! I saw Hollie” I told him.
Aaron nodded, and he patted my back.
“I’ll see you in the morning Theodora” He said as he turned off my light and closed my door. I swore I saw her; I swore.

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm and I got out of bed, and I went into the bathroom and I washed up and brushed my teeth. Then something popped into my head; Hollie was in my room last night.  I put my washcloth under the water and I put it on my face to wake me up.
“It was just a dream” I muttered to myself. 
School was starting in three weeks, a new school and I still hadn’t done my two essays over the summer. I left the bathroom and I put on my sundress then I went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and sat down.  My mother was cooking bacon and eggs, as my dad and brother came downstairs.
“Theodora, your father told me what had happened last night and I want to tell you that Hollie is still with you, in your heart. Allusions of her will be with you.” claimed my mother, “Maybe it was an allusion” I thought as I picked at my breakfast. 
After breakfast, I went upstairs to get my horse-back riding gear on and I saw Hollie again,
“Listen I know you are not really there, so I’m just going to ignore you ‘Hollie’” I said as I put my boots on.
“But you really can see me and you can hear me. Why don’t you believe me?” Hollie asked me.  I didn’t answer. 
“Great! The silent treatment, you know if you weren’t the one who were going to tick of drake and his friends-“
I looked at her irritably “I was the one who wanted to tick of drake and his friends? No! It was all you! You were the one who wanted to tick them off. You were the one who got yourself hit!” I accused I didn’t see my dad looking into my room as he heard what I was saying. 
“I was trying to not let you get hit by that car!” Hollie hollered.  I stopped and I sigh.
“So your death was my fault” I mumbled as I sat on my bed.
“No, it was no-one’s fault.” Hollie said as she put her hand on my shoulder, which somehow I could feel. 

Later on that day, when I came home from horse-back riding, I went straight to my laptop and I put up Microsoft Word 2012 and I was typing my essay on the book Wait till Helen Comes, which was one of my summer English book report. 

After my report, my mother had sent me to go get Kyle from Summer School which was across from the State Library and Archives. I rode my bike since I didn’t feel like walking. Putting my I-pod in the basket part and playing my favorite song from this Canadian boy band. I was looking at the signs when I felt this push on the front part of my bike. I had knocked down a boy that looked roughly my age maybe a bit older. His medium cut brown hair was blowing in the wind. He looked at me with his brown eyes that made me want to smile. I got off of my bike and went

to him then helped him up.

“Uh-.Sorry I ran you over I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” I said my face flushing with apologetic disposition.

He chortled “It’s alright, I knew it wasn’t intentional.”

I nodded as I got on my bike again and I watched him get on his parked motor-bike.

“I’m Theodora.” I said as I placed my feet on the petal and started to ride the bike.

“I’m Peter but you can call me Pete.” He said putting on his helmet then he winked at me. “Hope to see you again.” He rode off.

I smiled to myself as I rode to Kyle’s school where I found him calling for help inside a locked dumpster. I took my bobby pin and picked the lock then opened the dumpster up.  I held my nose as I looked inside and Kyle was in the fettle position holding his nose as well.

I helped him up and out of the dumpster and he got on the back of my bike.
“How did you end up in the trash?” I asked him as I pettled home.
“Drake asked me for my lunch money and he put me in the trash when I wouldn’t give it to him.” Kyle explained.
Kyle and I got home and he explained to my mother what had happened which resulted in my mother telling Kyle to take a bath and that she’ll talk to the bully herself.
“That guy was kind of cute Theo.” said Hollie.
I was lying on my bed reading a magazine for horse racing. “Yeah, I guess.” I shrugged nonchalantly acting like I didn’t fully agree with her which in honesty I really did. In fifty minutes I was called down for dinner I went downstairs then sat at the dinner table.
“I want to remind you three that my boss is coming over tomorrow for dinner. Hopefully I can get that promotion I’ve been waiting for.” She said as she put Kyle’s plate infront of him then putting my dad’s plate infront of him “Kyle I don’t want you to talk to him about anything nasty alright?” He nodded then her attention turned to me “I want you not to talk to Hollie at all. If any mentions of Hollie at all, you might as well stay the night with the Hathaway’s you got it?” 
I nodded.
This dinner must have been really important to her. She knew I liked the Hathaway’s but never to the point where I wanted to spend the night at their house with them.
I fell right to sleep that night; I kept hearing a girl scream, as I dreamt about that car, and clouds and a gate? I looked around and I opened up the gate and a blast of sun shined through the opened gates. I saw Hollie, I saw my great aunt Carline who died of lung cancer when I was eight and other dead relatives; I knew where I was. I was in heaven, but for some reason I felt this cold dark feeling upon the heavenly place and rain started to come in and I saw someone in a black cloak and it’s arm and hand was the color of fire; Burning red.  I knew who it was but I didn’t want to say it out loud, I watched as the person took the key of heaven and left with it as the clouds went away.  But I heard a chuckling behind me and I saw the person and he grabbed me and threw me down off of the clouds of heaven.   I jolted awake, I rushed off out of bed and I washed my face off. 
“HI!” Hollie proclaimed. 
I yelped spooked, I turned around and I saw Hollie.
  “Never do that again” I growled. 
“Sorry!” Hollie Apologized. “Why are you up?” she added 
  “I had a weird dream…or nightmare.” I said.
I told her what was happening in my dream.
“Wow, somebody took the key of heaven? But then how would the angles come into heaven?” Hollie asked.
  I looked at her annoyed. “I don’t know, it’s not a book!” I snapped.
Hollie shrugged.
“Do you think I’m crazy?” I asked Hollie
“You’ve always been crazy, just not in an insane person kind of way” Hollie beamed. 
I smiled and hugged her which went right through me.  I looked at her confused. Hollie can touch me but I can’t touch her.
As the sun barely came up, my mother called for me and my brother. I poked my head from under the covers to look at the clock, it was five am. I groaned as I put my head back under the covers and fell back to sleep. Twenty minutes later, I heard my brother scream. My mother must have poured the water bucket on him. I got up and I went downstairs as a very wet Kyle followed in suit. We cleaned the whole house and by the time it was four o’clock my mother was finishing up dinner which was salad, soup and beef wellington and for deserts my dad’s family famous custard crème Brule.  My mother’s boss rang the doorbell and I greeted him at the door and my mother greeted him by the staircase.
  “Thank you for inviting me, Mary-Anne” He said saying my mother’s name wrong.
“You’re Welcome Mr. Baranshki.” My mother replied then turned to us “This is my husband Aaron, and these are my kids; Theodora and Kyle.”   We shook hands with him.
  At Dinner, I felt something or someone kick my leg. I looked down from the table and saw no-one was kicking me. I looked up again and saw Hollie right above my mother’s boss. I frowned slightly seeing her. I paid attention more to my food and the conversation that was going on. I watched as Hollie knocked Mr. Baranshki’s glass of wine over.
“Oops….My fault Mr. Baranshki. I’m a little clumsy” I said as I picked up the napkins and patted his suit to get the wine out. 
“It’s fine Theresa.” He said taking the napkin then started to have a conversation about work to my mother and father. I glared at Hollie who was in the left corner of the room next to the painting of my family tree. After Dinner, My father took out the cake and placed it on the table.  Hollie who was now next to me, I gripped her hand and pulled her into the kitchen telling my mother that she forgot the forks and I mumbled to Hollie. “I  swear Hollie Delphine Farmer if you dare do anything to that cake and ruin my mother’s chance of getting a promotion I will get you.” I threatened. I picked up four forks and I went into the dining room and set the forks on the table.  When desert was over, Mr. Baranshki walked to the door.
“Thank you for the wonderful dinner Mary-Lou.” He said as he opened the door.  A water bucket fell on to Mr. Baranshki. His face started to bloat. I looked inside the bucket and there was peanut butter inside. Peanut butter water was Hollie’s favorite prank to pull on people.  My mother took Mr. Baranshki to the hospital as he was allergic to peanuts.  When my mother came back she slammed the door angrily.

She gripped me and my brother by our hair. “WHICH ONE OF YOU PULLED THAT PRANK ON MR. BARANSHKI!? WHO?” she hollered.  We both replied simultaneously “I didn’t”. 
“Theodora was talking to Hollie when you left. I think it was Hollie.” Kyle said pointing at me.
I glared at him then looked at my mother. “It was Hollie.” I confessed.
“Well say thank you to Hollie Because of her I have gotten fired from my job and you shall for no longer be in the spring horse racing.” My mother said. My jaw dropped as tears filled my eyes.  Pyramid and I have been training since May for this competition and now I couldn’t compete. I pushed my way from my mother and went upstairs crying.
“Aw, Bloody Hell Mary-Beth, You’re acting like you’re off you’re rocker.  Don’t take the competition away from her. It was probably an accident. Maybe she was trying to prank Kyle but it accidently fell on your boss.” Aaron said to my mother.  They started to get into a heated argument that ended with my mother leaving the house to cool herself off. 

Three weeks later, I woke up for my first day at Saint John Middle School; I was going into the sixth grade.  I ran downstairs before the bus came then I ate my cereal fruity oats.
  “So are you going to bring Hollie to Saint John’s?” my dad teased.  I looked at him with not an enthused smile, more like a rude smirk.
  “No.” I responded, as I put the cereal in my mouth.
“Well if you do see her, tell her not to interfere with your school work. You need to get an A in every subject to get into Millington.” acknowledged my mother.
Millington was a luxurious Boarding school, only the kids who had a 4.9 or 4.13 I.Q could get in; I have a 4.9 exact I.Q., since I did, I figured I should always be on honor roll and since kindergarten I did.
“I know mom. I know.” I reminded.
I put on my book bag on and I left the house to go on the bus when it got there. I sat down all the way in the back, away from where everyone was talking loudly, sleeping or spitting out the window. I sighed, I hate that I’m the only one that wasn’t disgusting enough to actually spit out the window.  “Hey. Nice to see you again.” Said the boy I ran over, Pete. 
“Oh Hi there, It is nice to see you again.” I commented as he sat down with me.  While the bus was still taking us to school, I noticed that Pete kept glancing at me. Maybe every 10 seconds.
The bus stopped as it got to the school and everyone went inside the school, I went to my locker and I put my books in inside and I went to my first class which was English.  “Welcome to English class, my name is Mrs. Walker and I will be your English class teacher this year.  Okay so who wants to start on their summer essay on how their summer was?” Mrs. Walker told the class in a happy in her squeaky voice.  I stood up holding on to my essay I went to the front of the room.
“Hi I’m Theodora Wilmot and I’m eleven years old and this summer was the craziest and saddest summer in the history of summers” I introduced “My best-friend died this summer of a hit and run on Lopez road. “I replied with a soft sad sigh.
  “Aw. I’m sorry Theodora” said Ms. Walker sympathetically.  I nodded at her and I looked at the back of the room and I saw Hollie.  
What was she doing in my class?
“May I be excused?” I asked Mrs. Walker.
“Yes. Okay who else is up?” she replied
A boy walked up 3 binders filled with papers.  I walked out of the room into the bathroom, and I turned around as the door was closing slowly; Hollie appeared.
  “Listen, I don’t know how and don’t care why your spirit is following me. But I don’t like it one bit.” I snarled angrily.
“Theo I thought you were my best-friend” Hollie whined sadly.  “I am your best –friend, it’s just-“
“I’m dead?” Hollie asked.
I nodded.
“Well The reason why I’m still with you on earth is because you and my mother still think I’m alive.” Hollie advised.
“Well do you blame me? You show up at my house at night and now you’re in my school” I pointed out.  Hollie sighed as a teacher came inside the bathroom.
“My dear, are you lost?” asked the teacher, I shook my head.
“I-I-um was just about to go back to class now” I answered, I didn’t realize that Hollie was trying to get my attention and Hollie pulled my shirt over my head. I screamed, and put my shirt back down.
“HOLLIE!” I screamed  
“Who?” the health teacher asked.
  “My friend she’s right there-“I said
But I just remembered that Hollie was a ghost and no-one but me could see her. 
“Please come with me dear” the teacher commanded and I went with her to her office and sat down.
  Ms. Kim sat down behind her desk. “Have you been seeing things lately?” she asked.
I nodded and I told her what had happened this past summer and that I’ve been seeing Hollie everywhere.  Ms. Kim sat and looked at me thoughtfully. 
“Go to the Principles office and give this to him” she said as she wrote a note for me to leave early. “And then Give this to your parents” she concluded as she gave me another note.
I stood up and went to the Principle Steven’s office. He read the note and then called my mother who was at home. An hour later, my mother picked me up.
“This has gone too far Theodora Elizabeth Margret -Rose Wilmot!” chastised my mother as she sat down in the other chair in the office. 
“Mrs. Dupree, we strongly suggest that your daughter be taken to a therapist or the Tennessee Asylum” informed Principle Steven.
“No. I am not a crazy!” I barked defensively.
“We’re not saying you are Miss Wilmot” corrected principle Stevens. 
I heard my mother sigh
“I’ll take care of this Principle Steven” my mother assured Principle Steven as she got up and took my wrist and she took me to the car.
I sat in the back of the car. I usually sit in the back of the car when I was in trouble.
“Sit in the passenger seat please?” commanded my mom
I sighed and I got in the passenger seat, my mother sighed as she sat in the driver seat and she put the key in the ignition and drove off. 
My mother drummed her fingers on the steering wheel as she stopped at a red light. Her face was like she was thinking.
  “Are you alright mom?” I asked.
  My mom nodded.
“I just wish that your imagination wouldn’t come up in your school time” replied my mother.
“It wasn’t my imagination mother, I really did see Hollie” I intoned as I looked at her.
“That is enough!” shrieked my mother angrily. 
I sighed as my mom put the car in the drive way. I went straight into the house and ran upstairs but my dad stopped me.
“Stop, Come back downstairs” He bellowed
I came back downstairs and sat on the bottom step.
“Now I know that you miss Hollie and that night that you saw her was just a vision but you bringing her up in public is just-”
  “I.WAS.NOT.VISIONING.HER!”I yelled.
  “Do not yell at your father.” bellowed my mother as she folded her arms.
  I muttered. “Sorry…”
    “When you see Hollie just ignore her alright?” My dad replied I nodded and went upstairs.
Three hours later as I went downstairs I heard my mom and dad talking in the kitchen.
“I don’t know if we should take her. I think we should wait, and if there is another event of the Hollie thing happening, then we take her to the Therapist” said my dad.
My mother sighed. “Alright.”  
I couldn’t believe it. They were actually considering taking me to a Therapist.  I ran back upstairs and I screamed into my pillow.  Was this really happening?

