I’d Kill For You | Teen Ink

I’d Kill For You

By aaliyahmc BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan
aaliyahmc BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan

I’d Kill For You

Wholebridge. That’s where I’m born in raised. Huge mansions lined the streets of gated communities. Sleek, shiny expensive cars in every driveway. Gardeners cut grass to perfection. Servants ran around to go shopping, take the kids to school, or go home. As you can tell Wholebridge is the richest city in the world, but it has one one problem. This city is full of arrogance and ignorance. Everywhere you turn you see a person with their nose in the air. They think they are better than everyone else because they have money. 

“Louie!” My adorable best friend shouted as he came into my room. 

“Hey” I said to my best friend, Austin. 

“Why are you still in bed?” Austin said as his thick black eyebrows knitted together. 

“I just woke up.” I said yawn and stretching my tired bones. 

“Well, go get dressed. We have places to go and people to see.” Austin said pulling out his phone. 

I didn’t move I just observed him. His deep grey eyes were focused on the shiny black phone in his hand. His sun kissed skin looks baby soft. His thick rosey, pink lips tugged into a wide smile showing off his pearly, white teeth. I licked my lips, because his is the definition of perfection. 

“Dude. Why are you still here?” He asked raising an eyebrow. 

“Umm… I have no idea.” I said flustered. 

“Dude. I think you have a problem.” He said looking down at my private area. 

“Oh, shit.” I said quickly getting up and rushing to the bathroom. “That was so embarrassing.” I whispered to myself. That was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. I ran a hand through my messy, brown hair. I stared at myself in the mirror and instantly cringed. My eyes screamed tired. They were painted a light pink color. Crust coated my black, long lashes. My chubby cheeks is stained with slob. My hair pointed in every direction. I felt disgusted with my appearance. I turn on the shower and got in.

After scrubbing my skin and washing my hair i got out of the shower. I dried my hair with a big fluffy, white towel, then wrapped it around my hips. I walked out of the bathroom and got hit with the freezing cold air. I walked in my room to see my best friend looking intensely at his phone with a pout. I laughed and walked to my closet to get some clothes. 

“What are you laughing about?” Austin yelled from my bed. 

“You, you butt head.” I said laughing harder. I heard him gasp.

“I am not a butt head. I am a perfect angel.” Austin said dramatically.

“You really are.” I said walking into the room still in my towel. 

“Well you ar-” Austin looked up from his phone to look at me, then he stops mid-sentence. 

“What?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

“Oh, umm… nothing.” Austin said as if he snapped out of a daze. His cheeks were as red as a stop sign. I dropped my towel to put on my boxers, and once I did that a scream ripped through the air. 

“What the hell are you doing!” Austin screamed with his eyes covered up.

“What are you screaming for?” I said as I held my chest, because that almost gave me a heart attack.

“Why are you taking off your towel?” Austin's eyes were wide and he was blushing bright red. 

“How else am I going to get dressed?” I said.

“Why do you have to get dressed in here? That is not good for my heart” Austin said covering up his blushing bright red face.

“Your heart? Let’s talk about my heart. With your screaming my heart almost fell out of my chest.” I said. “Plus this is my room. You can leave while I get dressed.” I said rolling my eyes.

“You just don’t get why it’s bad for my heart.” Austin said frowning. 

“What do your heart have to do with this situation?” I sai highly confused.

“Nevermind.” Austin said getting up, and walked out of my room. 

“I wonder what is wrong with him.” I whispered to myself. 

I started to get dressed. I put on my boxers, black shirt, black pants, and timberland boots. After getting dressed I went downstairs to find Austin. 

“Austin.” I said as I seen him staring into space on my couch that costs $80,000. He jumped slightly.

“Louie you scared me! Why did you sneak up on me like that?” Austin said in a state of shock. 

“Austin I literally ran down the stairs and you are telling me you didn’t know I came in the room?” I said giving him a ‘are you serious’ face. 

“I was just thinking about something.” He said laughing awkwardly. 

“Okay…What brings you here?” I said trying to lift the awkwardness.

“Can I not come over a visit my bestest buddy?” Austin said in a sing-song voice. 

“What do you want?” I hugged out annoyed. 

“What do you mean, what do I want?” Austin said acting confused. 

“Austin, I am not as stupid as you may think. I know you like the back of my hand. You always say you want to hang out with me but in reality you want something. So, what do you want?” I said knowingly. 

“I’m flabbergasted. How could you think that about me.” Austin said with fake hurt showing on his face. I gave him the straightest face could muster up to show I wasn’t playing. “Okay. You caught me. I want you to take me out and I want you to pay for me.” Austin said with a straight face. 

“What! No! You can spend your own money.” I said. 

“How can you treat your best friend like this on his birthday?” Austin said wiping fake tears from his face. 

