No Happy Endings | Teen Ink

No Happy Endings

By AlexKane0, Secane, Delaware
AlexKane0, Secane, Delaware

At the end is a little description of how the story will pan out. 

Episode 1 “The Gathering Of Legends”

The battle between good and evil sparks throughout the land. The Evil Queen takes a team of villains in, Maleficent, Shere Khan, The Huntsman, Commander Lyle, Yzma, Hades, The Army Of Leviathan, The Black Knight, and many more. They fight against the good of the land in, a King, a feisty school teacher, a sorcerer, an apprentice, a musician, a fairy, the combat-ready servent, a swift entertainer, a loyal knight, the princess, along with prince charming, the queen of the land, the always ready godmother, and the duke of the land. All 14 of the loyal people of the land were killed in battle, but right before the ending of the bloody fight. The Sorcerer sets an omen

“In 899 years from now, our 14 relatives will succeed in what we could not. Defeat the evil queen and her evil servants. Not all will make it out of the skirmish. But on March 13, 2020, during the lowest of time, the Evil Queen will come and take advantage of this crisis and invite them to this realm. It is all up to them to defeat evil and restore the balance. To my great (7x) grandchild I give you my power--,” says the sorcerer as the black knight finishes him off. 

*899 Years Later, March 13, 2020

“What are you guys doing after school today?” asks Matt.

“I have to study for AP Physics. Test tomorrow,” responses Josh.

“That’s depressing,” says Matt.

“Tell me about it. Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s clinical depression,” says Josh dramatically.

*crickets

Alex laughs because he and Josh are the only ones who get the joke.

“No… Trixie and Katya… Anyone? No...okay. So Kayla, Alex what y’all doing after school,” says Josh.

“Nothing like usual. Just another night of AP Notes and practicing Clarinet,” says Alex.

“Same I’m doing nothing either,” says Kayla laughing a little.

“Okay guys, I have to head out,” says Alex.

Everyone gets home from school. They all receive a letter in a golden envelope which had their names written in black ink. 

“Hey, Alexa! Call Josh for me,” says Alex.

“Calling Josh, forward slash BFF For Life Yellow heart emoji,” says Alexa.

“I need to edit that name,” says Alex.

Josh picks up the phone.

“Hey, bitch! What's tea girl,” says Alex.

“Hey, gurl. Did you get a letter in the mail today?” asks Josh.

Alex’s face goes to a weird expression because he did receive a letter in the mail today one encased in a gold envelope and Temple University scholarship information.

“Is it encased in a golden envelope?” responds Alex.

“Yeah. You too?” says Josh.

“Yeah. Did you open it yet? I didn’t yet,” says Alex sitting on the couch with a granola bar. 

“No I didn’t open it,” says Josh.

“Okay, I’ll open it right now and I’ll read it to you,” says Alex.

Alex opens the letter and starts to read. 

“Dearest Alexander Brian Kane. You have been invited to a gathering of legends by the Queen and her court. The clothing you are required to wear is in your closet in your quarters. You and 13 others have been invited for this special gathering. The carriage will appear at midnight taking you into my world. If you do not comply with the invitation you will be forced to come. I forgot to mention that attendance is required. Hope to see you there, your ancestors are counting on you, Sorcerer. 

From

The Queen.

“Holy sh*t is this from the Queen in England. Like Elizabeth,” says Alex confused.

“F. No it can’t be. I just read mine. They addressed me with my full name and said entertainer not sorcerer like yours,” says Josh.

“It said there are 13 others. Well me and you that means there are 12 more people out there who got letters like this,” says Alex.

“Isn't it weird that both of us got this letter out of the 100+ million people in America, why us two?” says Josh.

“I have no clue maybe it’s fate,” says Alex.

“Well, Aaron is calling me so I’ll call you later okay,” says Josh.

“Alright I’ll see you later gurl,” says Alex.

Josh hangs up the phone. 

“Alexa, play my homework playlist,” says Alex.

“Playing Homework playlist from Spotify,” says Alexa.

*Godzilla by Eminem ft Juice WRLD plays (r.i.p)

March 13, 2020 3:30 P.M. 

9 Hours Until Gathering

Jamie and Mia go to Jamie’s house to do a study session. They go to a back room where Jamie studies.

“Okay let’s get to work,” says Mia pulling out her math textbook.

“Fun!” says Jamie sarcastically.

“Hey Jamie!” says Jamie’s dad.

“Yeah dad,” responded Jamie.

“Come here. Something came in the mail for you today!” says Jamie’s dad.

Jamie comes back with two letters, one with her name on it and another with Mia’s name on it. It is the same golden letter that Josh and Alex received that day. 