The next day, I woke up to the sound of my dog’s barking who was in my room and on my bed.  I laughed as I got up. “Oh shush you silly ol’ dog” I said to my dog Oreo. I went to take a shower and I put my clothes on and ran downstairs.
“Good morning Theo. Your father and I were talking last night and if we get another call about this paranormal stuff we will take you to the therapist, Dr. Cade; do you understand?” My mother replied. 
I sighed. “Yes Mother”
I hate it that my mom was strict about paranormal stuff, though she let me watch and read Carrie. I got my bagel and left the house; right behind Kyle. We both got on the bus.  When I got to school, Pete met me at my locker.
“Hey Theodora, Want to have a study night tomorrow?”
“Sure Pete, Which subject?” I asked him.
“All of them but how about history?” Pete looked at me with an inquisitive look.
I nodded and we went to class, I didn’t know why, I said yes….I just met him; maybe we’ll be best friends.
After class, I saw Hollie again. I walked in the direction but I went through her, ignoring the fact that I went inside Hollie. I went to my next class which was art which was taught by Fleur Fore-Patch.
  “Alright class, Art isn’t just a way of mind and expression; it is the way of life.  So when you paint I want you to…breathe and feel yourself withering away like tumbleweed and have your mindset on the canvas. Have fun, you have 25 minutes” Mrs. Fore-patch as she walked around.
I picked up the paint brush and I started to draw the feeling the sadness of death.  I started to draw, my dad and my dad’s former friend Justin Powers, who was a witness of the first degree murder. Then I painted Hollie right next to her drawn tombstone.  And I drew my dad’s tombstone right underneath him. Tears started coming down my cheeks as I drew and kept on drawing then I was done. I took the Canvas off of the art stand and gave it to Mrs. Fore-Patch. 
“Ms. Wilmot comes here please” she said, I stood up and walked over to the desk, frightened that something might be wrong.
“This painting, was it something in your mindset? Or are you did this happen in actual reality?” Mrs. Fore-Patch asked. 
  I nodded. “Both Mrs. Fore-Patch” I answered.
She nodded and gave me a small smile, “Okay. I expect great things from you this year Ms. Wilmot” She said. I nodded and sat down.
For the whole day I didn’t see Hollie, All I could say was Hallelujah though I did miss her because besides Pete, she was still my only friend.  When I got home, that’s when I saw Hollie.
I frowned. “Hey Hollie” I said as I put my coat in my closet.
“Hey did you have that dream over the past few weeks?” Hollie asked me.
I shook my head. “Nope.” I said; At least I hope.  
After dinner that day, I brushed my hair and I looked at the picture of Hollie and I touched the picture frame, I felt a shock as I saw a picture inside the picture of Hollie, it was the moon and in carved in the moon were the numbers 31 and 10th and two letters H. F. I took my hand right off the frame as I looked at the picture and it was back to the picture of Hollie.  I went straight to bed after that. 
As I fell asleep, I had dream of myself in a graveyard, it was foggy, and I was standing right behind a statue of Jesus on the cross. I knew I was in the Christ of the Redeemer Cemetery.  Far away I saw a person and the person held a box and the person opened it up and put it in the ground. I walked towards it and watched.  The person was chanting something, I couldn’t understand.
Outside of my dream that’s when I heard the curtains open and the sun hit my eyes.
“Wake up sleepy-head you’ll be late for school” said Kyle laughing.
I got right out of bed and I took a shower and put on my clothes and rushed out the door. It was waiting for the bus for four whole hours, no bus.
“Sweetie? What are you doing? “My dad asked.
“Waiting for the bus” I answered.
  My dad chuckled.
“Today is Saturday, didn’t you know?” my dad replied. 
I frowned and ran inside.  “KYLE! YOU LITTLE IMP!”I yelled as Kyle closed and locked his door.
I kicked his door open and beat him up.

Later on that day, I got on my bike and I went to Pete’s house, Pete invited me in. Pete took me into his dining room, where there were books, pencils and calculators for math and a globe for history, and Science texts books.
“So are you ready to study?” Pete asked me as he went over to the table and took out a chair and took out another chair and sat it in. I sat down in the first chair he pulled out.
“Okay, so which subject?” I asked him. 
“History” he answered.
Pete took out two history books and put one in front of me and we both opened up to Chapter eighteen, which was five pages about the Salem Witch Trials.  We started to study and discuss about it.  An hour later, as Pete was going to get sodas, I saw Hollie once again across from the table; I leaned over.
“What are you doing here?” I whispered to Hollie in an irritated tone.
   “I was bored so I just decided to crash into your study date” Hollie joked as she played with her red curly hair.
“Get out!” I roared in a whisper as Pete came back in the room. 
“Who are you talking to?” Pete asked me as he put down the sodas.
I straightened up and smiled. “No one”
Pete chuckled as he sat back down. “Okay now…where were we”
He asked as he opened the text book again.
“What page were we reading?” He added.  
I checked my page “Page four hundred and ninety-nine” I answered.
He nodded and studied.  After I left about another two hours later, I went home, seeing my brother playing Xbox-360, and my parents trying to put another patch up on the hole in the ceiling. I went back out again, I went to the stables, and I washed up Pyramid and Sonya and I put Sonya back in her stables.

I mounted on Pyramid and rode on her, practicing another jumping the fence trick with her. Three hours later, I put Pyramid back in her stables and went back home and went to bed. The next day, at school I went to English class, Hollie was there yet again and she was air sitting next to Mrs. Walker who was writing down the laws of English. I silent giggled when I saw Hollies prank. 

“Did I do something to amuse you Theodora?” asked Mrs. Walker calling my attention.

I shook my head. “No Ms. Walker” I said sheepishly   

After school, I saw my mother talking to Kyle about his poor work ethic, I rolled my eyes and I went upstairs and did my homework.  My dad called me down for dinner; I went downstairs and sat on the chair.  “So did you see Hollie again Theo?” Kyle asked me.

I kept quiet, really not wanting to answer him; He gave my arm a nudge as I sighed.

“Yes I did” I glanced slowly at him.
My mother looked at me with her eyebrow of annoyance and my dad just shook his head actually looking amused.

“Are you a ghost whisperer?” Kyle asked

. “Okay Kyle that’s enough” snapped my mom.

We all went back to eating, I washed the table off, and fed Oreo and then I went to bed. 

Someone was at my bedroom door; I sleepily greeted the person by telling them they could come in. My mother sat on the edge of my bed. “Theodora, have you really been seeing Hollie at school?” my mother asked.  I nodded.  My mother sighed, and looked at an empty space thoughtfully.  “One more talk about Hollies ghost and you are going to go to a therapist alright?” warned my mother.

I nodded then went back to sleep. She patted my arm and I looked up at her again. “And I want to apologize for the way I acted the night I got fired. You’re back in the competition” She said. I smiled and went back to sleep again.

It was Sunday morning, I woke up and I washed up and I got dressed.  I put on my horseback riding gear on and I went to the horse ranch and I took pyramid on a ride. We practice for the spring competition, we had been training for the competition since I was eight as I was riding, Pyramid got spooked by something and I fell off of the saddle and landed on my back.

I got up and I saw Hollie once again, now I know why Pyramid got spooked.
“Okay question, don’t you ever haunt your mother?” I asked her.  

“I can’t, she can’t see me.  I guess she finally gave in that I’m dead.  You’re the only one who doesn’t really think I’m dead” Hollie reckoned, as she watched me go over to Pyramid and mount on her.  I sighed and rode off. 

Hollie was really getting on my nerves, I put Pyramid back in the stables and Hollie flew in front of Sonya. “Is Sonya getting a new owner?” Hollie asked me.
  “Yeah, Sonya’s new owner is coming to get her in a couple of weeks.” I replied as I locked Pyramid’s stable door and left the stable house.

Hollie nodded, as she looked at Sonya, “What I would give to ride on Sonya again” she whined to me, as I closed the stable house gates. I looked at her and chuckled.

“Remember when you first met Sonya…You were really scared to go near her” I said reminiscing.

“Yeah, I remember.  Hey, remember when you and Pyramid met? I didn’t see you off the meadow for a whole day because you were practicing with him” Hollie said as she tried to pet Sonya’s mane, her hand went right through it. Hollie sighed “Well….Maybe when Sonya dies, I’ll get to ride her again”. 

I shrugged as I saw Mrs. Farmers who had a big pot of what looked like Chili.

“Hi Theodora who are you talking to?” She greeted casually but it was still noticeable that she was crying.  I looked at Hollie who was beside Sonya.

“I um- was talking to Sonya.” I lied then I looked at Hollie who had sighed.
Mrs. Farmers came over to me as I was trying to get the bug off of Pyramid’s back. “Here Theodora, Give this for your mom it’s a Thank you gift for helping organize my daughter’s funeral.” She said.

I nodded “Alright, Thank you.” I said taking the pot of chili

Hollie looked at her mom who was close to crying again.  “I really miss hugging my mom….” She said as a tear dropped and disappeared through midair. 
Hollie then was gone. I went to the house then gave the chili to my mom.  I then sat on the couch and watched Al Sharpton with my dad; I wanted to be a political leader when I was older. Being a Political Leader was my fall back if being a world horse racing champion failed.  

Kyle came to me with Oreo’s bowl, I got up and took it and I fed him after that I went out and fed Pyramid and Sonya.  I took Pyramid out for another ride, Pyramid stopped when he saw the highest gate which was 60 centimeters high.

“We can do this buddy” I whispered into his ear. He then backed up and charged again and jumped over the gate.
I heard clapping.  It was a boy with blonde hair and glassed over his green eyes. It was my step-cousin Fred. I hated Fred and he hated me. Though I wasn’t really sure why we hated each other, I had always jokingly thought that there was this prophecy that said that we would hate each other. Or He was just stuck up and snooty.

He clapped as he walked inches away from me and pyramid “Good job…for an amateur.” He mocked as he threw himself over the gate and stood.
“I think Trent and I will win first place…like we have for 6 years in a row.” Fred boasted proudly.
I cut my eyes at him; I wanted to punch that mule sack in the face even if he is my cousin - three times removed.
I shook my head “Pyramid and I will win.” I said as I mounted pyramid.

“How can you? Your good luck charm is dead! She was a pathetic loser anyhow” He said scruffily.
I got down and I soccer punched Fred in the face and started to brawl on him.  The stable owner took me off of him and sent me home.  I went into the house and read to get my mind off of him. I hated Fred Aloysius Dupree

It was fifth period, which meant History class with Mrs. Wu who had a really thick New York accent she sounded like she grew up in the Bronx or Flushing.  I went in the classroom, as Mrs. Wu was teaching about the Egyptians, and how there were rumors that the First Dynasty Pharaoh, was possessed by the devil and did multiple of terrible things; But that was just a rumor. 

I wrote down everything, and as she said devil, my first dream that I had after Hollie came into my mind.  I started to think about my dream more, well mostly the person with the red arm and hand, Maybe that person was the one who possessed the pharaoh and is planning or already planned to steal the key of heaven, though it was just a dream though I do have to weird quirk that some of my dreams become real. 
After class, I was the last one going out of the classroom and peter caught up with me.

“Hey Theodora, How was class?” Pete asked

“Normal; at least I didn’t see Hollie” I told him, forgetting that I never mentioned Hollie to him before.  “Who’s Hollie?” Pete asked, confused

“Um...No one” I mumbled as we walked to the cafeteria.  I couldn’t eat lunch and not just because of the gross odor the meatloaf. I was just worried about my next class, which was Religion class which students took and Religion was Hollies’ favorite class to act up even when she was alive when she was at her Old Catholic school.  I ate half of the meatloaf and then threw it away. I went to Religion class and Ms. Viktoria Heming who was a strict teacher didn’t like childish games. 

As I got in my seat, I saw Hollie float in the class room and right into Ms. Heming’s chair. Oh boy, I saw her twirling around it, though the chair made no movement. I shook my head and just doodled on my paper. I heard the chalk go up onto the board, not realizing that it was Ms. Heming, I stood up immediately

“HOLLIE-” I shouted but then stopped myself, as I saw the back of Heming’s strawberry blonde hair.

I sat right back in my seat as Ms. Heming turned around.
“Who were you talking to Ms. Wilmot?” Ms. Heming asked.

“No-One” I said fast yet flatly.

“Now, as I told everyone on Monday that since we did lessons on what perspectives people think about Our Lord God, now these next three weeks, we will learn what perspectives people think about Lucifer.” She started walking from behind her desk to infront of the class then continued

“What are his other names? He has two”
Pete raised his hand “Satan or Devil”
“Right, Mr. Collins.” praised Ms. Heming as she wrote down today’s topic on the board: What are Hollywood perspectives about Satan and what the bible actually says.  

As Ms. Heming was writing the title, I opened my notebook to write the title but as I did, I saw Hollie sitting next to Ms. Heming’s desk, I breathed in as I saw her though she wasn’t doing anything, I returned my head to my notebook.

“Alright Class, I’ll be right back” Ms. Heming said when she left the classroom for a little bit.
I saw Hollies boring frown into a mischievous smile and she stood up and took the chalk then the eraser and erased everything except for the word satan and she wrote:
Satan is near! Run everyone Run! 
My jaw dropped and so did everyone else’s I ran to the board then quickly put the chalk and eraser down. “WHY DO YOU DO THINGS THAT YOU USED TO DO WHEN YOU WERE ALIVE? YOUR DEAD NOW! YOU CAN’T DO THIS ANYMORE!” I screamed at Hollie, almost forgetting that I was in class. Ms. Heming came back with the video documentary of Hollywood Perspectives and stereotypes of Satin her face was a shocked look.

I sighed as I erased the words on the board and looked at my teacher

“I know, I know.  Principle Steven’s office” I said as I got my books and I left the class I went to my locker and I packed up my stuff then I went to the office. I knocked on the door and went in; I told him everything and called my mother, after telling me to wait outside the office.

My mother came to the school, and glanced at me with annoyance and anger as she walked in the office and talked to the principle. I stayed in the chair and I looked up as the door open my mother walked to me and grabbed me by my wrist then threw me roughly in the back of the car, my dad was in the front. My mother drove what had seemed the way home but she turned the wrong way and to Saint Peter Hospital which had a physic ward in the basement.

My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the hospital, I walked with my mom, and the nurse led us to the basement and I saw closed ward rooms and the nurse let me see a thirty-six year old who had been there twenty-six years.

“No…I’m not staying here!” I protested.

“You have to, we made a deal Theodora” my mother retorted

“You said you would take me to the therapist” I yelled then I started to run towards the door and the reinforcements came and shot a tranquilizer dart at me and it stuck in my back I fell unconscious.

“I lied Theodora.” My mother mumbled as she looked at me being dragged into the ward room.

I woke up feeling woozy as I opened my eyes, looking at the ceiling and I looked at the room.

Then I remembered what had happened, my mother took me here but it wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for Hollie. I sighed as I sat up looking around at my new ‘Home’ I looked down at my feet which were covered with hospital socks and an asylum zip up robe and my black hair was in a ponytail.

I lied on the bed then the nurse came in with soup and gave it to me.

“Oh good you’re up, while you are here, you won’t have any contact with your family, not your mother, father, brother or your friends” said the nurse.
I frowned but then I re-thought of the answer I was going to give.

“So, I’m going to stay here till when?” I asked her as she put the bowl in front of me.

“Your parents said that to have you finally out once your memory is removed of the Hollie problem.”  I sighed as I ate some of the soup and lay back down on the bed.

“Theo?” Hollie called

I closed my eyes as I tried to go to sleep. Hollie tugged at my hair like a 5 year old, I tugged my hair away from her, angry that she was back.

“Why are you back?” I snapped at her rudely

Hollie frowned “D-Don’t you want me here with you?” she pestered sadly.

“NO, I’ve been telling you that since you came back” I hissed annoyed rolling on to my left side.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done what I did in the classroom” Hollie apologized rubbing her arm

. “No you shouldn’t have! And you know what, Because of you I’m not going to get out of here until I don’t remember you so here is what we’ll do. I count to five and by then you better be gone!” I proclaimed as I took deep breathes and I counted to five and when I opened my eyes back up, Hollie was gone. I sighed as I finished the soup, after I ate a nurse gave me water with crushed up pills inside and I drank it and I felt woozy and fell out sleeping.

I woke up the next day and I was still in the hospital, I sighed and I looked out the window. Hollie came back.
“Theodora. Earth to Theodora” Hollie said waving her hand.
I just went back to sleep.

“Why can’t she see me?” Hollie asked herself

“She doesn’t believe you’re here anymore.  Check the glass of water over there” said an elderly woman who looked like Ms. Hathaway.

Hollie picked up the glass and sniffed it “It smells like pills like sleeping pills” Hollie told the women. “Sleeping pills or amnesia pills; it’s probably both” said the women looking at her. 

Hollie sighed “If Theo doesn’t believe in me anymore then…that means I have no-one” She said sadly.  “Now I wouldn’t say no-one Hollie” replied the woman.
“What do-..Wait how do you know my name?” Hollie asked.

The Woman chortled “I’m Ms. Hathaway, remember from the farm?”

“Really?  How did you die?” I asked.

“My life was so long that I just passed but now from God above he told me to look after you, now come with me. I’m going to take you to where I live now” said Ms. Hathaway as she took Hollies hand and she took her to now-where else but Heaven. 

I had been in this asylum for almost five years. I took online classes since I was mentally able enough to understand it. The noises of the ‘inmates’ sounded through the asylum as the nurse came in to take the laptop away at the end of my classes.  I laid on my bed as I thought about how life would have been if my mother didn’t put me in here. I don’t even remember why she did that in the first place. 