“Oh crap! It is your birthday!” I yelled because I’m a terrible best friend.

“You really forgot my birthday, didn’t you?” Austin said with a fragile voice as if he was breaking.

“I’m so, so, so, so, so, so sorry!” I said walking to him to give him the tightest hug. “I’m so sorry.” I will make this up to you.” 

“Okay. Just please get off of me I can’t breathe.” Austin said with a choked voice.

“Okay. I am really sorry.” I said giving him one last squeeze before letting him go. “So, where do you want to go?” I said.

“I’m not really sure. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat at, Pëzzå.” Austin said and as if it was on cue my stomach grumbled. Austin chuckled and said “I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Yeah. Let me go get my keys. What for me by the door.” I said getting up to go to the hallway by the kitchen, where my keys hang above a $45,000 coat rack. I grabbed my keys and coat, then walked to my best friend who also had his coat on. We walked out of the door into the freezing cold. I decided out of all 12 of my cars, we will ride in my black Maserati GranTurismo MC Centennial. Once we got in, Austin made a shocking outburst. 

“Sometimes I really hate you. You are obvious to everything. I drop hints all the time.” Austin said looking out the window at the winter wonderland. 

“What are you talking about?” I said but he didn’t reply. “If this is about your birthday, I’m so sorry for forgetting.” I said and that must’ve made him mad because his face scrunched up.

“I wasn’t talking about my birthday, but you wouldn’t know because you’re an idiot!” Austin yelled then turned towards the window again. I didn’t say anything back because I don’t know what to say. 

The drive to Pëzzå was 45 minutes, and we were silent the rest of the ride. I kept thinking about what he said. What hints have he been dropping to me? Why is he dropping hints? This was too confusing for me. I know I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know that the hints weren't noticeable at all. 

We pulled up at Pëzzå, and I looked over at Austin. He is so adorable. I can’t take my eyes off him. 

“Alright. Let’s go.” I said opening up my door to get out. He got out after me. We walked through the bitter cold, into the beautiful building. 

“How may I help you?” A lady will blonde hair said with a huge smile showing off her perfect, white teeth.

“We will like a table for two.” I said.

“Okay right this way.” She said and walked us to our table. “Here are your menus. Your waitress will be here to start you guys off. Have a good day.” She said as she walked away. 

“Austin, after this what do you want to do?” I said tapping his shoulder. 

“Find a new best friend.” Austin said. I gasped in shock. 

“What did I do? Is this about your bir-“ I said but he stopped me.

“Don’t you dare say it’s about my birthday. I was just kidding. No one in the world could ever replace you. I would literally kill for you.” Austin said. 

“Awwww, I would die for you.” I said pulling him into a hug. 

“I’m dead serious. I would literally kill anyone who would try to separate us.” Austin tone was seriously scary when he said this. 

“O-okay.” I stuttered out. 

“Hi, I will be your waitress today my name is, Ãżul.” Ãżul said. 

“Ãżul we know who you are.” I said smiling. 

“I have to introduce myself. It’s this job procedure. I am volunteering to work here.” Ãżul said with a disgusted face. She is one of the people who walk around the city with her nose in the air, and I can’t get mad at it because she’s my girlfriend. 

“Anyways, I would like a mocha frappe.” I say still flipping through the menu.

“And what would you like, Austin?” Ãżul asked Austin.

“A new waitress.” Austin said nonchalantly. I giggled a little. 

“Um…” Ãżul said because she was unsure of what to say. 

“I would like a tea.” Austin said.

“Okay, I will be right back with your drinks.”Ãżul said walking away. 

“Why are you always like that towards her.” I asked Austin.

“What do you mean?” Austin said still flipping through the menu. 

“What I mean is that you don’t hide the fact that you don’t like her and you say mean things.” I said to my best friend.

“Well I was told not to hide my feelings. If I feel strongly about something. I was told to act on it.” Austin said folding his arms.

“Okay that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be mean to her. She is my girlfriend.” I said.

“Okay, and? What does that have to do with me? She’s your girlfriend not mine.” Austin said shrugging his shoulders.

“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I decided that I want to go to- ahhhhhh. F!” Austin scream pierced through the room. 

“Oh my money! I’m sorry!” Ãżul yelled as she grabbed napkins to wipe up the smothering hot tea she spilled on Austin. I almost laughed a the fact that she yelled ‘oh my money’ instead of ‘oh my god’. Does she really worship money that much. 

“You did it on purpose you dumb bitch!” Austin yelled upset. He got up and walked to the bathroom. 

“Louie, you know that I didn’t mean to do that.” Ãżul looked at me with pleading eyes. 

“Yeah. Let me go make sure he's okay.” I stood up and went to the bathroom. 

“Austin are you alright?” I ask him.