“Oh. This is fancy,” says Mia opening the letter.

Jamie starts to do her math homework and Mia starts to read the letter to herself.

Dearest Mia Roselle Graci. You have been invited to a gathering of legends by the Queen and her court. The clothing you are required to wear is in your closet in your quarters. You and 13 others have been invited for this special gathering. The carriage will appear at midnight taking you into my world. If you do not comply with the invitation you will be forced to come. I forgot to mention that attendance is required. Hope to see you there, your ancestors are counting on you, Godmother

From The Queen.

“Jamie, open your letter. This is from a queen and it said at the end. Your ancestors are counting on you, Godmother,” says Mia.

Jamie opens her letter and reads it and her facial expression turns from curious to confused.

“What the hell? I am confused. What does this mean,” says Jamie?

“It said my clothing that I am required to wear is already in my closet in my quarters well, which means my room,” says Jamie.

Jamie and Mia go up to Jamie’s room to see if the outfit is there or not. Jamie opened the closet and to her surprise, there was a dark blue floral skirt with shoes and stockings hanging on the rack. 

“Woah Jamie this is super cute,” says Mia pulling the outfit out of the closet.

“Well, does it fit me that’s the question,” says Jamie

Mia steps out of the room and Jamie gets changed into her outfit. 

“Ouch!” says Jamie

“What are you okay,” says Mia as she walks into the room.

“I’m fine just after I finished putting on the outfit it stung me,” says Jamie.

“Jamie looks at your arm,” says Mia pointing.

Jamie looks at her arm and sees a tattoo in ancient writing spelling out “Teacher”

“Jamie, what did the letter say at the end,” says Mia.

“It said your ancestors are counting on you, Teacher,” says Jamie.

“Okay, this is super freaking weird. I’m gonna go home and see what happens with me,” says Mia.

March 13, 2020 4:15 P.M. 

8 Hours Til Gathering

Mia walks home and then she passes the cross country team running and she sees a familiar face in Victor who is in the Marching Band with her. Victor then finishes his laps and heads to the locker room to get his stuff and his Saxophone. He gets his stuff to go home. Then his coach comes up to Victor and hands him a golden envelope. 

“Swafford someone stopped by and gave me this to give to you. It looks important,” says the coach.

“I’ll open it when I get home,” says Victor sticking it in his folder.

Victor runs home. He runs upstairs to his room to do homework. 

“Let’s get this over with,” says Victor. 

5:15 P.M. 

7 Hours Til Gathering

“Hey, Victor dinner is ready!” says Victor’s dad.

“Be right down dad!” says Victor.

Victor then gets up and trips over his backpack. As he is cleaning up the small mess he discovers the letter that the coach gave him 2 hours ago. 

*Flashback

“Seems important,” says the coach.

Victor then gets up and sits at his desk and opens up the letter and reads it.

“Yo! Victor, dinner is gonna get cold,” says Victor’s dad.

“Hold on, I’ll be right down,” says Victor.

Victor gets up and goes to his closet to see the outfit mentioned in the letter. He sees a long-sleeved dark red jacket with a hoodie with black tights and black vest along with a white undershirt with black dress shoes.

“Woah this is kind of cool,” says Victor.

Victor finally goes downstairs to eat dinner. 

March 13, 2020 11:59 P.M.

1 Minute Until Gathering

Everyone who received a golden letter has gone to sleep except for a few. Laura stayed up talking to Deja for a while on the phone. Then the connection between them was lost. 

Mia is then awoken from a knock at her window and it is a man with a medium to long hair with a red and black leather jacket and a weird looking face. The man then gestures Mia towards the carriage. Mia changes herself in her big puffy yellow dress. Then looks at the door in which her parent's bedroom was right behind it. 

“I’ll be back,” says Mia.

Mia then exits the window and into the carriage.

Victor then gets a knock on his window and sees a woman with hair that makes someone taller and in a purple and black gown. She points to the carriage and opens the window. Victor then gets up and gets in his outfit and brings his saxophone with him. 

“Pull the lever Kronk,” says the woman to her servent

He pulls the lever and they go flying into the air faster than a race car.

“Wrong leveeeeer,” says the woman as if she was falling.

Victor laughs at the women.

“Why do we even have that lever?” says the woman raising her eyebrow staring at Victor.

Kayla is awakened by a woman. This time the woman was in all black with long blackish, brownish hair. She says

“Come with me.”

Kayla puts on her leaf green gown and heads to the carriage with the woman.

Alex is awake and already in his black robe outfit and sees a man outside his bedroom window. He points to the carriage in the street.

“It is only visible to you and me fine sir,” says the man bowing a bit.