By evening that night, the nurse came back in with soup, bread roll and juice. I sat up and began to eat. The food wasn’t horrible; per-say. It was decent enough that I could get it pass my taste buds. I started to put the spoonful of soup in my mouth when this big bang sounded in the cell. I looked around. What was that?  I laid back down again after I ate and I fell asleep. 

I found myself in a dream. It was raining and I was standing infront of a building. I took a few footsteps and tripped over a basket. A baby was crying. I stooped down and picked up the baby. “Aww, You poor thing. Who would leave you out here?” I asked the baby rhetorically. I wasn’t expecting an answer.

I searched through the blanket and found a paper that said: Hello.  I’m Landry. I’m ten weeks old and I was found in a trash can near here. Could you bring me in please?   I looked at the paper and I knocked at the door. I put the baby back in the basket and I scurried to the side of the stairs. A plump woman came out through the door and picked up the cooing baby.  I jolted awake. 

I looked at the night sky which was pouring with rain. I suspected it to be about twelve or one in the morning. I fell back to sleep

Two years later, I woke up with a bright shine in my face; apparently the electric went out of the Asylum again so the nurse shined a light in my face, with a cake made out of real cake than the fake cake the other nurse gave me for my last birthday.

“Happy 17th birthday and we have great news!  You’re finally getting out of the hospital” said the nurse.

I screamed with excitement and surprise. I’m finally getting out of here.  The nurse gave me my book bag which I had seven years ago when I got here and I put my clothes on and I went to my dad’s car and I hugged him before he drove off.

“How is everyone? What’s my baby sister’s name?” I interrogated him with questions. 

My dad started pulling out of the parking space. “Every-one is fine.  Kyle went to Ross Conan’s Boarding school for un-behaving boys and your new little sister is named Joslyn” My dad said as he turned the corner where the street of the house is.

I got out of the car once he parked and I ran into the house after opening it and I hugged my mother but she pushed me back.

“Who are you?” she asked me. 

“I’m Theodora.” I answered, scared now that she might not want me back but my fright disappeared when I saw her cry.
“Theodora? My, my how you’ve grown” she said in a whisper as she embraced her arms around me and hugged me tight, I hugged back.  “Do you remember Hollie?” she asked me.

“Who’s Hollie?” I queried to her.
She smiled and continued to hug me back.  I knew tomorrow I start school again, I went upstairs and I saw Joslyn and I hugged her.

“Hi Joslyn, I’m Theodora” I said to the little seven year old.

“Are you the one that mommy and daddy are always crying about?” She asked me.

I felt my heart beat three times fast than it should. I placed my hands on her shoulder and smiled delightfully.

“Did they miss me?” I inquired
She nodded and hugged me “I’m happy that I finally get to meet you” Joslyn replied happily then looked at me warily then added “Why were you in that Asylum?”

I looked at her “You know, I’ve been pondering that same question for a couple years. I just don’t remember. But when I do, I’ll tell you maybe now…or older.” I patted her head.

I went into my room and it never changed, it was the same way that I left it years ago. I walked around my room, and I saw my picture out of my picture frame gone. I saw another  picture on my desk of me and Pete, I smiled at the picture and I turned towards my closet and I saw my clothes. 

I knew I could barely fit anymore all except for my horse-back riding clothes.  I put my horse-back riding clothes on I went out to the horse range then I saw Pyramid was still there and my face was still on the stable. I hugged her and I turned to Sonya but she was gone. I forgot that her new owner got her about a week prior when I left. I mounted on pyramid and I rode pyramid around the horse tracks. I slowed pyramid down; I held my head and a vision came into my head. Someone in a black cloak and its arm and hand was the color of fire; Burning red. I fell off of pyramid as the moon appeared again. I groaned. I slowly got up after my…episode.

I hopped back onto Pyramid.
Pyramid continued to trot around the tracks and he jumped over the gate. I put pyramid back then I heard my mother call me, I don’t know why but something doesn’t seem right.  After dinner, I was about to wash the dishes and but my mother said not to and told me to wait.  Meanwhile the doorbell rang, I went to go answer the door and I screamed when I saw Pete; I hugged him.

“Happy birthday and welcome back Theodora” he said as I pulled back from the hug.

I let him inside and my dad tied a scarf over my eyes and led me to the family room. I was shocked when dad untied the scarf and I saw everyone from the neighborhood in the room even Mr. Hathaway.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WELCOME BACK THEODORA!” sang everyone.
I chortled and I hugged everyone as the cake was being brought out. After everyone sang the birthday song, I blew out my seventeen candles and cut the cake then gave everyone a piece of cake everyone except Joslyn because she was allergic to peanut so I let her have five cupcakes from the side which she fully enjoyed. 

Some people gave me money for my present and my parents gave me my very own cellphone, Joslyn gave me a journal and mail from Kyle which had a card, money and a picture of our dad and us when we were little that he never let me have.  I smiled and I put it to the side as Pete tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around and I jumped slightly when he kissed me on the cheek. I blushed and hugged him again. 

Everyone left at a quarter to eleven then I picked up Joslyn and I put her to bed, I hugged my parents’ goodnight and went to bed myself. 

As I closed my eyes, I found myself at a cemetery and a box was on the ground on top of a grave. A person was standing in front of the box saying something but I couldn’t make out what he/she was saying so I hid in the bushes near the person.  The person was mumbling “The soul of this grave let live thee.”This person who was covered with a cloak the hands were covered with gloves and the feet were bare. I tried to look further and I saw the moon change white to red and then…

“Morning!” Greeted my mother in a shrill voice who drew the blinds up.
I groaned as I put the pillow over my head. My mother took the pillow and started playfully hitting me with it like she used to when I was six.

“Wake up slug-a-bed. New start for school time” She said in a sing-song voice which bothered me because that meant she was hiding something but I just didn’t want a bad and angry start for a morning especially this morning; after I got dressed I waited for the bus.
I got on the bus I saw Pete and I sat next to him we started talking until we got to the school and then went to our lockers. 

I opened my locker then I put my books into it and I checked my schedule then went to class. While in class my head started to hurt and I kept having a blurred vision of a twelve year old girl in a casket I shook my head lightly trying to get myself back together and write what was on the board. After school, I picked up the gift from Mr. Hathaway to me I opened it on my way home and something from it dropped out. I opened it up and I saw a drawing of two big keys the bottom of the drawing said Key of Heaven.

I stared at the drawing as I walked into the house. I didn’t want my mother to see the drawing I stuffed it into my pocket and went upstairs to my room. I walked by my birth-dad’s office where my mother and my step dad were. I leaned against the wall to listen to the conversation. I removed the family portrait to look through the hole that was in the wall.

“This charade of yours has gone out of hand Mary-Beth. You and I both know that Theodora’s smart enough to figure out the truth somehow.” My step-father said in an angry yet knowing tone. 
My mother stayed in a calm tone in voice as she c***ed her head to the side.

“Aaron, if this is why we’re in my late husband’s office to talk about Theodora’s mental health I would like it if we continue this conversation in the bedroom after dinner.” My mother said calmly as she walked from behind the desk to the door.

Aaron huffed angrily “Fine but we’re continuing this conversation.”
They walked out of the office. I had put the portrait back and I went to my room sat on my bed and took out the picture. 

I straightened out the picture and sat it on my desk then I sat in my chair where my laptop is and typed in key of heaven and a Roman Catholic website came up, I opened it up and read it.  Jesus gave to Saint Peter, empowering him to take binding actions. In the Gospel of Matthew 16: 19, Jesus says to Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

I sat back in my chair, wondering why Mr. Hathaway gave me this picture in my book. I laid the picture on the desk still looking at the picture after studying what it looked like. Two keys one silver and the other gold with a red ribbon through it, I put the picture in my pocket after folding it up “I’m going to see why Mr. Hathaway gave it to me” I thought as I stood up and walked down the hallway to hear the conversation continuing again.

“I still don’t understand how you think Theodora was mentally unstable. Wouldn’t you if you saw your best friend hit by a car?” My dad said then continued “I think any medicine they gave to Theo will unwind in her system soon” 

My mother was folding clothes and she chuckled mendaciously “On the contrary, I think that medicine that they gave her will still be doing its job.”  
Aaron looked at her with disdain. 

“That Hollie problem was just a factious phase that Theodora will never go back to again.” My mother said to him.

“You’re a bloody mad woman you know that?” my dad muttered.
I looked at the door and I walked down the stairs, grabbed my coat and headed out the door. I walked down the street. I was puzzled where this Hollie problem was concerned. While I was walking;

Pete walked along with me and noticed the drawing.

“What’s that?” He asked me pointing to the paper.

I looked at it and then him “A drawing that Mr. Hathaway gave me, but I don’t know why” I answered him, as I took it out and gave to him so he can look.

“The key of heaven, I heard of that, my bible studies teacher was talking about that on Wednesday bible school.

Apparently due to speculation, the keys open the gates for new angels to come and if their stolen by the imp of the devil, Satan can easily take over.” He said. 

I nodded as I turned to Mr. Hathaway’s drive way and went to his door I knocked on it but the door was already open. Pete and I entered, while he was closing the door behind us, I walked into his living room as I called out his name. His feeble voice echoed throughout the room. “Come in Odessa” said Mr. Hathaway.

I looked around.  Odessa? I cleared my throat

“It’s not Odessa Mr. Hathaway, its Theodora” I said as I walked into his bedroom.

He was in his bed watching the reruns of Davy Crockett I knocked at his door and he invited me in.

“Oh it’s you Theo, How are you doing?” he asked me in his slow voice

. “I’m fine, um... Mr. Hathaway, I have to ask you something about two hours ago you gave me my book that Mrs. Hathaway wanted to read, but in it I noticed there was a drawing of two keys called The Keys of Heaven. I wondered why you put it in there” I said as Mr. Hathaway scratched his head.

“You look just like your mother, Odessa” said Mr. Hathaway.

I looked at him “Who’s Odessa?” I asked him.
He blinked a couple of times. “Oh…It’s you Theodora…Where’s my daughter Odessa?” 

I cleared my throat “Um...She died in a car fire in two-thousand eight.” I replied sympathetically.

He frowned and sighed “Everyone is gone. It’s just me….Fifty-One years of marriage until my wife’s death, had two kids, my daughter is dead and my son John is in Guatemala doing scientific studies for medical cures and doesn’t even know about his mother.”

I frown and sigh. “Mr. Hathaway, I’m sorry for your losses” I stood up, not wanting to ask him again.  Basically he’s going through the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. I waved to him and then left the room, I looked around I didn’t see Pete; he must have left.  I went out the door and closed the door and I left and went home. I lay on the bed looking at the picture. Why did he give this to me? 

Pete texted me and told me that he had to go and pick up his little brother and that is why he left.  I texted back okay and asked him to meet me outside my house. Pete knocked at my window. I walked to my mini-balcony and slid the slide door open and poked Pete’s nose. “So how was insane institution life?” Pete asked me.

I shrugged

“Life; except you’re surrounded by moaning insane people.” I answered. 

“Hey, you know if you need me at any time at any day just call me.” Peter offered. 

I smiled and kissed his cheek “Thanks.” 
Pete was about to climb down but then he looked at me “Uh...Theo...I have to tell you something” Pete said sheepishly.

I heard my mother tell me to come down for dinner and I go to the door

“Could you tell me later? I have to go to dinner.” I said opening the slide open door.  Pete sighed and nodded. “Alright then. Goodnight” Pete says as he climbed down. “Goodnight.” I said and I smiled to myself as I thought about Pete.

As I slept I heard pounding of the window I jolted up awake I saw nothing there so, it must have been the wind I laid back down and went back to sleep.  Meanwhile I felt something tug on my hair and I frapped it away sleepily.
Hollie sighed and whispered in my ear

“Theodora. Theodora Elizabeth Margret-Rose Wilmot” Hollie hummed in a sing song voice as I twisted and turned hearing something or someone say my name but no-one where there. 
My alarm clock woke me up three hours later, I slowly got out of bed, and thankfully today we had off because of the teachers meeting.  After my shower I put on my clothes and went to go down to breakfast.  Joslyn pushed me out of the way and towards the wall of the connected land of the steps.

“Hey! Watch out” I warned her as she ran down the steps.
I sighed and shook my head then went down the steps. As I went in the kitchen my mother was putting the cheese on the grits.  I sat on the chair.

“Morning Theodora and Joslyn” Greeted my dad as he came in the kitchen with the Nashville Times newspaper.

My mom putting the eggs, cheese grits and bacon on the plate for Joslyn then one for me and for dad, I stared at my food distant, I couldn’t get the person’s voice out of my mind I kept hearing a girl call my name like for desperation or something.

“Is something wrong Theodora?” my mother questioned me. 

My head quickly looked up “No. Nothing mom” I lied as I picked up my fork and started to eat. 

Later on that day, I was getting pyramid from the stables I looked into Sonya’s old stable I looked on the Riders of the past wall inside the stable  “Hollie Farmer” I said to myself. The name rang a bell so did her face but I did not know where I knew her from; probably around the meadow. I stared at the picture of the girl. I took pyramid outside and I mounted on him and started riding him around the meadow. 

“Theodora! Theodora Elizabeth Margaret-Rose Wilmot” I heard, I looked around no one was there; I shook my head and continued riding.  I put my thoughts on to the drawing again.  

“Maybe I should go and visit Mr. Hathaway” I thought again.  I went back to the stables and put pyramid back into the stables and went back to the house to change my clothes.

I walked up to Mr. Hathaway’s house I knocked on the door but his son John answered the door.

“Um is Mr. Hathaway here?” I asked then continued “I want to ask him a few questions.”

He looked as if he was tired and crying. 

“My father isn’t home. He’s in Immaculate Hospital on Redford Avenue” He sobbed tucking the tissues in his pocket.

“What happened to him?” I asked him. 
He sniffed “He’s slowly dying” I was about to turn to leave but then I looked at John.

“Has he ever said anything about this?” I questioned him taking out the picture and giving it to him.  John’s facial response was clearer than his words that came out of his mouth.

“Um-I uh, don’t know what this means. I’m sorry.” He said giving me back the picture as fast as he could.  Before I could ask him he slams the door in front of my face.  I went back home to get my scooter bike and went to Immaculate Hospital, I parked my bike infront of the building then I walked into the hospital and walked to the information desk. 

“Hello, I’m here to see Mr. Albert Hathaway” I told the secretary behind the desk.

She looked up from her crossword puzzle which she was hiding under her real work.

“Are you a family member?” She asked me and I nodded, lying.

“What relation?” she glanced at me. I thought and then looked at her

“Great granddaughter” I replied.

She told me his hospital room number and went to the 4th floor which was the floor of the dying patients or very intensive care patients.

I went to room three hundred one, and knocked on the door.

“Mr. Hathaway?” I called as I slowly went in.

Mr. Hathaway’s feeble face looked at me; he really looked like he was at the end of his days. “Oh…Theodora, come in” he greeted incapacitated. I walked by his side.

“How are you feeling?” I asked him  
He gave me a gentle smile “Well in sometime I’ll be with my wife and daughter.”

I nodded and took out the picture. “The other week, you gave me this picture. What does it mean?” I asked as I showed him the picture.

“Those are the keys of heaven. It is your birth right to help the clouds of peace called heaven” he whispered.

I looked at him curiously.
My birth right? I cleared my throat and looked at him “Who is Hollie Farmer?” I asked him.

“She was your best friend who died.  Ask your parents of her, they’ll tell you.

” He said then continued “You’re the only one who can save earth and Heaven from Eclipse Do Diabo” He concluded then took his last breathe.

“No…Wait Mr. Hathaway! What is Eclipse Do Diabo” I pleaded. 
Touching his pulse on his wrist, I frowned. I went to go get a nurse and she told me to leave; I was going to anyway. 

About four- thirty I went back into the house looking for my mom and dad.
“Mom? Dad? Can I talk to you?” I called.
Mom and Dad came from the basement

“Yes Theodora?” said my mom.

“Who is Hollie Farmer?” I asked them. 

By the stunned look on their faces, I could definitely see the happiness of that question in my dad’s face and the surprised look of my mothers’.

