Telling the truth saves lives | Teen Ink

Telling the truth saves lives

October 24, 2019
By Anonymous

In was a beautiful sunny day in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania everything was covered with green instead of a thick layer of snow and that's when I told my first lie just a couple of days since I turned 10. It was a beautiful almost as the sun was smiling down at me, but compared to it I was not feeling happy about being outside even if the sun was accepting me with its arms, so I tried my best to stay indoors as much as I could by saying that I wasn’t feeling well. Almost all summer I spent my days and nights laying in bed since I was like my best friend that would hold my hand during tough times, but one day placed an inflatable pool that was like a gigantic pond just appeared in front of my house and it crystal clear water made me want to go near it.

I walked towards the big green pool that his magnificent attracted me so much that my nose was almost touching the outside layer of it that was made of a green fluorescent shiny rubber material, but as soon as I escape the spell that was placed by the pool making abruptly back away as if it were to hurt me if I was so close to it. I was so out of it that I didn’t realize that almost my entire family was having a hotdog barbecue in the backyard when I finally came to my senses, I finally Enjoy the red balloons that were almost calling my name wanting me to enjoy the barbecue happening in my average size backyard but it had enormous bright multicolor roses that covered most of the yard, but it was almost as if they were disgusted at me. My family realized that I was there they started to call my name in an annoying manner, so I just ignored them and kept walking until my mother grabbed my arm and pulled me into a white hard plastic chair that was planted in the middle of the yard and I sat there until everyone went inside my small red brick home to play board games indoors, so not wanting to wait in this hot and moist weather I tried to be sneaky and come in by the heavy glass back door that almost took the entire back whole. As I entered my mom immediately notices me and asked me if someone was still eating outside and if they were I should wait until they are done, before even thinking about it the words just escaped my mouth saying that there was nobody outside, as soon as I said that I felt like the sky blue walls that decorate my home were judging me for my actions and I just sprinted up my spiral staircase that connects both the first and second floor. I sat on the edge of the window the space was so small only one person could fit, but with their legs touching their chest.

While I sat there the once friendly-looking sun now was disappointed in me, so immediately I looked down in embarrassment and the first thing I saw was my older sister choking on her food. I froze in place and my subconscious was yelling at me for not moving, so I snapped myself out of it and ran downstairs on my spiral staircase but this time I fell and landed on my back on my hard wooden floor, and not being able to move I decide to yell that my sister was choking outside and as soon as they heard me they ran back outside. My sister was saved but I felt guilty that all of this was my fault, so I sat in the beautifully decorated garden and stared up to the sun and I realized that it was smiling back at me and I realized that the moral way to do it is to ask for forgiveness and never lie about anything even if it seems like a small thing it can still affect others.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.