The Months of Summer | Teen Ink

The Months of Summer

By thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California
thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California

"Don't cry that it's over, smile because it has happened."

Summary:

Tiffany Baker is the girl who has it all -- looks, popularity, a loyal best friend, and several guys lusting after her. But when Tiffany's selfishness gets the best of her, her entire world world smashes into pieces.
As punishment, Tiffany is forced to read to an old blind woman named Summer. Summer is kind, wise, and thoughtful -- everything that Tiffany is not.
Recovering from her sister's death and startled by the recent death of her old best friend, Tiffany suddenly finds herself alone in life. With Summer's help, Tiffany discovers the true meaning of friendship and finally, finally allows herself to move on.

Tags: Family

Jamie A.

The Months of Summer

JRsingersongwriter GOLD, HB, California

"It's one thing to put yourself in someone's shoes. It's another to walk around in them." -Me!

I completely agree!

little-miss-mistakes GOLD, Plano, Texas

even after all these years the sun has never said to the earth, you owe me... look at what a love like that can do, it can light up the sky

i cannot tell uhow much this character bothers me.... but in a good wy... its amazing well written and i am jealous

RazorsEdge said...
on Dec. 9 2010 at 1:17 am
This story sounds gripping with emotion and dramatic extremes.  Wow!  Bring it on.

raingirl said...
it still says that its being reviewed by the editors...but from the summary the book sounds really good!! i cant wait to read it. ill review again when its approved! :)

go girl! you know how to write! thats TALENT!

llgirl said...
First of all; you are an excellent  writer. you have a point of view, and a voice. don't stop it from being heard girl!

Susie Miller said...
Susie Miller, Pleasanton, California
oh, and i love tiffany! i love you set up her character. great job!

Susie Miller said...
Susie Miller, Pleasanton, California
i've known you were a great writer for a long time now. you can write essays, short stories, poems...i shouldn't be surprised that you are such a great novelist -- but i am! this is fantastic. can't wait for you to post more chapters!

jkm4 said...
you have a great voice!

abcd4ever said...
this is soo good! cant wait to read more!