“We don’t know who you’re talking about, Theodora” mother said in a raspy, breathless voice.

“Dad…I need help?” called Joslyn.
My dad went upstairs thus leaving me with my mother.

“You know who I’m talking about mother or you wouldn’t have asked me when I came back and I quote “Do you remember Hollie?’”   

The look of my mother was priceless she was so close to snapping that she broke the pencil she was holding.

“Hollie was a figment of your imagination which was out of your mind the first day of the therapy.” She said as she threw away the pencil.

“Was she my friend?” I asked her.

She looked at me again a small smile on her face. “No.” 
I nodded and then went upstairs, not

really wanting to get more into this with her. I went to my dad but before I could say anything, he grabbed my wrist and took me to the attic so my mother wouldn’t hear. “Your mother is lying to you.  Hollie and you were best friends seven years ago.  She died of a hit and run in two thousand eleven.  After her funeral, you had visions of her that is why you were in the asylum.”  Hollie’s appearance returned to my mind. I knew who she was now. 

I looked at dad “Why did mom lie to me about not being friends with her?” I asked him.

“I’m not sure. But I would keep the Hollie thing to a down low or she might take you to the Bakersfield lunatic Asylum that is where your mother thought of taking you the last time.”

“Why didn’t you stop her?” I asked
“At the time- I thought you were a bit barking mad, myself. But I was wrong; I don’t want you to go back to being isolated with the mad people that are in there.” 

I nodded. “Mr. Hathaway died today” I said trying to change the subject. 
He frowned and nodded.
I went to call Kyle maybe he could help me.

“Hey Kyle, I need your help” I told him what had happened. 

“What is Eclipse do diabo?” I asked him.
“It means the devils eclipse” he explained.

“Well Look it up and tell me what the origin” I told him. 

“Eclipse do diabo or The eclipse of the devil is a legend that every 50 years on Halloween night, a descendant from hell would take a box to a special cemetery and every near death soul and angel would be trapped in there until the box holder puts the box in the ground and every soul is loosen into hell.” Kyle reads off of the internet and to me. The only person who can save the souls from hell is called the key Keeper.  The key keeper is rumored to have been selected by Saint Peter himself, when the time is come the named ‘key keeper’ has a prophecy connected to his or her life. The prophecy is called the prophecy of Peter” He said.

“Thanks Kyle.” I hung up.

About an hour later the phone rang again and my mother told me that Mr. John wanted me to help him in the attic in Mr. Hathaway’s house so I took out my bike again, and went to the house.  Mr. Hathaway’s wife’s Seeing Eye dog who was licking herself spotted me and chased me up until I went into the house.

“Theodora?” called John.
“Yes?”
  “I’m up here in the attic, the stairs are inside the walk in closet in the living room” he told me.
Wow, the walk in closet was gigantic, I walked up the stairs everything was cluttered and stacked also dusty.
  “Hey Theodora, thanks for helping me. Start over there by the bookcase please” John replied.
I nodded and started on the side of him and I stood on a step stool to get the boxes from the top. I picked up the box on top and I opened it, there I saw a bible, a 1920’s English book and a diary.  I blew the dust off and it said: Belongs to Rebecca Rosario Ravalli’ on the front
“That was my mother’s; my sister Odessa always had interest in mother’s diary. Heaven knows why” John said as he put a broken lamp in the trash bag.
I nodded as I put the box in the middle of the floor where the rest of the keep boxes were.  After the attic was cleaned, I went back on the bike and I went inside the house then I went into my room. I looked on the desk and a note was there. I’m Here~ Hollie  I looked around and I looked on the back ; it said: Close your eyes and whisper ‘Believe’  I did what it said and I saw a little girl with red hair she smiled at me and touched my arm. I could actually feel it.

“Hollie?” I asked in a raspy breathe of memories came back into my mind.

“Hey Theodora.”  She hugged me.

“I can actually see you -Again.” I said smiling.  My mother passed my door as I was talking to what she saw was myself.   I hugged Hollie again as my mother tapped her foot impatiently.

“Theodora, may I speak to you?” she asked. 

I walked to her

“You can see Hollie again?” she asked.
I hesitated to say yes but to also say no.

“Maybe” I mumbled. 

I saw my mother’s expression grow deeper she picked up the phone and went downstairs with the yellow pages. 
Hollie looked at me “Theodora! I have to tell you something. You’re the key keeper” She informed me. 

My jaw dropped “I’m-..I’m what?  No. I can’t be the key keeper.” I protested. 
She nods “But you are. You have to save heaven right before Eclipse do diabo or all of the angels from heaven and the dying souls from earth will be in the box of hell”. 

I sat down as she took the picture of

the keys of heaven

“Why didn’t you try to tell me this seven years ago?”  

“I didn’t know maybe because you wouldn’t listen to a word I said, seven years ago” She reminded me. 

“THEODORA?” called my father,

I came downstairs. Two men wearing white nurse garbs grabbed me and I tried to fight

“Let me go!”  I look at my parents

“I’m sorry Theodora but you have to go back to the asylum but it’s not the same asylum.  You’re going to stay at Bakersfield Hall Lunatic Asylum. Obviously there is something still wrong with you, Theodora and I am not going to put up with these crazy antics anymore. I had to go through it with your late father and I am not! Going to put it up with you” My mother said sternly. 

“I’M NOT CRAZY!” I hollered out as they

took me into the ambulance. I looked out the window and frowned as the car drove off very far away from Sherrywood. 

I was being walked in the asylum, Head superior Elma Candace Kenneth looked at me and took me right into a patient room, she gave me a robe and I put it on.  I just sat on the bed wondering what my father did that made my mother say that.

“Come on.” Said the nurse

I got up and walked with her.

“The first thing we do to patients when they first come is give them our ‘medical’ procedure” She said a bit insanely.

I looked at her uneasily as she took me into a laid back chair. I sat in it and the doctor of the institution, Doctor Parks walked into the room with an oxygen tank which I hoped he wasn’t going to put on me but he did.  He then put ear muff designed shock therapy stethoscope on my head which was connected to what looked like a broken box that was from the Power plant right next to the institution.  I looked at what he was doing; I quickly closed my eyes in fear as he put on the shockwave box.  Electric shockwaves shook inside my body jolting, feeling as if I was in a seizure state. Ten minutes later Doctor Parks turned it off the nurse helped me to sit up.

“Why do you-“I could hardly make the sentence out “do that?” I continued the question.

The nurse helped me standup
“We do that just in case of any unknown causes are in the patient we need to get out of the person.” She said.
I went back to what I call a prison cell.  

As I sat down, Hollie looked at me.
“It’s my fault.” Hollie said.
I shook my head “Not this time. It’s mine. I should have lowered my voice a bit so my mom wouldn’t have heard me.” I replied as I slowly fell to sleep.  
In the middle of the night, Hollie woke me up,

I looked at her sleepily.
“Theodora! Wake Up! Seriously.  I have to tell you something it’s really important” she said shaking me.  “Okay well what is it?” I asked her.

“One of the imps took the key of heaven! Now none of the new angels or I can go back into heaven. We’re trapped until after Halloween.” She exclaimed. I frown

“What can I do? I’m stuck here” I said lying back down. 

“That’s the thing; we have to come up with an escape plan because the imp is going to pose as a human being. We don’t know what he’ll look like but all we know is that it’s up to you to save the souls and angels before the eclipse.” Hollie said.

I frown and nodded. 

A woman from a cell across from me put her face to the small bars of the air cube in the door.

“Hey! Looking for a way out of here? Meet me tomorrow when they take us out for fresh air. I’ll show you a way out” said the woman.

Not really trusting her I still nodded. What do I have to loose although if I knew her reason being in this hole would be at least somewhat comforting. But perhaps she does have a way out of this asylum. I just need a plan and a backup plan.

As the rain drops hit the windows of the asylum, the lights flicker in and out of the room I’m sleeping in.  I couldn’t stay asleep just wondering how I could break out of the asylum. I guess the woman across from me will tell me, but there’s something that is telling me that there’s a catch.    After I got my final four hours of sleep I heard the asylum nuns waking up the other ‘inmates’ as they would call them. 

The nuns immediately took everyone down to the cafeteria and then after that as if we had a choice they would take us to the asylum prayer rooms, everyone in a different room.

I was on my knees looking at the statue of Christ on the cross, I sighed and folded my hands in the prayer position and I looked it the statue.  “Lord, please give me a sign of what I’m supposed to do with this key holder or something. At least answer me this why did saint peter pick me?” I sighed again.

An hour later, they put us back into the indoor yard; I looked around looking for the woman who was in the other ‘cell’.  I saw her sitting next to the sound alarm system I walked to her and sat next to her.

“So let me guess, you want to help me break out?” I asked her in a whisper and she nodded

“But I’ll help you in one condition; let me tag along and come with you” she said in a whisper.

I sighed and thought and then nodded “Fine. So how are we supposed to get out of this place?” I replied.  “When the nurses come to take us back to our cells, you and I step out of the lines and go right into the head superior’s prayer room and office.” She said as I nodded.

“What’s your name? I forgot to ask” I replied. 
“Genevieve but call me Genie” she said. I nodded

“I’m Theodora. So why are you in here?” I replied. 

She looked at me and sighed “I hallucinate from time to time; my parents thought I was crazy so 9 years ago, they sent me here.”

When the nurses came to get everyone to put us in our cell, Genie and I slid out of the way of the others once we walked near where head superior Kenneth’s office was then Genie and I slid into the office. Everything was set up like an office in an employment office in a convent style room.

“I heard from some other asylum mates that Head superior Kenneth had a passage way behind one of the religious statues. But when Head superior Kenneth caught them she sent them to the electric chamber” Genie said as she went through the drawers while I went through the wardrobe and behind it
“What’s the electric chamber?” I asked her.

“It’s a really big chamber in the basement. It’s like the electric chair but worse. You’re in those electric chains for a really long time until you either scream in pain or die. I was almost in one of those but Head Superior was kind enough to let it slide…that time”  
I listened to her as I crawled on the floor looking for trap doors and once she described the electric chamber I looked at her uneasily, and then I continued to look around.

“Do you happen to know if there’s any tales about a trap door or something that leads to the passage ways?” I asked.

Ignoring my question Genie was memorized by a button that was camouflaged on the cross statue hanging above the bed. Slowly reaching and putting her hand on the button she pressed it and the bed moved and the floor under the bed moved just as the bed did. Stairways unraveled itself.  A smile grew on Genie and I’s faces we were about to leave this place for good.

“Come this way Mr. Powers, I’ll read your resume and interview you in here” said Head Superior Kenneth who was in the hallway. Genie and I pushed the bed back and hid in the closet, hoping she didn’t hear us.

As Head Superior Kenneth was interviewing the man, I backed up into the wall and it opened. Another passage way, I tapped Genie on the shoulder and we went down the staircase and it led us to a room that had a door on the other side for some reason it seemed too easy

“We made it” Genie said

Then going to the door and opening it and I followed her out. The birds chirped and the bees buzzed, we were outside…or so we thought. “You two shouldn’t be here” Announced a voice. We looked above is in the left corner of the room, it was Doctor Campbell’s assistant and a practicing nun who worked in the asylum, Nina Palmers; we were caught.
Getting thrown into the Electric chamber, two of the workers chained me against the metal coil covered walls which made the sting of the electricity shocks worse.  Now how am I supposed to get out of here? 

Two weeks later, I screamed in pain way to many times that the workers took me out of the chamber and put me back into the confinement room I was sleeping in.  I shook around, and looked across into the other room. No genie. I wonder what happened. 

Pushing that thought to the back of my mind, I now start to wonder if I could somehow get outside help. Maybe from Pete, but I would have to sneak into Head Superior Kenneth’s office again and use the phone.

A plan was forming in my mind and the same plan that Genie and I used but instead of going into the prayer room and sneaking into the office when the workers got us from the inside outside fresh air time and went through the office then. I was going to sneak in the office on the way to the prayer room. I just hope that No-one doesn’t see me and by no-one I mean Nina.

I snuck out of prayer time that Thursday and I snuck into Kenneth’s office and I took the cordless phone then I hid in her closet and I called Pete.

“Hello?” answered Pete.

“Pete, it’s me Theodora. I need your help.” I replied.

“Theo? Wassup?” 

I rolled my eyes

“Not right now Pete. I seriously need your help. I’m in an asylum again and I need your help breaking out. I’m in Bakersfield Hall Lunatic Asylum it’s on Cosgrove Avenue.” 

“Alright. I’ll get my dad’s tool box and I’ll break you out.” He said. 

“Okay. The windows have the numbers of the cells. Mine is 312. “I said then I heard footsteps and voices outside of the office.

“Got to go.  Remember break me out at midnight” I hung up and crawled to the cross and I pushed the button on Jesus’s feet. The bed and floor unraveled and stairs unfolded. I went down the stairs then pressing a button on the wall of the passage way.  The passage way lead me to the prayer room I was in before, the wall opened and I saw the door knob turning. I quickly jumped onto the kneeling cushion and my hands in the praying position.  

The door opened and it was Head superior’s assistant Jessica and the rest of the asylum mates behind her. She grabbed me and put me into the line and everyone was put back into their asylum cells. 

Waiting hours end until 12:00.  When I checked my watch it was 6:00, it was almost dinner time and the nuns were probably on their way to get us.  I sighed as I looked out the window and look at the dreary, rainy evening. When we got to the dinner room, we prayed then ate.  As I ate, I heard a person say Genie’s name. 

“Yeah, I heard that the electric chamber was so bad that she died…Although that maybe of speculation” said the person.  The mute cellmate next to the person nodded clapping in response.  After dinner, the Nuns took everyone back to the cells. 

I just stayed sat up, I then ripped the bed and took my clothes that I came here with and I hid it under my pillow until Pete came. 

It was half past twelve when I checked my watch, Pete still wasn’t here. I sighed and fell asleep.  As I dreamt, I heard someone in a red hood and a box was in the middle of the circle the person put a key over the box.  The person was saying something in Portuguese. I took out my phone and recorded what they said and they said

"With the light of the heaven key, the soul of this grave let live thee."   I slowly backed up then, I heard a tapping noise.  I woke up and Pete was at the window with a hammer.  I collected my clothes and put them on while he was getting ready to break the window glass; he did just that. 

With one single hard hit with the jackhammer the glass broke and Pete pulled me out, the sirens went off and Pete and I ran to his pickup truck and got in. He put his key in the ignition and drove off like a wild maniac until we got on to the highway.

“Woo! That was close.” I said strapping in the seatbelt.

“Yeah, why were you in there?” Pete asked me. 
I sighed and told him what had happened during the seven years.   Once the car stopped at a stop light, Pete looked at me

“So…You’ve been haunted by your best friend because you have to save the world and heaven before Halloween which is coming up in two weeks?”
I nodded looking at Pete’s brown eyes. My phone then rang it was Kyle who was now sixteen. 

“Hey Kyle” I said over the phone.

“Hey Theo, I was looking up more on the devil’s eclipse. It says right before the whole spirit transition is in process, two other demons form a triangle with the one who collects the soul in the box. Before the souls are in the box, the box is in the middle of the triangle as the three imps chant some sort of ritual code in Portuguese.”

My Dream; I had a feeling that I should go home as if something was waiting for me.

“I’ll call you back Kyle” I said then I hung up and look at Pete.

“Take me home please. Oh do you have your dad’s ladder with you?” I asked him.

He looked at me as if I was crazy
“Uh yeah.” He made a U-turn and in fifteen minutes he had stopped in the back of my house. He helped me put the ladder up, and I climbed on it and through my room balcony and through my slide-open-door. I looked around and I saw a diary which had on the front R.R.R.

“Rebecca Rosario Ravalli” I muttered as I picked up the diary. 

“You’re welcome” Hollie said with folded arms and a-know-it-all tone.

“What?” I looked at her not knowing what she meant.

Hollie nodded at the diary.
“Oh. You got this? But how?” I asked her.

“Mrs. Hathaway helped me.” Hollie replied.

I nodded then I picked up my book bag and put all of my clothes in it and then I climbed down the ladder and helped Pete with the ladder putting back in the pickup. 