“Don’t bow please, I’m no royal,” says Alex jokingly.

“Well where I’m from people like me worship the sorcerers,” says the man.

“Okay you're cute and all, but I don’t know if you're trying to flirt with me or you're just trying to lead me on,” says Alex stepping into the carriage.

During the ride to the world of this queen. The man escorting Alex sets his knife down.

“So what is it like in this world, like as we say the modern world,” says the man.

“It’s nothing special. You came at a perfect time,” says Alex.

“Why is that,” says the man.

“Because we have this Coronavirus/Covid-19 going around and it’s canceling everything. Yesterday it canceled a trip I was supposed to go on,” says Alex.

“That is unfortunate. How come you haven’t used your powers to cure the virus?” says the man.

“Well in my world it doesn’t work like that. We are just normal people with no powers or anything. We have movies about those kinds of people but all those things are just a fantasy,” says Alex.

“What do you do?” says the man.

“Oh I am in the Marching Band, I play the Clarinet and also-,” says Alex.

The man cuts Alex off because they have arrived in the world where the man is from. The skyline seemed to be filled with dark clouds but with dimmed lights on the ground. Alex’s carriage lands and exits with the help of the man. The man escorted Alex to the entrance of the tall dark castle and sees two guards with spears at hand. 

“Is this one of them,” says the guard.

“Yes,” says the man.

“Let me check,” says the guard grabbing Alex’s arm.

“Hey,” says Alex.

The tattoo in ancient writing shows up on Alex’s arm. 

“He’s clear to enter,” says the guard.

The man and Alex enter the castle grounds. They go up to the Throne Room where the queen and only a few of her disciples there beside her throne. The man then leaves Alex’s side to join the queen. 

“Thank you, Huntsmen,” says the Queen.

“My pleasure, my majesty,” says Huntsmen.

“Wait are you like the Queen from the stories?” says Alex laughing a little.

“What do you mean sorcerer,” says the Queen.

“Like not to disrespect you or anything, but the Evil Queen possibly from the stories of Snow White and your Huntsmen,” says Alex pointing.

“You know it’s rude to point,” says the Queen waving her hand.

As she did that a trap door opened beneath Alex and dropped him into a circle like room with cages against the wall. Then two guards come up from behind Alex and put him into a cage. 

“Hey let go of me!” says Alex squirming.

“No one disrespects the Queen and gets away with it,” says the guard.

As he is thrown into the cage he sees a familiar face in the cage next to him. He crawls over to see his friend Ethan against the wall. 

“Hey Ethan, how did you get here? Did you get the letter too?” says Alex.

“Yeah, it said I am a Knight, but I have no armor on me,” says Ethan.

“Is there anyone else here? Josh maybe?” says Alex.

“Not just you,” says Ethan.

Alex and Ethan see 12 more people get put into cages.

“Those must be them, our friends,” says Alex pointing.

“Yeah that kinda looks like Matt,” says Ethan.

“That is Matt. MATT!” yells Alex.

Matt looks over at Alex in the cage with Ethan. He is being held down by guards and they knocked out and dragged by his arms. Into a cage with Josh and Riley. The guards stop taking everyone in. 

“Guys? Um if yall can hear me it’s Alex. I know that Matt, Ethan, and I are in here,” says Alex.

“If you know us three say your name please,” says Ethan.

“Jamie,” says Jamie.

“Mia,” says Mia.

“Josh,” says Josh.

“Kayla,” says Kayla.

“Oh my god,” says Alex in relief.

“Victor,” says Victor.

“Aaron,” says Aaron.

“Emma,” says Emma.

“Kenny,” says Kenny.

“Laura,” says Laura.

“Deja,” says Deja.

“You guys are here,” says Alex.

“We need to get out of here,” says Mia.

“Is there any kind of key in your guys cell,” says Deja.

“Can’t find anything. It’s all hey and dirt,” says Aaron.

Everyone looks around their cells and can’t find a key. Then Victor looks at the door and sees a lock on it.

“Hey, guys I found a lock. It takes 5 numbers,” says Victor holding the lock.

“What could those numbers mean,” says Alex.

“Like anything in the cells. Like the bricks may be,” says Josh.

“Sure, maybe count them in each of your sales. It could be like over 10,000 bricks in here,” says Ethan.

*3 Hours Later

While Victor plays his saxophone everyone continues to count the bricks in their cells and Matt finally wakes up from being knocked out cold. 

“Ninety-Nine -Thousand Nine Hundred, Ten-Thousand,” exhales Mia.

“We have 10,000 exactly,” says Kenny.

“Alex, Ethan, what do you have?” asks Aaron.

