Left Over | Teen Ink

Left Over

August 31, 2011
By EmilyClark BRONZE, Wayne, Pennsylvania
EmilyClark BRONZE, Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Summary:

Five eccentric teenagers whose favorite activity is creating films involving psychotic murderers, trail mix, and family troubles are not people to be messed with. Especially when their fearless leader is a girl with neon green hair, a habit of untwisting Twizzlers, and an aversion to the word "no". Eliza Berkins has only wanted prove to people that it is possible to think outside the box without being locked up whether that means skipping class for action shots or touring the country in a 1991 van. There is no cage for creativity just a deadline, which the Film Asylum can only hope to beat.

Jake "Crane" Lamburg just moved from Kansas when he is suddenly confronted by Eliza Berkins and her best friend Joan Wrangley for sleeping on the school bench. He has no idea what he is getting into when he agrees (after being renamed to a bird with an exceptionally long neck) to meet them in a small classroom to discuss his opportunities at a "elite" film club. After meeting the five members, which include Rosemary Clemens, the cheer leader costume maker, Allen Sniper the wealthy computer geek, Joan the karate master playwright, and Eliza the defiant film director, Jake only has one question left in his overtired mind, "How will I ever get away?" As the club meets more often and Crane grows closer to its members different secrets and puzzles begin to reveal themselves throughout the story, which give motives to each members gifts and goals.

A wildly strange and telling story about friendship, loss, and wayward intentions, Left Over follows the winding road of club on a mission to create the best film in the nation. The competition leads the teens to run away from their homes, leave their families, and follow their dreams no matter what the consequences.


EmilyClark

Left Over


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.