“You can stay with me. I graduated last year and I rented an apartment.” Pete offered.

“That would be amazing thank you.” I smiled at him as he drove.

I fell asleep in the car when he parked in the parking lot. Not wanting to wake me, Pete picked me up and took me to his apartment and sat me on the couch. I felt my hair bang being brushed to the side of my head and lip contact on the side of my head; I smiled. 

I woke up and it was 7:15 in the morning, I was in an apartment which was colored peach the family pictures were hung up and flat screen was on the wall. It seemed like a casino’s shark bachelor pad only it was on the suburbs of Memphis.  I sat up and looked around then picked up the diary and opened it.

A note fell out, I picked it up and opened it and it said “Go to Page 45” I skid through the pages until I got to page 45.  Once I turned to the page I read it. 
“Dear Diary, It’s now October 28th 1941, I feel very nervous because I just found out that I have to fight demons of the underworld or aka Hell. Its two days before All Hallows eve, my mom and dad took my uncle to New York and left me here with my great grandmother who was telling me ancient tales of her childhood. I found out that she was a key holder as well; she just said that I have to get the Chalice that Jesus used at the last supper which is in the Museum of the Living Bible and Holy water.”    I turned the page and it was blank. The rest of it was blank until I got to page 205 and it said 
“Dear diary, it’s June 15th 1975, I just came home from my daughter’s funeral, I had been a sobbing mess ever since the car fire and when I found out she had passed. The service was very nice and I know that I’ll see her someday. Her son Ethan who was five kept telling me that he wanted his mama, I had to give him to John and Ethan stayed still. I will really miss my Odessa.”  I turned the page and it said
“Dear Diary, its September 12th 1999, my grandson Ethan and his wife Mary-Beth Cooper or now Wilmot, just had a child a girl they named her Theodora. Theodora’s a healthy little girl who looks like she’ll be a happy go lucky kid. I just know that she’ll be a key keeper. I just can wait the day she’ll be known of that” 
I stared at the diary.  Mr. Hathaway and Mrs. Hathaway are my great grandparents? Mrs. Hathaway was a key keeper? Questions filled up my brain as I turned to the next page.
“Dear Diary, it’s May 25th 2002 and Ethan is going out to the military in Afghanistan. I’ll miss him very dearly and pray for his safety and that he makes it home for Christmas”.  I turned the next page
“December 21st 2004, today was a very tearful day, its two days before Christmas and Mary-Beth had called me about an hour ago and told me that Ethan had died by getting shot on his way home from Afghanistan.  But on the Brightside, Mary-Beth’s little son Kyle has started talking.” 
   I sighed and I got up putting the diary down and then I went to the other side of the room and knocked on his bedroom door.
“Hey, I’m going to use the shower alright?” I told him
Pete grunted and got up and opened the door, with his brown hair which was unruly and a gym shirt on and sweat-shorts on, he nodded and gave me the towel and wash cloth and I took a shower. Fifteen minutes later, I went into a spare room and got dressed.  I saw Pete who was also dressed in the kitchen near the patio/terrace. I took out some fruity flakes and ate them.
  “So did you read the diary?” Pete asked.
“Yeah…I found some interesting stuff in there. Including ways to defeat the demons all we need is holy water from the church and we have to break into a museum.”
  Peter almost spat out his orange juice. “We-..We what?” 
“That’s the only way to get the chalice that Jesus used at the last supper. Read in the diary page 45...but nothing more”
He got up and picked up the diary and started reading it.
“Whoa…Alright then…We have to break into a museum. Luckily for you, I know a guy who works there and can get us there easily. He owes me a favor anyway.”
Pete replied as he sat back into the chair.
  I nodded
“Alright then. Let’s rob a museum.” 
Pete and I shook hands but then I notice him studying my face.
“What?” I asked him
“Oh…nothing”
   I smiled and got up to put the dishes in the dish washer.
“I’ll do it Theodora” Pete offered and taking the bowl and cup from my hand. 

“I’ll give him a call” Said Pete as he washed the dishes.
I put the diary in my bag. Pete picked up the phone and called a number.
“Hey Drake” Said Pete as he walked to his room.
Twenty minutes later, Pete came from his room and put the phone on the hook.
  “He said that he’ll help us get in after hours but he wants fifty dollars” Pete said to me as he leaned back into the wall. I looked at him.
  “Fifty dollars for what?” 
“Drake likes to blackmail. Fifty dollars each so he can keep his mouth shut.” Pete said as he walked to sit down next to me.
“I don’t have fifty dollars.” I reached in my bag “I only have three dollars and I think that’s a piece of black lint.” I felt the black lint move and I squashed it on to the coffee table. “By a piece of black lint I meant an ant.” I wiped my hand off.
“It’s okay; you don’t have to give him the fifty bucks. I’ll just somehow give him another fifty dollars” Pete says then he picked up the diary and looked at me
“You have to get the same chalice that Jesus used huh?”
I nodded “And Holy water.” I replied.
“Don’t tell me we have to steal that from the museum too!” Pete joked.
I stuck my tongue out and chuckled.   
Pete’s phone rang He picked up the phone then a minute later put it down.
“Hey Theodora, Drake said that there closing in 45 minutes. When are we leaving?” He walked onto the terrace where I was still re-reading the diary.
“Oh, Alright let’s go now” I put the diary in my book bag and put it on me and Pete and I got into the pickup truck.   I picked up the diary again, trying to look for more clues but it seemed like after my dad’s death she stopped writing.
  “Are you Okay? You seem really manifested in the diary” Pete replied to me.
I looked up and smiled. “Yeah I’m fine.”
When we got there, Pete parked in the back of the museum where Drake was waiting for us.  Drake looked so familiar, with his low cut hair and his small nose ring and he looked like he took 10 years of gym weights.  AHA! I know him; He’s the same guy who bullied me and Hollie before Hollie died.
  “Do you have the fifty dollars?” Drake asked Pete. 
“Yes. But Theodora doesn’t have any-“
“Wait, Theodora?”
Drake looked at me “Your last name isn’t Wilmot is it?”
I nodded “Yeah, and your Drake Sanchez my child-hood bully.” I replied flatly.
Drake nodded then he put his security guard work code into the identifier then the door opened. 
Drake led Pete and I to the second floor of the museum, Drake unlocked and lifted the glass top of the gold beaten up dusty chalice and He gave the chalice to me and I put it in the book bag
“Thanks Drake.” Pete said.
  “Don’t mention it…Really, don’t mention it. You’re lucky you called me before hand or my boss would have told me to put this stuff in the basement for the temporary recall of the Last supper exhibit. I need that back by the way after Halloween” He said as he put the Top back on and pushed a button on the bottom of it and it was a hologram of a chalice.  Pete and I left, when we got to the car, I saw Hollie in the trunk of the car and she sat there.
“Oooh. You like him don’t you?” Hollie teased.
“Shut up!” I said  
Pete looked at me “I didn’t say anything.”
  “I was talking to Hollie” I replied.
Pete nodded and started to drive. 
I got a text 15 minutes later, I opened up my phone and it was a message from John.  It said “Come by my house, I have something to give to you.”
I looked at Pete “Sorry to stop you, but can we make a detour?”
   Pete looked at me then back on the road “Yeah, Where do you need to go?”
  “1818 Roadhouse Avenue” I told him. Pete drove to 1818 Roadhouse Avenue and stopped at the farm.  I got out and knocked on the door.  John opened it and gave a book. It was called “Rituals of Imps of the devil” by Carmelita RM. Ravalli 
“She’s my great great aunt, she too was a Key Keeper” John said
“Thanks. This will help me as well?” I asked him. 
He nodded and I went back to the truck and got in. 
“What’s that?” Pete looked at the book
“It’s another clue for the Eclipse Do Diablo Aka the Devil’s Eclipse.” I told him.
  He nodded and backed into the street and drove to his house. “Anywhere else you need to go?” Pete asked me.   I shook my head no as I opened the book and a paper slid out of it. I opened it and it was a tree. A Family tree of the Ravalli’s and the Hathaway’s and Wilmot, I read it through the generations and I turn it to the back and it said “The Ravalli’s and Wilmot’s are the only Chosen family generation known of.  
Pete looked at it “What’s that?”
“It’s a family tree. My family tree” I replied.
“Oh. Cool.” He parked in the parking space and we got out. I couldn’t stop reading my family tree names from all the way back to thirty-eight AD and the key keeper didn’t start until two centuries later.  As I walked, I didn’t see the wall and Pete moved me and we went up to his apartment. 
“Is it that interesting?” Pete asked me.
“Yeah it is.” I put the paper down and noticed he was staring at me “What?”   “Nothing…Just…Nothing” he looked away I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Thank you for letting me stay here.”  
He blushed, “No problem.” 
I turned to go to change my clothes but then he blurted out.
“Will you go out with me?” 
I turned around. “What?” I asked him in rather shock. 
“W-..Will you go out with me?” He asked again.
  “Um…I’m sorry, Pete. I like you, really I do but just not now okay?” I said.
  He nodded.
  “Right, Okay. Goodnight”
  “Night.”
I went in the other bedroom, and I changed my clothes to Pajamas and I laid in the pull out bed and slept.     As I slept I dreamt that I heard voices that were yelling “help us! Help us!” I found myself in another dream of a sort.  I was all alone and the only thing that I could hear were those screams of help I ran and ran but I kept going around in circles and I saw the moon slowly turn red, and I was in the cemetery again and a woman was holding up the chest of souls.   I hid behind the tomb stone and I watched as souls came into the chest then…..
I woke up then song “Sweet Home Alabama” was playing in the apartment; I got up and sighed as I looked at the chalice that was in my bag. I then went into the living room and saw Pete watching reruns of everybody hates Chris and he was eating eggs.
“Morning, Pete” I greeted with a yawn and ruffled his hair.
  “Hey Theo, have a good night sleep?” He asked me.
I nodded then I looked at him.
“What day is it?”
  “Saturday, October 18th” He answered.
“Alright, we have to get to a church to get Holy water” I told him.
  “From which church, there is a thousand of them in Tennessee” He said
I poured milk into my Oak nuts.  “That’s true.  Hand me the Diary please?” 
Pete got up and gave me the diary. I skid through the diary and but it wasn’t in there.
I looked at him as I put it down “It’s not in there” I looked in the other book and I opened it and searched in it.  “AHA! I found it. The church we have to go to is Our Christ the Redeemer Catholic church.” I told him. 
“Is it in Tennessee?” He asked me.
“I hope so.  Do you have a laptop?” I replied and he pointed to his room, and I went in there and I looked it up.
  “Yep! It’s on Monground Lane” I told him.  Then I walked out of the room and saw him reading the family tree.
  “So the Key keeper skips a Generation?” he asked.
  I nodded as I got the empty carton of milk and put it in my bag and I grabbed my bag.  Later on, He drove us both to Monground Lane where the church was.  I opened up the door and saw no-one in the Sanctuary. I took out the carton and I put some holy water in there. As I walked out I looked back and saw a cemetery, my jaw dropped as I heard the truck horn.
“COME ON!” Pete yelled and I got in the truck.
As I turned to Pete, he kissed me on the nose and I giggled
“Alright! Alright! I’ll go out with you.” I said. 
He smiled “Really?”
  “After Halloween” I added.
    Pete nodded. “Fair enough, Halloween isn’t until in two weeks anyway” He said.
I looked up and glanced at him. “Say what now?” 
“Halloween isn’t until in two weeks. Why, what’s wrong?” he replied and looked at me with concern as he drove.
“Nothing…It’s just I didn’t realize how close it was.” I told him as I got out the Rituals of the Imps of the devil,
I read it more and it said “The key keeper has to pour the water in the chalice then throw the water at the person the imp possessed thus, releasing the imp from the body and killing the possessed person and then the key keeper releases the souls from the chest.  My eye grew wide as I read it. I sighed then shook my head. 
“Pete, I have a problem” I told him.
“Yeah, what’s that?” He asked me. 
“I have to kill somebody when I pour the water in the chalice and I throw it at the person. The imp is going to go back to hell and the person that was possessed is going to die” I told him frowning, Pete frowned as well. 

After we got into the apartment, I put the holy water away in the fridge and I read the diary again. As I opened it, I skimmed the small book; a folded piece of the diary paper was sticking out, I unfolded it and I read it.  “This diary will NOT tell you everything-Carmelita Ravalli” I frowned and turned the back of the page then it said “Go to the State Library and Archives in Nashville Tennessee and read the golden archive binder. Remember you’ll find it where it lies” I tore it out of the diary then I went to Pete who was out on the terrace playing a video game “Pete. Look at this” He put his finger up for me to hold what I was going to say for a minute.  I rolled my eyes and I took the game from his hand and replaced the game with the paper.  
“Hey! I was playing that!” he whined.
I chuckled and pointed to the paper
“Just read” he read it and his eyes widened,
“We’ll go later on, it’s always open 10 am to 10 pm” He told me.
“What time is it?” I asked him.
He looked at his watch “3:30, Now can I have my Nintendo back?” he asked and put his hand out and I gave it to him.
“Boys with their Nintendo’s” I mumbled as I went back inside and took a nap for a few hours.
Three hours later, I felt myself being shaken I woke up and saw Pete.
“Come on sleepy head. We have to go to the State library right?” He mentioned.
  I looked at him and smiled and nodded. Once I put on my sneakers and we went to the state library which was four hours away. When we got there, I unstrapped myself, and got out of the car the same time Pete does.
We walked in and read the library map and we went to the back of the library and tried to open the door to go to the archives but it was locked. 
Pete pointed to the times “Look. The archives are permanently closed how are we going to get in?”
I looked at him with a confused look and just broke the door knob and we slowly went through the door and Pete fixed the knob and locked it. We walked down the stairs and saw isles of large binders that have newspapers galore which went back to the 1830’s.
  I took out the paper and read it. The golden newspaper binder; “Pete! We have the find the golden newspaper binder” I called to him. He looked at me and put away one of the binders.  We looked around the isles, climbed on shelves and climbed on the chairs to look at the binders to find it. It took us almost two hours to search for it.
“Any luck?” Pete asked me as I got down,
I shook my head no. “Maybe it was thrown away or something to make room for the others” I told him pondering where it could be.
  He shrugged. “What was the riddle in the paper?”  
“Remember, you’ll find it where it lies…Find it where it lies…I got it! It has to lie down somewhere for it to be out of the way.” I exclaimed and searched around the room and so did Pete.  I walked around isle Two hundred and fifty and it was rocking, I touched it and it began to rock again. I got down on my knees and noticed a latch that can’t be lifted unless I moved the heavy two story shelf.  I got up and I moved the shelf but it was rocking too much and all of the books fell on top of me and buried me.  
“Theodora!” Pete hollered under the dust and smell of broken wood rubble.
Coughing he pushed the books off of me and the wood and helped me up.
“I’m fine Pete. I’m fine” I reassured him as he helped me up.
“I think I found where it lies” I said c***sure.
Pete bent down and broke the latch and opened it up and It was a rough looking golden book that looked mighty old in the box like hole that says “History of a Key Keeper” I smiled and picked it up.
“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING DOWN HERE?! You’re trespassing!” yelled the librarian.
As she walked down the stairs she saw the book in my hand.
“Put that down and leave please before I call the police” she continued in a threatening voice.
I didn’t put the book down, Pete and I ran to the second exit and went outside then into his car and Pete drove off as the librarian ran after the car.
“You know we broke like ten laws so far?” Pete asked me laughing.
I nodded. “I know.”
I laughed along with him and he kissed me, I kissed back then seeing a red light. I looked up and gasped “PETE!”  Pete slammed on the breaks and almost crashed into a BMW who had four passengers in the car and the driver beeped at us. “You Idiots! Watch where you’re going!” exclaimed the driver then he drove off.  Feeling my heart almost stops then beat again and I shook my head.
“We’ll never do that again” I said chuckling.
Hearing the police siren, Pete drove over to the emergency line.
“Oh damn it.” He mumbled and got out his license and registration. I gave him mine as well then I hid the book in my bag.
“License and registration please” the police asked him.
Pete gave it to him.
“Get out of the car both of you. Pete Collins and Theodora Wilmot you are under arrest.” He asked and we stepped out of the car with our arms behind our backs.
The other cop handcuffed me as the first policeman handcuffed Pete “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the state.” Said the first police man as they put us in the back of the car.  Thankfully I left my bag in Pete’s car. I just hope that the police don’t look in it for evidence.   