“No. This day is not going right and I hate it.” Austin said as tears rolled down his eyes. Without even thinking I pulled him in a hug.

“It’s okay. It’s going to be okay.” I said rocking us side to side. After about five minutes he stopped sobbing.

“Are you Okay now?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said in a flat voice.

“Do you want to eat some food?” I said trying to lighten the mood.

“Of course food is more important than my feelings.” He laughed lightly.

“Okay let’s go.” I said as I opened the door so he can walk out. Ãżul was waiting outside the door. Once she saw me she hugged me.

“They fired me and told me I can’t get my volunteer credits.” She had tears brimming in her ears. 

“Awww. Baby it’s okay you can always volunteer somewhere else.” I said as wrapped my arms around her small frame.

“But I worked so hard.” She said as she sniffles into my shirt. I turn to look at Austin but he wasn’t there. I scanned the eating area to see where he was. I seen him at the table where he got burned. 

“Babe, let’s go sit at the table with Austin.” I said pulling her towards the table.

“Noooooo.” She whined as she tried to stay in that one place. 

“Whyyyyy.” I complained as I stretched the ‘y’. 

“Because, we don’t get along.” She said. 

“But today is his birthday, and I am planning on spending the day with him.” I said giving her puppy dog eyes. 

“Hold up, did you forget that we are going on a date today?” She asked in disbelief.

“What? When did we plan this?” I asked 

“A few days ago after I came for the mall with my friends.” She said. 

“Oh. Well can we reschedule it?” I asked hopefully.

“No.” She said.

“Okay well I have to tell him that.” I said sad. I know that Austin is going to be so disappointed. 

“Okay I will come just to see his face.” I think she tried to whisper but it didn’t work.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Nothing she said walking toward the table. When we got to the table we sat down and ordered food.

“Austin, I can’t spend the whole day with you today.” I said nervously.

“And why is that?” He said with hurt in his eyes.

“Me and my girlfriend are going on a date.” I said shifting my gaze to the table so I can’t see what face he is making.  

“So, you are going to blow your bestfriend off for a girl that you are probably not going to last with?” He asked.

“It’s not like that. Me and her already planned to go on this date.” I said trying to convince him.

“Okay, whatever.” Austin said and stuffed his face with expensive pizza. We all just ate in silence. Once we were done I paid and we all left out of the building. Austin and I walked to my car in silence, we also drove in silence. Once I pulled up to his house, I let out a deep breath and begun to speak.

“I’m so sor-” Before I could even finish me sentence he got out of the car and slammed the door. “I deserved that.” I whispered to myself.

I pulled off to get ready for my date with Azul. Once I got home I got a text from Azul. I read and it said she couldn’t make the date because she has other plans.

“Great. I made my best friend mad at me for this date and now she is saying she can’t come.” I said sarcastically. I decided to go shopping and get Austin presents. After I went to the mall drove over to Austin’s house.

When I got there I seen Azul car. That’s funny I thought she couldn’t make it. I brushed it off. It’s probably one of Austin’s friends cars. I pulled out the keys for his house, that he gave to me not too long ago.I walked inside his house and went straight up to his room. When I opened his door I immediately froze. Austin and Azul had their tongues down each other's throats. When they heard the door open they stopped and looked towards the door. Austin grinned at me and Asul just stared.

“What is going on here?” I croaked out in shock.

“What does it look like?” Austin says. 

“Louie, I have to tell you something. I never liked you. I only wanted to date you to get close with Austin.” Azul confessed looking dead at me. This can’t be happening to me. My girlfriend and my best friend. Are they serious. I began to shake violently and I passed out.

When I woke up I was in Austin’s bed.

“Hey buddy!” Austin said with blood shot eyes. “I thought I was going to lose you.” He said with tears spilling out of he eyes. 

“What happened.” I said sitting up.

“You caught me and Azul kissing.” He said with his head down.

“Why were you guys kissing?” I ask sadly.

“Because she had you. I love you, more than in a friend way.” He said. I was shocked. I took a minute to think about it. I love him too.

“I love you too. I pulled him into a kiss.

5 years later.

“Police are still searching for Azul. Azul Paris is a 21 year old woman with blue hair. She was last seen in Pëzzå. If you have any information, please contact the police.” The news reporter said. 

“Babe why are you watching the news?” Austin says from the giant fluffy bed.

“I was watching the story about Azul. I wonder what happened to her.” I said a little sad.

“Who cares about her she hurt you. Come here and cuddle with me. I want to take your mind off of that.” Austin said smiling brightly.

I shut off the TV and went over to the bed. 

“Hey Louie, do you remember when I said I would kill anyone who tries to get in between us?” Austin said.

“Yeah. Why?” I said.

“I will still do that.” Austin said smiling like a maniac.