“We have 10,400,” says Ethan.

Victor puts in everyone’s counted bricks but it doesn’t work.

“Guys it won’t open,” exhales Victor.

“What do you mean it won’t work,” says Josh.

“It means that we’re stuck in here,” says Aaron.

“Why are we even here? This letter said we were here for a gathering not to be locked up in cages,” says Alex kicking the ground.

“Maybe the combo is how many people are in each cell,” says Laura.

“Laura you're a genius,” says Deja.

“Hold on how can we know the order of the numbers though?” says Mia.

Everyone thinks of what could indicate the order of the numbers.

“What if it’s the cell numbers?” says Alex.

“Sure let’s try it, so 2, 2, 4, 2, 4,” says Victor putting in the combo.

Victor puts it in and he gets the cage unlocked. He and Aaron get out. Then the guards come into the room and they automatically get back into the cage and pretend that it’s locked. 

“The Queen has summoned the Musician and the Duke,” says the guard pointing at Victor and Aaron.

Victor puts the lock back on the cage. The guard opens the cage and grabs Aaron and Victor. Then a tall man walks into the room with black and silver armor. 

“Hey, Knight you're not supposed to be down here,” says the guard holding Aaron. 

“I’m here to take these two to the Queen,” says the man.

The man takes Aaron and Victor out of the room and the guards go back to standing guard at the door. 

“Hey, thanks for saving us, but we need to get our friends out of there,” says Victor.

“Wait there is more of you,” says the man.

“Yeah, like 12 more,” says Aaron.

“Well, it’s time I introduce myself. I’m Prince, Prince Charming or James. I’m gonna help you guys on your adventure to defeat the evil queen. She is planning to destroy this castle and move to her newly built establishment farther west. Now, let’s get your friends out of those cages,” says James.

James tells Victor and Aaron to hide around the corner. 

“Hey, you aren’t supposed-,” says the guard as he is knocked out by James.

James lets everyone out. They all go for the exit and turn around and see a group of guards ready to battle. James pulls out his sword. 

“Come on Sorcerer can’t you use your powers or something,” says James.

“I don’t know what you're talking about. I’m trying to get out of this hellhole,” says Alex.

“All of you run, I'll fend them all off. Head for the enchanted forest. Someone will be waiting for you there,” says James.

Everyone leaves the prison block of the castle. Heads out into the village where they were dropped off. 

“James said we should head for the enchanted forest,” says Deja.

“He said someone is there waiting for us,” says Kayla.

The group all head to the forest at a medium pace. Alex stares back at the castle and sees the Huntsman in one of the windows. 

“Alex let’s go, no time to stare,” says Matt pulling his arm.

The group gets to the forest and settles down. 

“What do we do now,” says Jamie.

“I guess we wait for James,” says Aaron.

“Wait, did all of you get this golden letter after school?” says Emma.

“Yeah, It was so weird,” says Alex.

“It said I was a king,” says Matt.

Then a woman in a red hood taps Josh’s shoulder and Josh jumps in a fright.

“Hello, I’m Red,” says Red.

“Wait, like Little Red Riding Hood from the stories,” says Mia,

“Yeah, I guess. That’s cool they have stories about me, awesome,” says Red to herself.

“Wait, if there’s Little Red Riding Hood that means there is a Big Bad Wolf,” says Laura.

“Oh, no the wolf is long gone. Shot em myself,” says Red, pulling out her bow and arrow.

“Oh, cool,” says Mia.

“So, where's Charming?” says Red.

“Oh James stayed back to fend off the guards to let us escape from the castle,” says Aaron.

“Oh no. James why are you always getting yourself into trouble,” says Red to herself.

Then James came running in with a few cuts on him. 

“James!” says Red running into his arms.

“Hold on a motha f*ckin minute. Isn’t Prince Charming supposed to be Married to Snow White,” says Josh.

“I was in love with Snow White, but one day she was going apple picking by herself. We thought we had killed the Evil Queen, but she came back and so did her huntsman. The Huntsman stabbed her through the heart. Ever since that day 10 years ago, there is no good in this land. There are no happy endings for anyone. She killed Jiminy Cricket, she uses the Dwarves as slaves, tried to hire Red as a huntswoman, she refused so the Queen killed her grandma, the fairies were trained to be evil and all fairy godmothers were executed publicly. That is why the Queen is going to blow up her castle over the village. So that is why I sent those letters to you because your very great ancestors sent their children to your world to protect and to protect the bloodline from ending. So Alex is it you do have the Sorcerer’s powers they will be enhanced by being in this forest and you Mia you are a Fairy Godmother you do hold the magic within you and Laura you are the last Fairy in the land that will do good,” explains James.