The police took us to the police station and put Pete and I in two different cells. The police man came to us “One phone call for both of you”

He unlocked Pete’s cell and Pete walked to the phone but then shook his head “I don’t have anyone to call” he said and the police man put him back in the cell and unlocked my cell and I walked to the phone and picked it up then I called Kyle, knowing he would bail me out somehow.

1830-234-121 I dialed and waited for him to answer.
“Hello?” Kyle answered.
“Hey Kyle, Are you back for vacation yet?” I asked him.
“Yeah I’m staying at mom and Aaron’s house.” He replied.
I watched the police officer walk out of the room and quickly I said into the phone

“Go into dad not Aaron dad, but our birth dad’s old study room and look behind the fifth bookcase and you should see a vault. The codes are 1-8-4-5 then take out all of the money and then come to the police station and bail me and Pete out. Please?”

“Okay, but there’s a problem, I have a driver’s license but no car” He told me.
  I pondered then I remembered about Pete’s car.
“Go to the highway near the state library and you should see, Pete’s car. It’s a pickup truck” I said to him, as the police officer came back.
“What’s the bail?” Kyle asked.
I looked at the police officer. ‘What’s the bail? My brother wants to know.” 
The police look at the papers and looked at me “$ 150,000”.
  My eyes widened and I told Kyle the bail amount.
“I’ll bail you out.” Kyle said and I hang up and the police man puts me back in the cell. I went back to my cell and across from the cell I saw a wanted picture of me and Pete for stealing the chalice. I sighed then looked at Pete
“Do you think Drake told the police about the chalice?” I asked him.
Pete shook his head no.
“Then look at that!” I said pointing to the picture.  Pete groaned.
“50 dollars my a-“the county clock dinged 8:00. 
  Two hours had past and Kyle came into the department with an ID and bail money.
“Hi, I’m here to bail out Peter Collins and Theodora Wilmot” He said to the officer.  The Officer looked up and read his ID and gave it back to him and took the money and he unlocked the cell and we left.  I got in the front seat, and Kyle got into the trunk of the car and Pete got into the driver side. I picked up the bag and read the book as Pete told Kyle why we were arrested. 
The very first Key keeper was Alice Lana Schlough(Pronounced Schloo) who was born 1666 and died 2 days after she defeated the demons in 1692. She lived in Oregon and was a part of hiding the witches in the Salem witch trials. She could detect who was a demon or not, and on the same day her best friend was killed by being drowned in the Lake Erie for being a witch, Alice was fighting the demon which whom possessed Alice’s Sister Rachel and Alice killed Rachel when she threw Holy water on her. Alice had a child, a boy named Seymour. She was 26 when she was murdered in her home by her Best friend’s father who thought that she turned his daughter into the law. A week after her death, she was buried in the Salem Cemetery leaving her son alone raising himself. Even though, the Key Keepers are not immortal only one who was born in 1820 somehow maintained her health and beauty, she is name Miranda Pearson; she had a daughter whose name was Genève or Genie.  Miranda's great great niece is Rebecca Rosario Ravalli who fought her brother Thomas. There are rumors that Miranda Pearson changed her name to her daughter’s name Genie after her daughter Genève died in 1980 at the age of fourteen of Ebola. The rumors are true.
.  I continued to read as Pete dropped off Kyle near our parent’s house and Pete and I went to his apartment, I continued to read when we got into his apartment.  I kept reading as Pete come in the room with Halloween Candy and chewing on a frosty candy mint.
“Is Halloween that close?” I asked. 
Pete nodded. “Yep, every year I hide last year’s candy and leave it out for the trick or treaters the year after.” 
I laughed “Do you at least throw away the candy after Halloween?”  
“Eventually.” He answered then he put the candy down.
I shook my head and stopped reading.  “How far is Halloween?” I asked him.
“Next week.” He answered.
I sigh and nodded and continued reading.
Alice’s grandson, Sage Ivan Schlough who was born 1731 in Beijing, China, where his father Seymour Schlough and mother Hana Schlough (maiden name Zhao-Fong) met and married. When Sage was 18 he fell in love with a girl named Meiying Hashimoto but he kept distance from her when He found out that he was a key keeper. When the day came, he found out that the demon possessed Meiying.  Unable to kill her because of his love for her, he trapped the demon inside the box and the demon let go of Meiying’s body but kept her soul in return of not getting the other souls. Later on he still married a girl from India and had two children with her but he was still deeply in love with Meiying. On the day of Meiying’s birthday or it would have been anyway Sage killed himself leaving a note for his wife and child saying that “I love you both, but I don’t feel like I belonged here anymore. By the time you read this, I will already be drowning in the Hussain Sagar Lake. I hope you forgive me.  Love daddy.”   Years later, Sage’s grand-daughter Zara fought her husband who possessed by a demon and she killed him and the demon went back.
Over the years of the first Dynasty to recently 1986 the main demon who was Satan’s best friend, it was a woman who got killed when the first pharaoh in the dynasty was sacrificing pregnant women to please the Gods but The Pharaoh was actually pleasing the Devil.  

I looked up and saw Pete making a home-made Pizza; I put the book down and rested my eyes for five minutes. I started having this vision of Hollie’s grave, the moon and the box. My eyes opened again and I picked up the binder and skid through it and a newspaper fell out of it. I picked it up and opened it and it said Lieutenant Albert Hathaway was reported injured on the way coming back from Germany. The 25 year old was shot by a Nazi spy who had followed him from Germany to America.     As I read the newspaper, Pete gave me a piece of pizza. I pushed it to the side as I was reading.   Lieutenant Hathaway is recovering in Immaculate Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.  I put the newspaper down and I ate my pizza; after dinner I was sketching my visions all of them three papers long.
“What’cha got there?” Pete Asked me. 
“I’m drawing my visions and dreams…Some of them don’t make sense.” I replied as I drew the moon and the Graveyard.
I pinned the other drawings to the wall and Pete looked at them as if he was in an art Gallery.
“This is like a puzzle isn’t it?” He asked me.
I looked at him “DUH! I mean, I know what’s going to happen but what I don’t get is, who is the imp going to possess and what will happen if I don’t succeed.” 
Pete looked at me then he picked up the book and started to read out loud The Rituals of the Imps of Hell and looked at the Contents and went to the 30th page: The Aftermath: “If the Key Keeper fails to defeat the chosen Imp from hell, then the souls of the universe as well as the guardian Angels get sucked into the Box of Hell and there is no more of Man Kind on Earth.   The Chosen imp including his two followers has to hold each other’s hands in a form of the shape of a Triangle and the box of hell appears In front of them in the middle of the triangle.  The reason that the Imp steals the key of heaven is because the key is also the key to unlock the box of hell and without the key the angels can’t get in or out.”         
As I was drawing a tombstone and moon I stopped and looked at Pete
“Well no pressure” I said sarcastically and I turned back to my drawing.
Pete helped me and he put my drawings on the wall in order.  By the seventh dream sketch we were done.  I tried to put it all together
“I get how everything is connected but here’s the thing I don’t get. Whose tombstone is that?” I asked pointing to the tomb stone in the last picture.
Pete shrugged “I’m not sure.”   Four hours later I was still staring at the picture and Pete was taking the casserole out of the oven. “You hungry?” He asked.   I looked at him and nodded and I went over to the counter and sat down on the chair and we ate.  “Hey….What was your favorite Halloween moment?” I asked him.  He looked at me “I don’t like Halloween all that much anymore.” He said.  “Why?”   “It was 2013; my dad was taking my little sisters; Nicolette and Sofia to get Halloween candy. Sofia wouldn’t stay with my dad and when she crossed the street, a guy tried to lure her into an alleyway, my dad picked her up and he warned the guy to stay away but the guy felt threatened and he shot him…My dad was supposed to be going back to Islam but instead he died.” He said sadly, trying to hold back tears. I hugged Pete and I sigh “I know how you feel. My dad died too…my birth dad.”  I went back to eating and after I ate, I continued to read the archives. 

The wind was brushing against my face as I was plummeting 150 feet of ground…Was this a dream? I hope so. What was I doing falling in the air? Was a trying to commit Suicide or was I just trying to see if I could fly without wings…and dying. I don’t remember pushing myself off a roof or window or bridge or whatever. I just found myself in the air, falling.  As I was falling I felt freer than ever. Away from this Key Keeper Title I now have to carry until my kids have kids.  Though I know the only place I feel myself is or was my room. Now I live in an Apartment with my friend Peter or Pete Isaac Collins who had been my friend since the first day of Saint John’s middle school.   I opened my eyes as I was falling, I felt a crash. I was on top of a building top, face first on the granite covered roof.  I didn’t feel pain…in fact I felt…more so….like a bed of cotton or feathers. I looked around my surroundings and I was still on top of a roof - But a cloudy roof.   I was in heaven now…I suppose.   I saw a gate, a golden gate to be exact. I looked through the bars and a saw people with wings but it looked like the wings were fading…almost deteriorating.   I tried opening the gates but I saw a key lock…There was no key.  I sighed and tried climbing through but I couldn’t.   I looked down from the clouds and saw the moon turn red.  My mouth dropped as I saw it. Then……

I woke up to the sound of Shakira’s song ‘Hips Don’t lie’.  I slowly sat up and trudged to the bathroom. Pete was dancing to the song in his sweatpants and gym shirt.  I washed up and covered myself with the towel. I glanced at Pete who was trying to break dance but ended up doing the worm which I thought was a little bit funny. 

I stifled a chortle “What day is it?” I asked him.  He looked at me embarrassed that I saw him dance “Uh…October 28th” he replied.  Two days until the devil’s eclipse.
I nodded as my stomach started to ache as I walked to the kitchen to get a breakfast fiber bar. I thought being hungry was the reason for my stomach to hurt, but then I started to get sweaty palms and sweat on my forehead. I was nervous; I hated being nervous which meant that my eyes would be blurred in tears even if I wasn’t crying, sweaty Palms and sweaty forehead and jumbled vocabulary. 

Pete turned off the music because of his neighbor who lived right under him was hitting the ceiling with a broomstick and yelling in Greek.  “Alright! Alright! Mr. Matthias.” Pete yelled and stomped back at the broomstick sound then he strolled over to the kitchen. “Mr. Matthias always complains about the music.” He told me as he reached to get the cereal

“Want some cereal?” he asks then he looked at me closely. “Are you okay?” he asked as a tear ran down my cheek. “You’re crying” he added.   

I shook my head violently and wiped my eyes with my sweaty palms “I’m- I’m fine. I’m just a bit nervous” I wiped the sweat on a piece of paper towel.  “Where’s the archive book?” I asked him, I didn’t see it on the coffee table.  “It’s in my room; I was taking a look at it.” Pete replied before he put a spoon of cereal in his mouth.   I went into Pete’s room, and grabbed the book I then looked around the room as I noticed a picture on Pete’s side table and it was a picture of him as a six year old and his mom who has brown hair and freckles and his dad which whom Pete inherited his 6 feet and 9 inches height.

I smiled and left his room and went into mine. I lied on my bed and read more of the Key Keeper lives.
  A few minutes past, I saw Pete who was leaning on the door frame. I glanced at him and smiled then I continued to read.  “Let me….let me take you out just for today.” He proposed. I looked at him and chuckled “What do you mean?”   “I mean, let me take you out on a pre-date.” He says with a smile of hope.  I shook my head “I don’t know….” I looked up in the cracked ceiling and Pete got on his knees at the bed and begged like a dog.  I sighed in surrendering and said in a joke tone of voice “Alright fine! Little puppy, I’ll go on a pre-date with you today.” Pete smiled at me and I kissed his cheek and got up and put on my black and white stripped dress. “So where exactly are we going?” I asked him.  He chuckled as he shoved something in his pocket “I’ll show you…I have a list planned.” He said as he combed his wavy brown hair on to the left side. I grabbed my purse and Pete grabbed duct tape as we head out the door.

We decided to walk this time instead of taking the pickup truck. A biker who lives across the street’s son likes to poke holes in people’s car tires. Pete’s pickup truck was his target for the night.  Pete looked at his tire before we left out of the parking lot.  “Damn Sanjay Pazziti” he cursed and taped the holes in the tires. 

After He taped the tires, we left and walked into the city.  It took us almost a half hour to get there, although while we were walking Pete told me what I had missed in middle school.  I told him that I had to take classes online when I could since I was sort of mentally stabled to handle a laptop.  Pete nodded. 

“What’s your favorite Holiday?” Pete asked me.  I thought and looked at him “It’s a tie between Valentine’s day and Christmas.”  I continued to look at his brown eyes “Yours?” He looked at me and smiled “Same for the exception of Halloween”.  I nodded and I looked at my phone; It was 11:55 am. 

I put it away and Pete grasped my hand as I took it out of my pocket.  I glanced at his hand then studied his face; he smiled at me then he stopped walking and so did I.  I started to look deeper in his eyes, I felt like my heart was heavy, I was breathing fast when I saw him and I…felt like I could not not be without him.  I don’t know what this feeling is yet - but I hope its love.

Pete was staring at me; I looked at him “What?” I asked him lowering my head a bit.  “It’s just that your eyes…” He lifted my head up again and smiled.  I smiled as well “What about them?” I asked with a raised eyebrow,   “It’s just that their so beautiful.” He said then before I could answer with a thank you, He kissed me on the lips.  I didn’t pull away this time, I kept it.  Feeling his soft lips on my soft upper lip and crusty bottom lip, His hands were still holding mine but it moved to my back and my arms moved up to behind his neck, I felt my arms get Goosebumps; I felt the hair on Pete’s neck stand.  Seconds past and we finally broke away, I smiled and nodded “Thank you, for the compliment…and my first kiss” I said, as we started to walk again swinging his hand back and forth through the air. 

Pete looked at what he had in his pocket which is a ticket to go see The Phantom of the Opera at the Theatre, Pete took it out “Want to go see this?” he asked me showing the ticket. I always liked the story of The Phantom of the opera and I never saw it on stage so I nodded.

“Sure” I replied as we continued walking.  We got where Pete took me to but he made me close my eyes. “Okay…Getting warmer…” Pete said as he guided me to where we were going.  I was really confused but I let him take me where he wanted me to go.  “Okay, Here.” He said, I opened my eyes and I saw my horse Pyramid. My jaw dropped and I hugged around his neck, I thought my mom gave him to the glue factory.

“I missed you Buddy!” I said against his mane, He neighed in response.  I looked at Pete “Was he still in the barn?” I asked him.  “No…He was about to be sent to some racer but I didn’t see him around and I just took him.” He said.  I stared at him “You took him…You mean you stole him” I corrected him.  He nodded “More or less”.  I sighed and just hugged Pyramid.  

“Hey! That’s my horse” hollered a tall thin man around the age of 29 or 36 with hair that was flatten out and facial hair that made him look like a tree chopper or Daniel Boone. “I’m supposed to take him to work” He snarled.  I noticed the way he talked. I shook my head “No. This is my horse; I even have the adoption papers…” I said though I was bluffing even though I hoped that my mom didn’t take the papers out from under Pyramid’s saddle; I always kept it under there, just in case I lost the original copy in the house which two months later, I did.  

The man cleared his throat and he tried not to get angry, He looked like a man who didn’t have much patience.  “I own the horse. That horse is going to get me to the Tennessee Racing competition that horse will be the only Thoroughbred and according to his records, it’s a great racing horse.” He said with a much strained angry tone.  My eyebrow raised and I shook my head as I gripped Pyramid’s reign rope. “Pyramid’s my horse! And I’m taking him with me.” I said. I saw the vain pop in his forehead as he got even angrier. He stomped towards to me and gripped my arm in his hand squeezing my arm about to push me away from Pyramid. 

WHACK!  

