The Side Unknown | Teen Ink

The Side Unknown

By allielopez, Bonita Springs, Florida
allielopez, Bonita Springs, Florida

Summary:

"The Side Unknown" is a uniquely crafted narrative of a teen's struggles with feelings of hopelessness and being alone. Told through the eyes of two twin sisters, it blends the style of prose and verse allowing both sisters voices to stand on their own. A tough topic written with maturity - be prepared to be taken on an emotional journey. 

Alexandra L.

The Side Unknown

on Oct. 20 2022 at 7:41 pm
justarandomguy, Florida, Florida

don't let people define you, only you can.

I have no words for what I just read.

on Dec. 29 2021 at 3:35 pm
ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
Jesus Christ. That hit me hard. I once tried to commit suicide at night I swallowed 6 pills and went to bed, hoping to die in my sleep. I lived so I guess that makes me a survivor.

on Sep. 2 2021 at 4:38 pm
WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

wowwwwwwwww

on Aug. 10 2020 at 12:27 pm
BrokenBranches BRONZE, Mansfield, Texas

"Do not tell me sky is the limit when there is a footprint on the moon." -Paul Brandt

Thank you for writing this. I lost my brother to suicide over dose like Iris did, easy to relate to. Great piece of work!

brianna29 said...
on Oct. 9 2019 at 6:04 pm
brianna29, San Bernardino Ca, California
This novel really spoke to me , at first I was confused by how the author made Spencer speak but now it all came together perfectly . Some details about Spencer that I can relate to is staying quiet all the time because she felt as if anyone couldn't understand her . Some details about Iris is that shes caring for Spencer as a bestfriend should be . I totally recommend people to look into this book I believe the author did an excellent job in writing and putting the novel all together

berenk SILVER said...
on Jan. 14 2019 at 2:11 am
berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other
Wow, this really touched me. This is honestly one of the best pieces of artwork i've ever read. Amazing.