The group walks and sets up a camp near the village. The night nears as sunset begins. Everyone is talking about their opinions on this world. Then the carriages of the Queen come down the trail heading west to the new castle. Alex makes eye contact with the Huntsmen again through the window of a carriage through the trees. Alex is kind of freaked out by this situation. He goes to James to get answers. 

“Hey, James, what is up with the Huntsmen. He has been kind of stalking me,” says Alex.

“Well, that means you are his next target,” says James.

“WHAT!!!” yells Alex.

Everyone looks over at him. 

“What do we do to prepare for this,” says Alex.

“We don’t. Back when you're great, great, great, great, great, sorry, great, great, great, grandfather was your age and the huntsman at that time were good friends. That huntsman died fighting the Evil Queen and her forces,” says James.

The group gets ready to go to sleep. Then they hear an explosion from the castle. Everyone stops what they're doing and looks up to see the spire falling towards them. 

“Everyone run!” says Red.

Everyone runs into the trees away from their camp.

“Wait, my sax!” says Victor turning back to the camp.

“Victor no!” says Alex.

Alex runs after Victor. The spire of the castle falls closer towards them, it gets near and Alex holds out his hands and a green light appears. Alex was using sorcerer powers to protect himself and Victor. Alex drops the spire behind them and they run into the dark forest to find their friends. They then run into Yzma and the Huntsman.

“What do you want from me,” says Alex in anger and his eyes glow bright green.

Victor looks over at Alex in fear. 

“Run!” says Alex glaring at Victor.

Victor runs hugging his saxophone case. Alex throws out a green line and ties Yzma against a tree and takes Huntsman up a tree by the neck. 

“What do you want from me, Huntsman,” says Alex.

“To kill you,” says Huntsman.

“What?” Alex says, confused.

Huntsman pulls out his hunting knife and stabs Alex in the shoulder. They both fall into the tree and Huntsman grabs onto a tree while Alex hits the floor knocked out cold. Yzma gets down from being tied up. Her and Huntsman take Alex to a cabin in the woods. The group gets to Red’s cottage and notice that Alex and Victor are missing. 

“Where are Victor and Alex,” says Josh.

“I don’t know,” says Deja.

Victor comes running in with fear in his face. 

“Oh my god. Victor are you okay. Where is Alex,” says Laura.

“Alex is fighting the purple girl and the Huntsman. He has powers and he looked like a different person,” says Victor.

“We need to go find him now,” says Kayla about to open the door.

James grabs her arm. 

“We will go in the morning. Me and a few of the guys will go out and find him. But for now, we need to settle down and sleep,” says James.

Back at the cabin were Huntsman and Yzma are watching over their prisoner, Alex. Alex while knocked out has a vision of death. Someone gasping for air, someone being stabbed through the chest, someone being beaten to with a club, someone being pushed from the top of a house onto spikes. He then woke up in a gasp for air.

“Good, you're awake. Now we can start,” says Yzma holding a dagger.

To Be Continued….

Rest Of The Season Trailer

Song lyrics involved: Everybody wants to rule the world-lorde

Welcome To Your Life

Riley How long do we have to stay here

James Until we bring all the good back to this world

There’s no turning back

Victor After this there is nothing we can do to change it *stabs a shovel into the ground

Even while we sleep

Huntsmen Hello, Sorcerer

Alex What do you want? Don’t make me kill you
*Holding a glowing dagger with blood on it.

We will find you acting on your best behavior

*Three people bowing to someone on a throne

Turn your back on mother nature

*Matt standing in front of a burning village

Everybody wants to rule the world

*The Evil Queen killing someone with her claws

“No!”  screams a girl.

Laura Look what were doing to ourselves we are monsters, someone just died out there and we let it happen. There is no courage in sacrificing one of our own.

Josh We had to in order to survive Laura

Laura There are other ways to do that *stepping up to Josh.

Josh Shut up! 

Rumpleskilton I know exactly what to do with you. *holding his hand over Kayla’s head

Nothing ever last forever

Alex I couldn’t save her, I’m sorry. *Crying into Matt’s shoulder

Mia We need to stop what happened to him out there.

Jamie We need to stop at nothing to make sure none of us die again.

Josh We need to do whatever it takes to get the queen killed, Avengers Endgame style

Everyone Whatever it takes

So glad we’ve almost made it, So sad they had to fade it

*Red and three other people standing in front of 12 graves

Prince James I put all my faith in you. Confront your fears in the Queen. Kill her and restore the peace

*Red and three people put their hands in a circle and say…

“Whatever it takes” 

Everybody wants to rule the world

*The throne covered in blood