The man was on the ground Pete was mounded on top of him and with a swift punch to the jaw and kick to the ribs and stomach.  Pete stomped on the man’s chest and other parts of him.  I tried to hold him back but it wasn’t enough, Pete started pounding the man. “Don’t you dare touch her!” He said angrily as he kicked his testicals. He then got up and went to me and touched my arms “Are you okay?” he asked me.  I wanted to lie and tell him yes, but knowing that that man was in pain, didn’t sit well with me. I went over to the man and helped him up even though he said that he couldn’t stand up. But he could, He hobbled away. 

I turned to Pete and sighed “Thank you…But please don’t do that again.”  Pete grinned and nodded and then pet Pyramid’s mane.  I got on Pyramid’s back and Pete got on behind me.  We rode Pyramid.  I haven’t felt this way really for a very long time.  I took him back to the barn and gave the copy of my ownership to the farmer and I put Pyramid back in the stalls. “I love you buddy” I said and then I went back to Pete and we started walking again.  He took me out to lunch and then He convinced me to go to the town’s carnival and we had a blast. I guess I could count this as a date; I’m starting to think this is what he was thinking of.  We got on the Ferris wheel, the cart that we were in got on top. I could see the plain field across the way from the carnival.  When I checked my phone it was 4:45. 

Pete grasped my hand again; I smiled at him, staring into his chocolate brown eyes once more. I leaned in to kiss him and he responded back with a kiss.  I heard a child giggle “Aw Mommy look!” called the little child behind us. I pulled back blushing embarrassed. 

Pete and I got off and we went to the apartment so I could change into something formal for the show and so Pete could change as well.  I changed into my orange dress and platform heels and my black hair was up in a waterfall braid.  I go to Pete and we go and see the show, walking there. 

After the show we walked back and I started thinking of how I could end this Key Keeper thing.  I couldn’t think of a thing. 

“What’s wrong?” Pete asked.  I shook my head “Nothing” I smiled.  We go into the apartment as I took my shoes off I started to hum the Phantom of the opera, reaching the high note at the end.

“You have a beautiful voice…you should use it more often” Pete complemented.  I chuckled “Thanks.”  

Three more days until Halloween…I started to think where was Hollie?  I haven’t seen her for weeks almost a month.   I started to call out Hollie’s name…Nothing.

Where was she? I didn’t try to put my full concentration on it but it was kind of hard not to. I went to bed at 12:50 after watching The Tonight show and late night.  

Pete went to bed long ago.   Before I settled in my bed I went into Pete’s room and I kissed him on the cheek. “I love you” I whispered into his ear and then I went to my own room and fell asleep.  I meant what I said to Pete.  I love him and always will.

“Theodora! Theodora!” cried voices, I heard in my sleep. I kept twisting and turning as I slept and heard the voices.  Men and woman calling my name sounding like they’re crying for help.  In my dream, I was in the middle of nothing…just a white room. 

I closed my ears and I closed my eyes, when I opened my eyes, I saw a little girl with blue hair “WHERE’S MY MAMA!” the little girl stomped her foot “WHERE IS SHE?!” She yelled. I hugged her but she went through me.  I shrugged it off for now and walked off.  A homeless woman stood in front of me “Please! Save me!”  Nothing I saw visually was wrong with her, I patted her back and apologized because I couldn’t help her, and I moved on. “Theo!” I heard my mother’s voice. I had forgotten what it sounded like- I kind of missed her; But not as much as I miss my stepdad, Aaron.  I looked at my mother with a smile on her face I knew it was a dream…It had to.  My mother probably hated me and that’s why I never went back.    I sat up from my bed, I was in my old room, and everything was the way I was.  “Breakfast, Dear-Heart” She said. I grudgingly got out of bed, when I went through my bedroom door I saw Pete. I smiled and I felt a push. 
“AHH!!” I fell over out of my bed. Oh yeah, I’m at Pete’s apartment.    My mom isn’t here….I sighed as I got up and I looked at Pete who had a prankster smirk on his zit-filled face. 

“What’cha do that for?” I asked him.   “What d’ya mean? I didn’t do anything” He lied.

I noticed his hands were behind his back, I walked around the bed and in front of him. Before I could ask what he had, I felt wet sticking string on my face - Silly Willy String. 

I hated Silly Willy String. It smelled gross and it was very hard to wash out of your hair. I remember Kyle’s 5th birthday he had Silly Willy string. It took me about three weeks to get the string out of my hair. 

I yanked the string off of my face and I put it on his face and I shook my head and went in the bathroom. I saw the calendar hanging on the door, Halloween was tomorrow.  I sighed and I took a shower, I felt somewhat relieved that Halloween was tomorrow but scared about how this was going to go.  “Yeah mom, I know it’s Veronica, Jeremy and Verruca’s birth day but-“Pete said over the phone.  Pete sighed “Fine, Fine I’ll be over there today. In three hours I promise” He said. 

I overheard his response as I ate my cereal.  Pete hung up and looked at me “Hey, want to come with me to my neighborhood house? It’s my sibling’s birthday and I have to drop off the cake.” He said as he put the phone on the hook; I nodded. I got my jacket on and we went to Pete’s truck and he drove to Ms. Sunshine’s bakery (Pete got his friend to fix the tires). 

Pete picked up the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry cake that had the gluten free icing on it and it said: Happy 8th Birthday Veronica, Jeremy and Verruca. When Pete parked in front of a tall looking house, the music was blasting and it was decorated with balloons and streamers, banners and a yard sign that said Happy Birthday Veronica, Jeremy and Verruca.  Pete and I walked to the door and a little girl was at the door and unlocked the door “Mommy! Mommy! Pete’s here!” Yelled the little girl.

When I walked in there were kids and only everywhere and only 28 of them were a part of the Collins siblings.   There were:
Christina, James, Jerome, Sophie and Ursula (they were quintuplets they were born 1976) Pete was born in 1999, the single births were: Ariel, Jacob, Aurora, Justina, Harry, Rupert, Michael, Sebastian, Victoria, Alexia and Nina. There were only one set of octuplets: Quinn, Elena, India, Joshua, Nicolette, Miracle and Harley-Mae and Iris.  Then they had the triplets: Veronica, Jeremy and Verruca.  Mrs. Collins is expecting twins a girl and boy named Hannah and Tate.
  I met everyone; Pete’s older siblings teased Pete about me I chuckled when I overheard it.  The birthday kids were circling around the cake which I was holding. 

“Hey, hey you! Get away from the cake until 5:00” said their mother Selma who pushed them lightly away.  “Like moths they are, with their sweets.” She commented as she smiled at me rubbing her bump. 

I nodded “I can see that.  I’m Theodora by the way,” I greeted.  Selma nodded “Nice to meet you”   A man walked to the side of Selma and wrapped his arm lovingly around Selma. “Is Nicolette upstairs, honey?” He asked “No, she’s out playing with Joshua and Ariel” Selma said. 

The man nodded and looked at me “I don’t remember you being a part of the family,” He said.  “I’m not. I’m Theodora Wilmot, I’m Pete’s friend” I said.   With a hardy laugh, the man nodded and put his hand on his chest “Please forgive me, I have one way to many kids around here, I start to think that every teenager or young child is mine” He said. 

“He’s a comedian…sometimes” Said Selma.   “Atticus Lane.” He introduced himself in his New York Brooklyn accent as he straightened his shirt, He left the room to get out the pizza and pigs in a blanket plates.  I looked around the living room, the couch seemed like it was passed down from generation to generation, there was a stained coffee table and there were family pictures and baby pictures on every wall; It was kind of creepy. 

Christina and I bonded while; Pete was hanging around his younger siblings.  “Are you and my brother dating?”

Christina asked me. I looked up from my clear nails and looked at her. “Well….um….err…Not yet” I stammered.

“Not yet? You’re waiting for something?” Christina teased. I nodded and stood up as Christina left leaving me in the kitchen.  I got up then I started feeling dizzy. I felt like the whole room was spinning….no- the whole house. Hearing Selma’s call so we could sing happy birthday, I collapsed on the ground laying there.  As my vision was blurred,

I saw Hollie crying and I heard an evil laugh…a woman’s evil laugh. I couldn’t figure out who it was, but I noticed it was no-one I thought I’ve met before. 

Before I closed my eyes, I felt someone whisper into my ear “You’ve failed.”  
“I’ll go get the knife mom” said one of the boys, it was James.  He walked and turned from the door way to the right side and saw me on the ground, he kneeled to help and he checked my pulse.

“She’s still alive.” He rushed and went into the dining room “Theodora is unconscious.” He called.  “What?” Alarmed Pete and he went into the kitchen and saw me on the ground; he picked me up and sat me on the couch. 

“I’ll go get a cold cloth” said Selma and she rushed to get one.  Atticus cut the cake while Selma was getting the cloth.  

When I woke up, I was in a bedroom that was plain and white. The cold cloth was on my forehead, I slowly took it off and I got out of the bed and I went downstairs, and Pete was on the step with his hands folded in his lap as If he was in the hospital in the waiting room.

“Let’s go play dodge ball, Pete!” exclaimed Quinn. “Not now sport.” answered Pete.  I sat next to Pete and he hugged me.  “I’m sorry I scared you, I didn’t mean to.” I said as I put my hand on Pete’s shoulder. I noticed on my hand it was like a transparent imprint of a star like constellation.  “What the hell” I whispered. And I looked into my palm and it was actually imprinted in my palm on my right hand.

What is this?

After the party, Pete and I left and went to his house. I went on his laptop and looked it up; the star on my hand was called a pentagram. I went to the key keeper book and tried to go see where the pentagram on the hand was introduced.  I found it after flipping through most of the pages. 

No Key keeper in existence has ever had the pentagram on the hand. It means that the key keeper who might have it is the Last key keeper of history. Once the Key keeper is in palmed with the Pentagram it means that no-one after him/her can be the next key keeper, instead is the first 7th savior who is a person who has the 7 supernatural powers:

Telekinesis
Concilium
Pyrokinesis
Resurrection
Teleportation
Telepathy
Chlorokinesis

My heart dropped. I am the last….the last key keeper and tomorrow is Halloween.  Tomorrow I am going to fight the demon who stole the key of heaven.  

I was still reading the archive book as Pete was doing Michael Jackson: The experience on Wii.  I kept staring at the in print on my hand as I read.  I closed the book as I sat up and watched Pete defy gravity like Michael Jackson (But Pete fell).

I laughed as Pete rubbed his ankle. “I hope I didn’t break it or twist it” He said and I got up and helped him up.  “How’s your hand?” he asked as if it was burned or cut. “It doesn’t hurt. It’s just an imprint of my ‘destiny’, well so said the book.” 

Pete couldn’t stop looking at my hand. 
Later on, I was balancing myself on the terrace banister while looking down at the street that was trafficked.  Pete tapped my shoulder slightly so I wouldn’t fall. “Hey, you okay?” he asked me.  

“I guess. Tomorrow is Halloween and what do I have to do? Kill someone who is possessed by a demon. Gee and I thought growing out of my Nala from the lion king costume was the worst Halloween ever” I said sarcastically as I swung myself over from the edge and I stood on the banister and climbed on the roof (Pete had the Penthouse apartment). Pete climbed up with me as I looked towards my view of the parking lot and pool.  

“I’ll help you tomorrow. You know that right?”   I looked at him “About that, I don’t know how strong the demon will be. Which-Which is why I don’t want you to help me, just in case he might hurt you” I said.  He looked at the roof “Oh” he stood up and jumped on the terrace and went inside. “Pete...” I sighed; I didn’t even try to go after him.

I hope what I did was necessary, I jumped down a bit later after I heard a gunshot from three blocks down, I went in the apartment and I locked the door.  Pete was on the floor laying down thinking. “Theodora, I was thinking and I’m going to help you tomorrow”  

I frowned “NO! What if you get hurt?” I asked him trying not to sound like a nagging mother. “What if you die?” He asked me back as he stood up.  I looked away for a minute. I didn’t think about myself dying I shook my head and I sighed “Then I failed” I said and I go into the kitchen getting out the holy water and I got out the chalice. “Get me the book please?” I asked Pete he nodded and gave me the book. 

“Okay it says: First say a prayer over the chalice and pour the holy water down into the chalice. Then mix it with communion bread”   I looked at it again, Communion bread?  I looked at Pete “We have to get something else, communion bread which I think is sold at CLC” I told him.  Pete nodded “I’ll go get it.”  He took the key and left.
When he came back I crushed the bread and put it inside the chalice and I stirred it and I covered it with the top.

“There that’s done” I said to myself and kept it on the counter. I went into my room almost asleep, Pete walked into my room and he was on his knees. 

“Theo? Theo” he called me softly in my ear, my eyes were closed. He sighed and opened a small red box and put it in his pocket.

“Theodora” called someone, I stirred in my bed and then I woke up staring at the wall. I sat up straight and looked forward but no-one was there.  I got up and went into the closet “BOO!” yelled Pete with a Jason from Friday the Thirteenth mask on.

I chuckled “You’re so cute, thinking you can scare me” I said pinching his cheeks teasing him a bit.  He kissed my cheek and I smiled “Can you move so I can get my towel?” I asked him. 

He didn’t move “Nah. I think I’ll stay here” he smiled.  I swing kicked him and he fell right onto my shoes now hurt. He limped up and left my room, I laughed as I get my towel I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and take a shower.

After my shower, I go into my room and I see Pete on the bed sitting on the edge “Hey uh Theodora, I have a question” he says.  I nod for him to continue while I get my clothes, “Um….Will…you um….M…Help me with scaring the tricker treaters before you leave.” He says getting off his knee.  I turned around and I shrug “sure” He left and I got dressed. 

I then looked at the clock, it was 11:50; Wow I got up late.  I looked at the calendar; it’s Halloween.  I gulped in worry now; I now have to fight demons today.  

I went into the kitchen and I got out some left over waffles and I ate them as I looked at Pete; I looked away and ate and he walked to me and touched my arm and kissed my shoulder “What are you doing?” I asked him hitting him softly with a chair pillow. 

He chuckled and kissed my lips and I kissed back. “Just kissing my lovely girlfriend” he says c***ily.  I chuckled continuing to eat “Well your lovely girlfriend is really scared about later on today”  He hugged me “I’ll help you, like I said yesterday I’ll help you”   I looked at him “Okay, but Just not in the cemetery, alright?”  He nodded “Okay, I have a phobia of Cemeteries anyway” He said sitting down holding my left hand.

“Why?” I asked as I put the last piece of waffle in my mouth.  “Well…When I was a kid, James and Jerome would tease me about my phobia and once we were chasing our dog, Mongo and James pushed me into a grave that wasn’t covered yet. They got Mongo but left me in the grave until the Grave digger saw me and pulled me out.” He told me as he played with his fingers. I frowned

“Awe” I commented while I put the plate in the sink.  “What happened to Mongo?” I asked him.  “He developed rabies and we had to put him to sleep. I miss him to death though” He said. I nod missing my dog Oreo, “I had a dog named Oreo. He would eat nothing but human food. No dog food, it made him sick for some reason.

Though the only thing he would eat that’s dog food related were Bacon bite treats” I said.   Pete nodded smiling and he went into his room to create the hanging person prank. I picked up the books again and I put it in my bag, I went over to the pictures of my dreams and I looked over them and stared mostly at the tombstone.  I looked down my bag and I took the book out and skimmed the chapters over one more time until, I found something that interested me and I flipped back to page fifty-five. 

The chest of souls is buried where the imp was buried as well.  Though it   has not been proven throughout the centuries that the Imp has ever possessed a child, possessing an Adult is difficult. If the imp follows the rules and directions precisely possessing a child or an angel is very easy especially children because they’re careless not thinking of the consequences or because of what the child hears or sees the imp can manipulate that and delve into the child’s mind then body then take over both not giving the child any control at all; not a pinch of control at all. 

When an Imp takes control of a Guardian Angel, They have to be careful and stealthy because Angels can see what is happening Forward, Backward, Left, Right, Up and Down. So an Imp has to wait until the angel is either on Guardian duty or sleeping to take the halo and then sink themselves into the Angel. With Children Angels it is easier for them to possess them but they still have to take the Halo but with the Child Angels they can actually change their appearance and make them alive until after Halloween.

