Red Popsicle Summers | Teen Ink

Red Popsicle Summers

By cdmswimmer9 GOLD, Costa Mesa, California
cdmswimmer9 GOLD, Costa Mesa, California

"Faith is taking the first step when you can't see the whole staircase." -MLK Jr.

Summary:

Hannah and Max are the best of friends, they have been since they were little tykes rolling around in their Huggies diapers, occasionally smacking heads but all in good fun. Things began to change as the two grow up and grow old, feelings began to emerge. What happens when one falls in love with the other? Or when thy both fall in love with each other? Disaster, Happiness, or a strange mix of the two? Join their friends and family in the journey these two make to discover their destiny together.

Kalyn F.

Red Popsicle Summers

on Sep. 3 2011 at 11:40 am

The title is tentative right now. It refers to the memory of Max's sitting out on the tree with Hannah, eating red popsicles. I'm really bad at titling my work. :/

Just wondering, would you pick up the book in the store

on Sep. 3 2011 at 11:37 am
wordlover27 GOLD, Vancouver, Other

‎"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness..."
-Audrey Hepburn

This is the first time I read a whole book on Teen Ink! I was hooked on your story and just HAD to finish it! Just wondering though, why is it called "Red Popsicle Summers"?

Thank you :)

I have already started one. But I only did a few chapters before I stopped. This was about a year ago, I haven't really looked at it since.

ThespianChickAnnie BRONZE, Walkertown, North Carolina

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury

Oh MAN, this is good! Like, seriously. Amazing. :)

I agree with remembermyname, you should TOTALLY write a sequel. :)

remembermyname, Eldridge, Iowa
NO problem!  Do you think you will make a sequel? It is going to be fantistic!

on Dec. 21 2010 at 11:11 am

Thank you so much! I will definitely look at your work. I wrote this a couple years ago and it was m first, so it makes me very happy to hear such great things about it. :)

remembermyname, Eldridge, Iowa

Okay, first thing first, I freaking love this! It was not what I was expecting. AND that's a good thing. I was expecting the whole typical love story cliche. I loved.

Secondly, I was really hoping for Max and Hannah to fall in love, but when they didn't I was like, "Wow! That turned out pretty good anyway!" =)

Thirdly, MAKE A SUEQUEL OR SOMETHING! I was yearning for more when I  new I was almost done with the 25th chapter. I hate when the story ends at a really good part. Sometimes, it makes me want to cry.

And Fourthly, I THINK this is my last, I love it that it was 25 chapters. WHen I see a story with 5 chapters on here I usually don't waste my time reading them.

I REALLY hope you make other love stories and a sequel(HOPEFULLY!) You are a fantastic rider! Keep it up!

I will check out your other work, if you have some, andI hope you can return the favor, when i get some put on here. (I am a procrasinator when it comes to these kind of things. Hahaa)

Again, KEEP.IT.UP!=)