I turned the back of the page and I saw two words: Creepy Bathroom.  I stared at it, what in the world would those two words be on there.  I started to think what creepy Bathroom would mean in this book. Maybe the imp was killed in a bathroom or something.  I walked over to Pete’s room and he was tying mud filled balloons on his desk. I knocked on his door, I heard his rolling desk chair roll to the door. “Password” He said jokingly. 

I rolled my eyes “Mario is better than Zelda”, he opened the door “Hey, What’s up?” he asked me as he rolled back to his desk and picked up a balloon.  I looked at him with a questioning look but decided to leave it alone. “Look at this”.  

Pete glanced at me and took off his gloves and walked over to me. I showed him the back of it and he studied it “And you found this on…” he flipped over the page and it was the information and he flipped it back “Creepy Bathroom, huh?" 

It’s probably an Anagram” he said giving it back to me. “What’s an Anagram?” I looked at him confused.  “It’s like scrabble. You have all these letters, some of them make a sentence but it’s really another word.  I’ll put this through my Anagram solver program and I’ll tell you what it makes out to” He said taking the page from me and I pecked his lips. “Thanks.”  

I was about to leave but he stopped me for a minute. “Hey…Let’s say hypothetically, this guy was really really into you almost loves you and wants to marry you…Would you say yes?” He asked me.  I thought “I don’t know. I mean if it was you I’d probably say yes.” I said. I smiled then left. 

I heard a ‘’whoohoo!’’ noise from his room. I shook my head laughing and I picked up a notebook and started drawing Pete. 

Pete came out of his room and tapped me on the shoulder; I quickly closed the notebook and looked at him. “So what did you find?” I asked.  He sat on the arm of the chair “Well I found became, Trophy, embryotrophe, Cerebropathy and here's a weird one "A be chert oy Prom” I looked at him confused. “But then I did my own break down and it became a name. Mary-Beth cooper.”  I looked at him “Wait what now?” 

I looked at the words suggestions and looked at the name “That’s my mom...” I said in a gasping whisper.   “You don’t think she’s the imp?” I asked him.  He shrugged “Maybe. It wouldn’t surprise me”.   I sighed and picked up the archive book and flipped more pages and I noticed my mother’s name and I opened the page to it and I read it; it was her biography.

Mary-Beth Regina Cooper was born November 20th 2911 when the first Dynasty Pharaoh Den was being buried.  In 2921 when Pharaoh Seti I was in reign, He sent his men to kill every Hebrew baby in Egypt.  Mary-Beth had a one day old newborn named Ezekiel which was one of the babies who was taken and killed.  Mary-Beth died along with her child because she would not let go of her child which resulted the soldiers kill Mary-Beth.  Mary-Beth is the first follower of satin and is the Imp of Halloween and possesses the family member, friend or loved one so it’ll be easier to confront the Key Keeper.  In 1971, Mary-Beth figured a way to make herself in human form again, knowing that the next key keeper was going to be Rebecca Hathaway’s great grandchild. 
So my mom is from the first Dynasty?  I slouched on the couch sighing, just staring at the small biography.  “Theodora! HELP!” I heard someone cry, I looked up, no-one is around me besides Pete and he is in his room still trying to set the prank ready. I closed my eyes as I hear the cry again.   I saw Hollie crying for help and a tombstone, I opened my eyes and I said Hollie’s name out-loud. 

Pete came out, I heard his huff of breath come out of his mouth and he came to me “I have a question..”   I looked at him and nodded for him to keep going.  Someone was knocking at the door Pete went to the door and it was a Sanjay Pazziti from across the street. “Trick or Treat”. 

Pete bent down and gave him candy, SPLAT, Pete had Custard crème pie in his face, little Sanjay was laughing hysterically. He ran from the building and Pete chased him with one of the mud balloons. 

I laughed and shook my head and I checked the time. I get to the cemetery before the moon comes out.  This felt like a test not just a test, a test of survival.

When Pete came back, the bottom of his pants were torn and his hair was messy and he had what looked like tactless dog bites and scratches on his leg and arms.  I got up and went into the bathroom and took the band aids, cotton balls and rubbing alcohol then I walked over to Pete and poured it on the cotton ball and put it on his scars.  “The Pazziti bulldog got you? again” I asked him as I dabbed the scar on his leg. He nodded as he tried not to show the pain “Yeah.  They must sharpen his teeth. Old killer is very...’playful’.

I’m surprised my ankle didn’t get bitten off.” He replied as he breathed trying to ignore the pain. 
When I was done soaking the blood, I threw away the pile of cotton balls as Pete was limping to the couch. I noticed something in his back pocket; like a box.  I checked the time, it was 10:15, and I walked over to my bag and put it on my shoulder I then looked at Pete. “Since you are in pain, I don’t want you to come with me.” I told him.  Pete got up on his feet limping towards me “I’m fine. I don’t want you to go alone, Theodora.”   I looked at his limping feet and I shook my head and put my hands on his shoulders and steered him back to the couch “You’re staying here. I promise, I’ll defeat my mom and come back in one piece. “I pushed him down gently and kissed his lips and he kissed back as I pulled back he jerked my hand and made me lean towards him so he can talk in my ear. “Just be careful. ” I nodded then I walked out of the apartment.

I walked to Christ the Redeemer Cemetery on Oak ridge lane in Memphis, Tennessee. I bent down and took the Chalice out; I sneakily walked behind the bushes to see where my mom was. I didn’t see her. I put my hand on a tombstone I felt a shock and I saw Hollie and her coffin.  I took my hand off of it and walked in front of it.  There was Hollie’s name on it.   Hollie Delphine Farmer b. March 18 1999 – July 21st 2012.  The Angel who was patient with the world

I ran my hand over the words on the stone as memories flooded back into my mind. As I put my hands on my eyes to wipe the tears, I heard 3 people chant in Latin simultaneously “Clavis ad lucem caeli, et vivet anima tua gravi”   or “With the light of the heaven key, the soul of this grave let live thee.”  I turned around and I saw Hollie and two other people in a form of a triangle.  I looked at the person again, Hollie? My mom possessed Hollie’s ghost.  

I sneakily ran over and hid behind a tomb house and watched as the box appeared right in the middle of the triangle. The box opened and souls quickly entered inside the box.

Just in a blink of an eye, the two other imps were gone.  I ran over as Hollie raised the box up to the moon, I quickly took the Chalice out but someone kicked it out of my hand but thankfully I had a top on it so it wouldn’t spill.  I turned around and it was the other imp, I started to physically fight with the imp, I took out the holy water and threw some at the imp and did the same with the other one.  I turned around, and splashed a small amount on Hollie.  I saw the burning line on her arm but she laughed.

“Someone gave you that archive book, didn’t they?  That crap doesn’t work on me anymore” she said with a smirk. I looked over at my bag and quickly ran to get it but as I did Hollie tripped me and I fell to the ground.  I got up but she pushed me down again.  I looked up at her and saw the box in her hand as I struggled to get free from her and get up. 

I kept wiggling as much as I could until Hollie lost her balance and I could finally get up.  I got up and as I did I kicked the box from her hand and punched her in the stomach as she fell backward into a tombstone. 

I ran to get the box and as I got near it I felt someone drag me away from its grasp.  It was another imp.  It held me down as I tried fiercely to get up.  Hollie walked over to me and started kicking me in the ribs and back while the imp continued to hold me down so I couldn't get free.  Hollie gripped my hair pulling it and looked into my eyes saying menacingly “You failed”.  As she was about to push me into a grave that the other imp dug, my hand stopped hers flashing the pentagram in her face. She was suddenly blinded I grabbed my bag and got out the chalice and I poured it on her.

She was screaming as I saw Hollie become de-possessed and she waved at me and went back up to Heaven.  
My mother’s body was lying on the ground. I turned around and picked up the box of souls, I heard cries of help inside. I saw the key of heaven in my mom’s pocket, I reached for it. Mary-Beth’s hand grasped mine pushing me down and choking me. 

“I. will. Not. Be. Defeated this time!” she grunted as she squeezed her grip on my throat.  I was close to blacking out; I saw Pete hit her head with a baseball bat signed by Buster Posey as I saw Mary-Beth fall over crouching holding her head. I blacked out for a minute. Mary-Beth got up after two minutes and grabbed the box and raised it at the moon. “Come my Fellow Brothers and Sisters!” She yelled in the air as the moon was starting to become red.

I woke up after Pete gave me CPR and I put my hand with the Pentagram up as I keep saying ‘the lord’s prayer’ in both English and Latin.  I didn’t know if this would work or not but it was my only option. “Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”    She turned around with a worried look, not only did Mary-Beth cover her ears but she dropped the box and key while having a break down.

I quickly grabbed the box and key and passed it at Pete.
I looked at Mary-Beth who was slowly returning to her state, I quickly picked up the Holy water and threw all of it on her.

Mary-Beth was burning, I backed up as a bright light started to show through Mary-Beth’s cracked burned skin. I covered my eyes as I heard a very painful scream. When I uncovered my eyes, nothing was left. I grabbed the box and key and opened the box. Souls flew out of the box and went straight up to Heaven. I saw Mrs. Hathaway “you did it, Darling! Don’t worry, from the start I was always with you”.  

I smiled, I saw a man about 30 years old standing next to her. “This is your father. He was trapped in the box since after he died.” Mrs. Hathaway said.   I smiled as I felt a hug; it was my dad who was hugging me. “I love you dad”   He smiled and nodded “I love you too.”  I gave the key to Mrs. Hathaway.

After they were gone, I turned around and saw Pete on the ground. “PETE!” I ran to him and he was unconscious “Pete! PETE!”  I kneeled down and checked his heart beat; it was there.  “BOO!” screamed Pete in my ear. I jolted up and on my back I smacked him right in the face. “Never Scare Me Like that again!” I yelled.   He held me as he lightly laughed. 

“I have a question, but I’ll ask you when we get to where I want to take you” He replied and we both got up and He led me to the car. “Thanks for being there, Helping me.” I said as he drove.  Pete nodded “Of course. I’ll always be there for my girl” He said as he stopped at a stop light, he kissed my lips and I kissed back then he drove to Megis Falls.  He took me to the edge of the rocks and got down on one knee. 

“Theodora Elizabeth Margret-Rose Wilmot, Will you marry me?” He asked.  I covered my mouth in awe and I nodded. “Yes. I will.”  I kissed him and he put the ring on my finger. We continued to kiss.  
When we got to the apartment, I laid in the bed and fell asleep. 

Five years later, I was looking at myself in the mirror; today is my wedding day. I wore my great-grandmother’s wedding dress. 

My little sister Joslyn is the flower girl and all of Pete’s sisters were my bridesmaid and all of Pete’s brothers were his groomsmen except for 3 year old Tate who was the ring bearer.  The door opened and I quickly hid myself, thinking it was Pete. “Pete! It’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding!” I shouted. 

“Yes…But it’s not bad luck for the father to see the bride before the wedding.” Said my father. I looked at him and I hugged him. “You look absolutely beautiful. You look like your mother when we got married….Oh speaking of that.

After the honeymoon, I want you to meet my new girlfriend, Karen Mills. But I’ll tell you about her when you get back from Argentina.” He said.

I laughed and he put my vail on my head and kissed my hand. “Ready?” He asked me.  I nod “Always.”  He walked me down the aisle. There was Pete at the altar. I stood next to him. 

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” Said Pastor Zenefski.

Peter and I looked around, I sighed happily that no-one spoke up.   The Pastor looked at us “Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?” 

“We do” Pete and I said simultaneously. Do you pledge to share your love and the joys of your marriage with all those around you, so that they may learn from your love and be encouraged to grow in their own lives?” He asked again we nodded “We do”.  

Tate then walked to us with the pillow and rings “May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union. As often as either of you look upon these rings, may you not only be reminded of this moment, but also of the vows you have made and the strength of your commitment to each other. Peter, please repeat after me ... I Peter promise to love and support you Theodora and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed.”  Pete repeated what he said and put the ring on my finger.

Pastor then turned to me,  “Theodora, please repeat after me ...I Theodora, promise to love and support you Peter and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed.”Pastor said. I repeated then put Pete’s ring on his finger. Pastor Zenefski said “Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband. You may now kiss the bride” Said the pastor.  Pete dipped me down and kissed me and I kissed back.

When I looked up at the Choir loft, I saw Hollie, Ms. and Mr. Hathaway and my birth dad all clapping and smiling.  Hollie said “Good Job.” I smiled.  Pete and I walked out of the church; Petals were being thrown all over. Pete had rented a horse ridden carriage. I petted Pyramid and I stood up in the carriage and threw my bouquet.  I looked behind me and Hollie had caught the bouquet. Of-course everyone was looking around for it but then shrugged off.  I laughed and I clapped then sat down and waved at my family and my new family and the guests.  

Pete kissed me passionately and I kissed back just as passionately.  “Peter Isaac Collins” I said. He looked at me and grinned “Yes Theodora Collins?”  I chuckled and I sighed as if I was in heaven.  I smiled. “I’m pregnant.”  He gawked happily and hugged me. 

“Harder sweetie, she’s almost there!” Encouraged Pete as he held my hand. I pushed trying to get the baby out.  Yes we’ve been married for nine months and now about to have our first child. I screamed in pain as the contraction slowed down. I fell on my back shaking my sweaty head. “I can’t do this” I whined. Pete kissed my head “yes you can. Our Daughter’s almost here.” He said.  “Here it comes AGAIN!”  I hollered in pain as I pushed. Out came a beautiful girl. 

The doctor cut her umbilical cord then  wrapped her up in a blanket and gave her to a nurse so she could get wiped off; I breathed slowly as Pete examined his red hand that I was squeezing for 36 hours and 23 in a half seconds of contractions.

“You did it sweetheart” Pete said as he wiped my sweat off of my hand. The nurse came back with the baby and placed her in my arms. “What are you naming her?” The nurse asked. “Landry Noel Collins” I said as I placed my finger on her palm.  Pete kissed her forehead.   Landry is the first Supernatural Wonder. 

“How will we know what powers she’ll have?” Pete asked me. “I think we’ll see when she grows” I said smiling at him.   A week later, I was released and I was rocking Landry in her ring sling I was laying down on the bed; Pete was at work being a CEO of a law firm.  I was playing with Landry’s necklace the shape of a pentagram which matched the mark on my hand. I kissed her cheek “I love you Landry” when I looked at her necklace again, it was glowing.

Boom! Crash! Shatter!  

I put Landry down in her crib and I walked down the spiral staircase, I saw a man who was wearing a hat and Tie and he had a gun. 

“I know you’re Home Theodora, so just come out now! You know why I'm here” He yelled.  I looked at the face closely; it was a man in a hat covering his baldness, I remember his picture in the family pictures.

The man's name is Fred Aloysius Dupree, my cousin.  I thought of the last thing he said, I knew he wanted Landry. I gasped and I raced upstairs and grabbed Landry and went to the spare closet which had a stairway to the basement and left the house going to the car.

Putting Landry in the car-pram and I drove off calling Pete.  “Pete! Meet me at Johnny’s hang out right now! We have to do the plan.” I said as I sharply turned the corner, I looked at the mirror and saw Fred’s car behind me tagging my tail. “Alright, Make sure you and Landry are safe dear.” He said.  I hung up and I made a wrong turn to loose Fred and I backed up from the construction site and I drove to Johnny’s hang out and Pete got out of the cab and into the car and drove to the orphanage. Pete grabbed the basket and put it at the doorstep.

I laid Landry in the basket; I kneeled down and kissed her forehead

“We’ll get you back. I promise” she held my finger. As a tear rolled down my cheek Pete held my hand to go back to the car, I put down a name note which said: Landry Noel Collins born March 18th 2023.

We drove off; I looked at the revere mirror and saw a short, stubby woman pick up the basket.  At home I cried against Pete’s shirt, missing Landry. 

“Don’t worry sweetheart. We’ll be there for her when she gets older. If another pair hadn’t adopt her yet. We’ll adopt her by three years old. I promise.” He whispered against my ear, kissing my temple. 

"I know. That's why she has the necklace...We'll find her and she'll find us" I said as I looked at my pentagram.